Flowerbomb

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Maybe my contribution / could be as small as hoping

That words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts your way

It's true, Lana spoke me into existence:

It's the voodoo, mississippi south

69 million stars

Birds are flying out of my mouth

This is how I came into being. Like Athena from the mind of Zeus, I sprang fully formed from the mouth of Lana. You knew there had to be some voodoo shit involved, didn't you?

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

earlier i stated this song reminds me of paradise(the song) but it also sounds like flipside

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Based on her KROQ interview, it's kind of confirmed that she's singing about watching Father John Misty on stage with Emma.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

In this interview it is revealed that she is aware that most people don't like this song :teehee:

Nostalgia can be really corny when it’s not done well, and you’re all about nostalgia. How do you try to get it right?

I know I walk the line sometimes. [laughs] I saw comments that people said about my little “Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind” song. I write that title and I’m like, OK, I know I went there. But I think it’s amazing. It’s on the nose. It’s so on the nose. But sometimes things just are what they are. I’m at Coachella for three days, and North Korea is pointing a missile at us, and I’m watching Father John Misty with my best friend, who’s his wife—that’s all I’m literally saying. It’s just like, Yeah, I’m a hipster. I know it. Got it.

They just played Coachella at a NYC Starbucks I'm in. Part of me thinks it's because I come here like everyday and the workers know I love lana lol. Or just a total coincidence! Either way, idc what you guys say, Coachella is a GOOD song.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

They just played Coachella at a NYC Starbucks I'm in. Part of me thinks it's because I come here like everyday and the workers know I love lana lol. Or just a total coincidence! Either way, idc what you guys say, Coachella is a GOOD song.

Queen Elle spoke..bye haters 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Throwback to when a random person wrote ake lyrics for the song in under a day right before it released and they were lowkey better even if the meaning is way off

[interlude]
And then you left me
Alone in your galaxy, with nothing to console me
But the sound of your voice playing over
And over again, on the radio

And every time I hear you strike that chord
Every time I hear a bird sing
Or cross paths with a couple in love
I hope that you're still proud

[Verse 1]
You and your sweet harmony
Tell me, is it true?
That you're still out there, baby
Fingers brush across a string
Reminds me of the way you used to sing
That rhythm and blues

[Refrain]
Listen to the choir sing
Cause baby, now the whole world's watching out
Was it you? Was it really you?
Are you with me?
Are you still here?

[Chorus]
Now I'm dancing at Coachella but
My mind's living in 1969
(Do you remember)?
Got your fingers 'round my fingers
It's your memory that keeps me feeling fine
(Do you remember?)

So don't you dare leave Woodstock
Don't wanna know that you're not here
Now I'm dancing at Coachella but
I left my heart with you there

[Verse 2]
You and your vintage guitar
Tell me, is it true?
Pretending that you're bigger than you are
Looked at me with your gentle eyes
And told me that you wished upon the stars

[Refrain]
Listen to the choir sing
Are you with me?
Are you still here?

[bridge]
Your and your sweet melody
Lies over mine while singing Stevie Nicks
You were the bad boy behind the stage
Went out the door to get your fix
I gave myself to music
And through your music I gave myself to you
But now that you're not here, baby
I don't know what to do

[Chorus]
My mind's living in 1969
(Do you remember)?
(Do you remember?)

[Finale]
Don't let me forget
Baby, don't let me forget
Your fingers on my lips
And my arms around your hips
Bye, bye (x3)

Throwback to when a random person wrote ake lyrics for the song in under a day right before it released and they were lowkey better even if the meaning is way off

[interlude]And then you left meAlone in your galaxy, with nothing to console meBut the sound of your voice playing overAnd over again, on the radioAnd every time I hear you strike that chordEvery time I hear a bird singOr cross paths with a couple in loveI hope that you're still proud[Verse 1]You and your sweet harmonyTell me, is it true?That you're still out there, babyFingers brush across a stringReminds me of the way you used to singThat rhythm and blues[Refrain]Listen to the choir singCause baby, now the whole world's watching outWas it you? Was it really you?Are you with me?Are you still here?[Chorus]Now I'm dancing at Coachella butMy mind's living in 1969(Do you remember)?Got your fingers 'round my fingersIt's your memory that keeps me feeling fine(Do you remember?)So don't you dare leave WoodstockDon't wanna know that you're not hereNow I'm dancing at Coachell[/size]a b[/size]utI left my heart with you there[Verse 2]You and your vintage guitarTell me, is it true?Pretending that you're bigger than you areLooked at me with your gentle eyesAnd told me that you wished upon the stars[Refrain]Listen to the choir singCause baby, now the whole world's watching outWas it you? Was it really you?Are you with me?Are you still here?[bridge]Your and your sweet melodyLies over mine while singing Stevie NicksYou were the bad boy behind the stageWent out the door to get your fixI gave myself to musicAnd through your music I gave myself to youBut now that you're not here, babyI don't know what to do[Chorus]Now I'm dancing at Coachella butMy mind's living in 1969(Do you remember)?Got your fingers 'round my fingersIt's your memory that keeps me feeling fine(Do you remember?)[Finale]Don't let me forgetBaby, don't let me forgetYour fingers on my lipsAnd my arms around your hipsBye, bye (x3)

