Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Cola

took me so long to figure out what you meant by "phedo" thought it was like a misspelling of some kind of cheese?

Ups!!! My bad just saw that misspelling. The song was pasted twice also...sorry for that 2

glgcDdT.gif

Guest OPRAH

I don't think Lana or anyone would be "down with incest". At least not people with the minimum of character or decency....well that is just what I think anyway

I wasn't being serious in regards to Lana; I threw it out there because it was a possibility that I didn't think anyone else would entertain due to its taboo nature. Maybe she had an incestuous relationship with her father, maybe she didn't, I don't know. I personally don't think she did, however I'm not ignorant enough to assume with ~complete certainty~ aspects of another person's life, especially someone I don't know personally... nor would I make a universal assumption about people. Consensual incest, where both parties are happy, loving, and supportive of one another (or maybe the dynamic is "strictly sex" and doesn't assume the form of a romantic relationship) does exist. Just because you can't fathom yourself or others having an interest and/or willingly participating in these acts doesn't mean that they don't happen. It just doesn't seem right to me to judge one's character or ~decency~ by their preferences in regards to sex and attraction. Those involved in an incestuous relationship can't help what or whom they are attracted to anymore than you and I can.

I wasn't being serious in regards to Lana; I threw it out there because it was a possibility that I didn't think anyone else would entertain due to its taboo nature. Maybe she had an incestuous relationship with her father, maybe she didn't, I don't know. I personally don't think she did, however I'm not ignorant enough to assume with ~complete certainty~ aspects of another person's life, especially someone I don't know personally... nor would I make a universal assumption about people. Consensual incest, where both parties are happy, loving, and supportive of one another (or maybe the dynamic is "strictly sex" and doesn't assume the form of a romantic relationship) does exist. Just because you can't fathom yourself or others having an interest and/or willingly participating in these acts doesn't mean that they don't happen. It just doesn't seem right to me to judge one's character or ~decency~ by their preferences in regards to sex and attraction. Those involved in an incestuous relationship can't help what or whom they are attracted to anymore than you and I can.

Sorry but even if I know that what you are saying is true is just gross to even think about it. I almost puked from the middle to the end of your post. And yes I think is just wrong and disgusting pedophilia and incest. I am a open minded person but that is just gross and wrong in so many levels that I don't even gonna start talking about them.

glgcDdT.gif

I wasn't being serious in regards to Lana; I threw it out there because it was a possibility that I didn't think anyone else would entertain due to its taboo nature. Maybe she had an incestuous relationship with her father, maybe she didn't, I don't know. I personally don't think she did, however I'm not ignorant enough to assume with ~complete certainty~ aspects of another person's life, especially someone I don't know personally... nor would I make a universal assumption about people. Consensual incest, where both parties are happy, loving, and supportive of one another (or maybe the dynamic is "strictly sex" and doesn't assume the form of a romantic relationship) does exist. Just because you can't fathom yourself or others having an interest and/or willingly participating in these acts doesn't mean that they don't happen.

I'm willing to entertain the idea. Especially when it's two hawt sisters. :creep:

In all seriousness though, I agree with you about consensual incest, which I believe is possible between siblings. But since we're talking about parent/child incest here, there is almost invariably a power dynamic at play that renders questionable the very concept of consent in this context. And I imagine this would often be the case in sibling relationships as well, especially if there is an age difference.

It just doesn't seem right to me to judge one's character or ~decency~ by their preferences in regards to sex and attraction. Those involved in an incestuous relationship can't help what or whom they are attracted to anymore than you and I can.

Um, I think NAMBLA makes the same argument. :uh:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest OPRAH

... I agree with you about consensual incest, which I believe is possible between siblings. But since we're talking about parent/child incest here, there is almost invariably a power dynamic at play that renders questionable the very concept of consent in this context. And I imagine this would often be the case in sibling relationships as well, especially if there is an age difference.

Um, I think NAMBLA makes the same argument. :uh:

Good points, although I wasn't talking about parent/child incest (in which the child is a minor); I was speaking quite generally in response to Atonia, just as they made a ~general~ remark about those in incestuous relationships.

Regarding NAMBLA, I don't condone that shit. My point of focus are those that are ~sexual deviants~ and what attracts them: Are pedophiles inherently bad people? Can they help being attracted to children any more than you and I can help being attracted to men or women?

Are they still a bad person if they never act on their desires? Are they a bad person if they spot you with your 5 year old son, develop an attraction to them, fantasize about them, but never act on their attraction and take advantage of your hypothetical son?

What I really wanted people to take away from my points is that there are no preferences or fetishes in regards to sex that are inherently "bad".

Funny this thread should pop up because just today i was thinking about how the line in Go Go Dancer, “I never have to work cause my daddy is rich," could so easily be about a sugar daddy/lover/boyfriend rather than her actual father. Yeah, take that Lanalysis and Lanalyzers.

I had a girlfriend once that called her dad daddy. It was weird. It made me a little uncomfortable. One time she and i watched that Oprah episode about the guy who had a secret sex dungeon in his basement with sex slaves. Oh, Oprah.

