Amadeus

Eurovision Song Contest

I guess that was to be expected. Still feels kinda unreal, though.

Till the very end I was hoping it would just magically fix itself but it's only getting worse.

I hate this whole situation so fucking much

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Till the very end I was hoping it would just magically fix itself but it's only getting worse.

I hate this whole situation so fucking much

I'm not even sure what I was thinking lol. I guess I kinda expected them to just not have a live audience, like all those late night TV shows these days.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The nominees to represent Finland are a fucking joke once again... I am so done with the Finnish Broadcasting Company being in charge I just don't want Finland to participate anymore. Their songs haven't been released and they haven't even been officially announced yet - some Spanish ESC fan account leaked them on Twitter with receipts - but it's already over for us...

I see this topic is dead and I don't really follow ESC this year either, but I just watched my country's (Croatia) national finals and this one won: 

I know it's not the best, but compared to everything else, it was the only reasonable option... The show was really crap with barely 2-3 normal songs.... So what do you guys think? 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

32 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

I see this topic is dead and I don't really follow ESC this year either, but I just watched my country's (Croatia) national finals and this one won: 

I know it's not the best, but compared to everything else, it was the only reasonable option... The show was really crap with barely 2-3 normal songs.... So what do you guys think? 

wtf guys are so hot. came here for the song stayed for the guys, dance was also kinda serving gayness so i'm here for it but i didn't like the chorus tbh. i think it's either 6/10 or 7/10

We finally have all the songs for this year (except for Belarus but they will drop out anyway) so EUROVISION 2021 season can officially start now

That being said we’re still expecting some revamps from a few countries :popcorn:

i76mrxw.png 

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Poland is such an embarassement this year :bebe: everyone had a meltdown

it's not really embarrassing it's faceless, NOrth Macedonia remains the most embarrassing entry :bebe: 

i76mrxw.png 

My impressions as of now before the rehearsals have started and we're still awaiting some revamps:

Albania: dramatic screaming for the 7th time

Australia: coming for the Charli XCX base if she manages to sing it live

Austria: I'm telling you this is not what anybody wanted

Azerbuyjan: Messy Cardi B rap mixed with K-Pop outro

Belgium: Adult Contemporary Bop, if they don't mess up the staging this will do well

Bulgaria: Bulgarian Billie Eilish clone, song isn't that bad though and less Billie than last year

Croatia: i love Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa too

Cyprus: i also love Bad Romance by Lady Gaga

Czech Republic: well this will do well again if they stage it well

Denmark: well... this won't

Estonia: tbh this isn't bad but like i always forget it exists but it really isn't bad

Finland: Well i guess at least one country needs to serve this every year

France: Bringing back the chansons!

Georgia: it's kind of the same as with Estonia but it's also very boring

Germany: outdoing Denmark but i guess more self-aware

Greece: i always wondered how Dua Lipa's Physical and The Weeknd's Blinding Lights would sound as a mash-up (but really this can do well if they stage this good)

Iceland: i can't describe how much i hate this, they took a list of things that worked last time just to tick everything off of it without actually building it organically off of a good song

Ireland: well it could only go up from last year (this might actually qualify if they don't have embarrassing staging and gave Lesley some budget for vocal coaching)

Israel: waiting for the revamp because this is like very okay and there's nothing that bad about it but okay just won't pay the rent (although Eden will perform this well we just need the chorus to be better than this)

Italy: well i guess angry people that are less angry than those voting for Finland might vote for this 

Latvia: serving K-Pop but i kinda stan this avant-garde queen she kind of predicted the corona pandemic with her last entry for 2020

Lithuania: well this is like Iceland but i can appreciate the song much more because it's not a lesser version of last year's entry

Malta: this will do really well if the staging isn't boring because we know Destiny can sing. Also kinda riding the same train as Meghan Trainer and Lizzo but i can't be mad as it's not that bad.

Moldova: i literally don't know what this is supposed to be. K-Pop? Fuego Pop Girl Bop? who knows? does Moldova know?

