Amadeus

Eurovision Song Contest

Guys, I know I'm late to the party but I want to hear your opinion on Serbia? I can't belive we finished 5th because the song received so much hate here until we realized that the foreigners were praising it and that it will probably go far.

Btw I always cringe when some middle aged women explain a completely wrong meaning of the song to other people wanting to appear smart when the artist debunked it and told the actual meaning multiple times. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

11 minutes ago, shady said:

Guys, I know I'm late to the party but I want to hear your opinion on Serbia? I can't belive we finished 5th because the song received so much hate here until we realized that the foreigners were praising it and that it will probably go far.

Btw I always cringe when some middle aged women explain a completely wrong meaning of the song to other people wanting to appear smart when the artist debunked it and told the actual meaning multiple times. 

My first impression was WTF. I didn‘t watch the semi-finals or follow the news so her perfomance caught me by surprise. But it was obvious that she was being very serious about what she was singing about so I did some research during the breaks and actually liked her message. And the song is kinda catchy.

POE POE POE POE POE POE! :beyonce:

Fqra3lcaAAAjJCD?format=jpg&name=large

UK, Israel, Finland, Serbia, France, and Czech Republic are great too. Not feeling the Loreen song/performance, I feel like people only rate her that highly because of Euphoria but IDK.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Käärijä supremacy 2023! :defeated:

The first Finnish representer in my life that I'm actually happy with and want so much to win or end up at least in top 3. Discovered him back in like 2019 so I'm so happy he's a huge phenomenon here right now and that he's so loved in the ESC community as well.

Other songs that have managed to get into my regular rotation are (in no specific order):

Queen of Kings

My Sister's Crown

Who the Hell is Edgar?

Carpe Diem

Samo mi se spava

The studio version of Tattoo has grown on me a lot and I like the concept of Loreen's Melodifestivalen performance but the live vocals just feel somewhat burdensome to listen to. :biblio:

Italian guy is hot af but I rly dunno how they expect ballads to win? Also I was so hyped about Sweden, she was incr beautiful but I thought the song was so forgettable :noparty: Super excited to hear the rest aaaaaah

ZKcaooE.png

I'm in Brussels at my sister's and the commentary from the Belgian tv is abysmal :eartha: I am LIVING

Also we're rating each performance based on: if they sing in their language, voice, performance, and capacity on ten to play a character from Starmania which is both an extremely nerdy thing to do and a total collapse

2 minutes ago, fukksleep said:

I haven't see any guy that can sing here. LIKE GO BACK HOME🤮🤮

I agree omg... I actually think they can sing, but the songs aren't showing at all their vocal range and capacity :) 

ZKcaooE.png

On 4/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, jvcx said:

Käärijä supremacy 2023! :defeated:

The first Finnish representer in my life that I'm actually happy with and want so much to win or end up at least in top 3. Discovered him back in like 2019 so I'm so happy he's a huge phenomenon here right now and that he's so loved in the ESC community as well.

Other songs that have managed to get into my regular rotation are (in no specific order):

Queen of Kings

My Sister's Crown

Who the Hell is Edgar?

Carpe Diem

Samo mi se spava

The studio version of Tattoo has grown on me a lot and I like the concept of Loreen's Melodifestivalen performance but the live vocals just feel somewhat burdensome to listen to. :biblio:

Lordi was pretty cool, too. I will never forget their performance in Athens 2006, where I was in the audience for the final dress rehearsal. 

I have to say I generally find the quality of entries this year better than in the previous years. 

It was expensive watch it