Sign in to follow this  
renaissance

Elle UK June 2017 Interview & New Confirmed Track - "God Bless America"

and my personal favourite, Yosemite, a beautiful song about the way relationships change over time.

After she plays me this track in the very room in which it was recorded, I can't help but ask what Lana is like as a girlfriend. "I'm amazing. I'm the best," she jokes, before clarifying, "I actually am the best girlfriend because I only get into a relationship if I'm really excited about it. I'm unconditionally understanding, very loving and like to be with that person for a lot of the time." After hearing Yosemite's refrain that she's no longer a candle in the wind, which to mean she's found a steadier light in her life, I wonder whether what she looks for in a relationship has also changed? "For me, the dream is to have a little bit of the edge, the sexiness, the magnetism, the camaraderie, be on the same page and all that stuff, but without the fallout that comes from a person who is really selfish and puts only their needs first, which is like a lot of frontmen if we're talking about musicians!" 

Lana smiles, takes a sip of her iced coffee, and says: "I guess have a little bit of a fantasy that really great relationships, friendships, and romances can stand the test of time. Even though each person in the relationship or the group changes, they don't change in ways that would make the relationship come to an end."

"The chorus [of Yosemite] is about doing things for fun, for free, and doing them for the right reasons. It's about having artistic integrity; not doing things because you think they would be big, but because the message is something that's important. And then, it's about just being with someone because you really can't see not having them in your life,not because it would be 'beneficial' to you to be in their company. It's that concept of just being in a relationship for 100% the right reasons. Being a good person, basically."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Give it a rest

over my dead fucking body

On 5/16/2017 at 2:56 AM, Elle said:

and my personal favourite, Yosemite, a beautiful song about the way relationships change over time.

After she plays me this track in the very room in which it was recorded, I can't help but ask what Lana is like as a girlfriend. "I'm amazing. I'm the best," she jokes, before clarifying, "I actually am the best girlfriend because I only get into a relationship if I'm really excited about it. I'm unconditionally understanding, very loving and like to be with that person for a lot of the time." After hearing Yosemite's refrain that she's no longer a candle in the wind, which to mean she's found a steadier light in her life, I wonder whether what she looks for in a relationship has also changed? "For me, the dream is to have a little bit of the edge, the sexiness, the magnetism, the camaraderie, be on the same page and all that stuff, but without the fallout that comes from a person who is really selfish and puts only their needs first, which is like a lot of frontmen if we're talking about musicians!" (Lana has previously dated Barrie-James O'Neill, the Scottish lead singer of alt-rock band Kassidy.) "I'm going to write a book one day called, 'The curse of the frontman and why you should always date the bassist.'"

Lana smiles, takes a sip of her iced coffee, and says: "I guess have a little bit of a fantasy that really great relationships, friendships, and romances can stand the test of time. Even though each person in the relationship or the group changes, they don't change in ways that would make the relationship come to an end."

"The chorus [of Yosemite] is about doing things for fun, for free, and doing them for the right reasons. It's about having artistic integrity; not doing things because you think they would be big, but because the message is something that's important. And then, it's about just being with someone because you really can't see not having them in your life,not because it would be 'beneficial' to you to be in their company. It's that concept of just being in a relationship for 100% the right reasons. Being a good person, basically."

maniacally laughing