Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Cola

For me, Cola is more like my Put Me in a Movie 2.0:

eyeroll at first listen --> deletes it from iTunes --> puts it back --> "but no, seriously?" --> unchecks it in iTunes --> admits it's kinda pretty --> rechecks it in iTunes --> "but why did she have to go with THAT choice of words, exactly?" --> destined to break into my top 5 of that album (but wait, with TPE that's not saying as much...)

:wtf:

4r9w86.jpg

You...deleted PMIAM? :O

"No, I do not like little girls. No, I do not like men who like little girls. No, I just... No. NO!"

"Okay, maybe I like that you like to act like a.... NO!"

(The trick is not to try and resolve the cognitive dissonance too quickly btw.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I refuse to believe what the Paradise Edition Digital Booklet tells:

Ah, he's in the sky with diamonds..

My vote goes to Harvey.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

"Cola" definitely is one of her best songs so far, I think. I love how polarizing the opening lyrics are. The media has attempted to draw this very superficial character of her and there seems to be a constant misconception about her personality. She is easily put off as a shallow, asexual and innocent Hollywood rehash which is totally uninteresting in real life. What I have found so fascinating about her from the beginning on was that she was far from being a one-sided character. In fact, she doesn't fit any particular stereotype of women, even if she portrays herself as such sometimes. Sexually explicit lyrics like "My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola" and even her numerous ambiguous double-entendres on Born to Die smash any attempt made to reduce her to some homogenous cliché.

Seeing, at least in the German media, how this is now categorized as a small controversy, I can only applaud her courage to stand by the sexually-charged lyrical imagery she creates, even though she was advised to drop it.

wut

Oh my God! :lmao:

"Wut" was my exact reaction to your post but then I checked the lyrics of the song and noticed she actually sings 'While I'm blowing up as a singer' and not what I thought she does. :blush: Sorry, I edit my original post.

Oh my God! :lmao:

"Wut" was my exact reaction to your post but then I checked the lyrics of the song and noticed she actually sings 'While I'm blowing up as a singer' and not what I thought she does. :blush: Sorry, I edit my original post.

Now's my turn to 'wut' on the both of you, since that's all I can decipher for that line:

I'm in the back, doin crack, drinkin P-p-p-epsi

And wut? Is that all I can decipher of?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Now's my turn to 'wut' on the both of you, since that's all I can decipher for that line:

I'm in the back, doin crack, drinkin P-p-p-epsi

And wut? Is that all I can decipher of?

I wasn't talking about the Pepsi Cola line, I have always lived under the impression (by listening) that Lana sings something with a blow job in "Boarding School" but she doesn't. Thank God I noticed now.

If according to Cola, Pepsi = Pussy...

So she was in the back doin' crack... :teehee:

ex-act-ly

JLMg2.gif

I refuse to believe what the Paradise Edition Digital Booklet tells:

Ah, he's in the sky with diamonds..

My vote goes to Harvey.

this!!! every time i listen i can't even hear "ah he's," no matter how hard i try.