Also weird that just this weekend i was talking about this exact thing:

consensual incest, which I believe is possible between siblings. But since we're talking about parent/child incest here, there is almost invariably a power dynamic at play that renders questionable the very concept of consent in this context.

As well as this, with the same person:

Are pedophiles inherently bad people? Can they help being attracted to children any more than you and I can help being attracted to men or women?

Are they still a bad person if they never act on their desires? Are they a bad person if they spot you with your 5 year old son, develop an attraction to them, fantasize about them, but never act on their attraction and take advantage of your hypothetical son?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Maybe she's being sarcastic? If she have/had daddy issues (idk, I feel like she hasn't talked about her family at all), then maybe that's her way of saying "gee dad, thanks for not making me more equipped to handle the real world" -.-

But I personally believe that she's thanking her "daddy" (just another x who's a great deal older than her) for helping her mastering the art of sex. I mean... if the pepsi and cola thing was a complete joke from her boyfriends side, then I wouldn't analyze the song too much hoping to find a deeper meaning. It basically just has a sexual and carefree undertone in my opinion. But I have the mind in the gutter all the time anyway, so... :smiles:

1olt2g.jpg

From what I've heard in Lana's songs, she calls her boyfriend/lover her daddy and her biological father her father. Now, I always thought that calling your dad "father" is a bit cold and distant. I do that too, as does my father with his parents and we all don't have that good of a relationship. I guess, she's just innocently thanking for everything he has given and taught her (nothing sexual).

I also think it's very possible she resents him at least a little since he sent her to boarding school when she was only 14/15. I'm sure she didn't want to leave home and her friends and he just sends her away, that seems cold to me. I always found it weird to send your child away if it has any problems, I'd think you'd want to be with your child and help them get through it and not leave it up to strange teachers at a boarding school (it didn't help Lizzy anyway).

Maybe they've always had a strained relationship and she feels like she needs a "daddy" who will love her and care for her because she feels like her own father didn't.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Good points, although I wasn't talking about parent/child incest (in which the child is a minor)

Neither was I. There are familial power dynamics at play even among related adults that I think call into question the notion of consent.

Are they still a bad person if they never act on their desires?

No, I agree with you on that.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

What is my mind even doing right now...

The idea of incest just makes me shudder, but when you throw consent into the equation I have to actually push aside my comfortable young life and think critically. Mostly these open questions are leaving me like, "I DON'T KNOOOOOOOW."

hiYf8.gif

What is my mind even doing right now...

The idea of incest just makes me shudder, but when you throw consent into the equation I have to actually push aside my comfortable young life and think critically. Mostly these open questions are leaving me like, "I DON'T KNOOOOOOOW."

hiYf8.gif

I do think consensual incest is possible but very rare and hard to define as such. Also, I highly doubt Lana fucked her father.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

From what I've heard in Lana's songs, she calls her boyfriend/lover her daddy and her biological father her father. Now, I always thought that calling your dad "father" is a bit cold and distant. I do that too, as does my father with his parents and we all don't have that good of a relationship.

I refer to my Father by his first name when talking to family about him. But similar to you, our relationship is poor and anything else would feel much too loving. But I agree with you on the daddy = boyfriend, father = biological father comment. But tbh who doesn't have daddy issues?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Is very interesting as even when you speak the language (english is not my first language) you can still get lost in translation. From what you guy's say is quite commom in US 2 call your boyfriend daddy. For sure I know the expression sugar daddy but that is a different thing I guess. I had lived in NY for a couple of months but I never played attention to that particular Boyfriend = daddy detail. The way it sounds to people outside US is probably different than the way it sound to you guy's which is the proper way since Lana is from US and her songs are very much "the americana style". Another day another lesson! :)

glgcDdT.gif

Is very interesting as even when you speak the language (english is not my first language) you can still get lost in translation. From what you guy's say is quite commom in US 2 call your boyfriend daddy. For sure I know the expression sugar daddy but that is a different thing I guess. I had lived in NY for a couple of months but I never played attention to that particular Boyfriend = daddy detail. The way it sounds to people outside US is probably different than the way it sound to you guy's which is the proper way since Lana is from US and her songs are very much "the americana style". Another day another lesson! :)

I don't think it's that common. Lana herself said she always thought she was weird for calling her boyfriend that.

I refer to my Father by his first name when talking to family about him.

same but i also call my parents using my nick name's for them, occasionally i'll call them dad/father/mum/mother too tho!

From what I've heard in Lana's songs, she calls her boyfriend/lover her daddy and her biological father her father. Now, I always thought that calling your dad "father" is a bit cold and distant.

i agree with the first bit, calling your boyfriend/lover daddy is very common in some cultures (it also has a lot of sexual references to it), but i don't agree with the second part when i say father i'm not being cold or distant towards him it's just another nickname, imo i think a lot of people have a negative view on the word because they themselves don't use it or because it's rare to say nowadays.

I don't think it's that common. Lana herself said she always thought she was weird for calling her boyfriend that.

side note: could you pleaseeeee tell me when she said that? sounds interesting!

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~