Netherlands: well.. they're the winner so something like this was expected but at least it's not plain out bad, would have probably not qualified if they weren't save though

North Macedonia: Frozen but make it like.. male and like idk 

Norway: well he's a fallen angel i guess (he would qualify in Semi 2 but he's in Semi 1 so he probably won't)

Poland: The song is okay but idk why someone would chose a TV presenter to sing it thus serving Denmark but in English (and with a boppier song) but i can't see how this is gonna work on the stage with Mr Raf

Portugal: nobody is talking about this but the song really isn't bad it's just very..unpredictable how the public will vote for this

Romania: this song isn't bad and i'm glad they ditched the weird faux-Billie Eilish trend they were riding last year together with the much more shameless Bulgaria

Russia: i stan this Russian rapping and summoning of a Demon serving Communist Feminist Manifesto but making it a bop

San Marino: SenHIT coming with a HIT 

Serbia: Last year's song had a much better chorus as this songs chorus kind of just disappears within the song, i'm ALL here for Hurricane though so i hope they make it because we know they'll deliver a performance on that stage

Slovenia: Oh have i already said that i also really like Hello by Adele

Spain: being spain

Sweden: bad song, Tusse is a good performer though but the song just ain't it at all. Sweden at its most basic and most predictable and sending a MAN once again.

Switzerland: will do really well if staged well

Ukraine: goes off 

United Kingdom: tries to go off (no but really this isn't that bad considering this is coming from the UK but who knows what they'll do on stage for this)

:makeup:

i76mrxw.png 

I usually hate this kitsch-event HOWEVER ...

I'm a huge Hooverphonic-Fan. Well, at least their work up until "The President Of the LSD Golfclub". Everything they did after that tended to be a touch too mainstream-pop-ish for my personal taste. But they just reunited with Geike, the singer they collaborated with for the longest during the band's prime.

While "The Wrong Place" is not really revolutionary, I'm still really hyped about this reunion and I HOPE they will make it to a good spot

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Omg yes didn't know this thread existed, anyways my top 3 after a few listens are:

1. Belgium 

2. Ukraine (the video is brilliant wow I watched it so many times) 

3. Italy 

Can't wait!! :party:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I really liked France, Italy and Switzerland from my first listen :twirls:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I usually hate this kitsch-event HOWEVER ...

I'm a huge Hooverphonic-Fan. Well, at least their work up until "The President Of the LSD Golfclub". Everything they did after that tended to be a touch too mainstream-pop-ish for my personal taste. But they just reunited with Geike, the singer they collaborated with for the longest during the band's prime.

While "The Wrong Place" is not really revolutionary, I'm still really hyped about this reunion and I HOPE they will make it to a good spot

I have high hopes for Belgium, if they don't mess up the staging (and let's hope that Hooverphonic hired a good team i mean it's not like they wouldn't have access to good teams) their entry might do really well. I mean winning will be hard and i don't see this for them because it's too niche and too much of a "slow burner" but i can totally see them go out of this with a good placing.

However if they do something awful and awkward looking like Belgium did in 2018 then they might flop at qualifying :bebe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2cZE2gCfWg  

i76mrxw.png 

Mad about you is giving me late 90's-early 00's vibes and the strings Bond vibes :bop:

Edit: wait a min... you shared one of their older songs, didn't you? lol I thought the video just had some 90's ~aesthetics~

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

Mad about you is giving me late 90's-early 00's vibes and the strings Bond vibes :bop:

Edit: wait a min... you shared one of their older songs, didn't you? lol I thought the video just had some 90's ~aesthetics~

Haha yeah, Mad About You is the most famous Hooverphonic song. It's from back in the day when the band had a more defined song and surfes the post-Trip-Hop-wave of the early 2000s.

They split up with Geike around 2010 and did a lot of ... well, very generic music after that. At one point, they did some cringy musical-esque shows and I

in 2018, they even had some underage casting-show winner as their lead vocalist, which was a bit creepy.

They reunited with Geike last year and released a slightly underwhelming, yet nice new version of Mad About You. And now they participate om the ESC with "The Wrong Place".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!