“Your and your sweet melody

Lies over mine while singing Stevie Nicks” Omg predicted God Bless America and Beautiful People

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

A song!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I'd trade it all for a stairway to heaven (A stairway) (A stairway)

I'd take my time for the climb up to the top of it (A stairway)

I'd trade the fame and the fortune and the legend (A stairway) (A stairway)

I'd give it all away / if you give me just one day / to ask Him one question

I'd give it all away / if you give me just one day / to ask Him one question

Got a million things I wanna say

Like what's it all for? Will it be okay?

Got a million things I wanna say

Like what's it all for?

does she have one question or a million things to say?

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Coachella is perfect and fuck the continuous haters (aka the stalkers)

​Thank Elizabeth the album did not come out as originally planned with 9 or 10 songs in January of last year, because we the people got a whole extra album with the best songs

​added to the record.

​Do people realize, she is not looking to ask "god" in the song?

​She is looking to ask the question of the little boys with their toys(aka weapons that make up for their shortcomings)

​and yes, I understand people not accepting Coachella, because Lana broke the 4th Wall in doing so and that scares people who only

​want the same thing over and over and over again

​Meanwhile, Coachella was the #1 song of 2017 and one of the single most important landmark songs of all time.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This song has become special to me and on my top list of favorite Lana songs. 

I was listening to the LFL album a lot during a time I went through a traumatic situation around the holidays. This song was one I was replaying the most. Her voice is simply beautiful and soothing in this track. The song mentions hard times, but still she sounds optimistic and peaceful. To me this song felt comforting, like it was reminding me "you'll be okay". Ugh, my confession sounds like some cheesy "music saved my life" kind of bs, but it was during a period where I was emotionally/physically hurt and some days it was hard to feel normal. I love Lana's music so much and this song was one that helped me put my mind at ease. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

This song has become special to me and on my top list of favorite Lana songs. 

I was listening to the LFL album a lot during a time I went through a traumatic situation around the holidays. This song was one I was replaying the most. Her voice is simply beautiful and soothing in this track. The song mentions hard times, but still she sounds optimistic and peaceful. To me this song felt comforting, like it was reminding me "you'll be okay". Ugh, my confession sounds like some cheesy "music saved my life" kind of bs, but it was during a period where I was emotionally/physically hurt and some days it was hard to feel normal. I love Lana's music so much and this song was one that helped me put my mind at ease. 

we stan Fullmoon wo Sagashite

image.png

[interlude]

And then you left me

Alone in your galaxy, with nothing to console me

But the sound of your voice playing over

And over again, on the radio

And every time I hear you strike that chord

Every time I hear a bird sing

Or cross paths with a couple in love

I hope that you're still proud

[Verse 1]

You and your sweet harmony

Tell me, is it true?

That you're still out there, baby

Fingers brush across a string

Reminds me of the way you used to sing

That rhythm and blues

[Refrain]

Listen to the choir sing

Are you with me?

Are you still here?

[Chorus]

My mind's living in 1969

(Do you remember)?

(Do you remember?)

So don't you dare leave Woodstock

Don't wanna know that you're not here

Now I'm dancing at Coachella but

I left my heart with you there

[Verse 2]

You and your vintage guitar

Tell me, is it true?

Pretending that you're bigger than you are

Looked at me with your gentle eyes

And told me that you wished upon the stars

[Refrain]

Listen to the choir sing

Are you with me?

Are you still here?

[bridge]

Your and your sweet melody

Lies over mine while singing Stevie Nicks

You were the bad boy behind the stage

Went out the door to get your fix

I gave myself to music

And through your music I gave myself to you

But now that you're not here, baby

I don't know what to do

[Chorus]

My mind's living in 1969

(Do you remember)?

(Do you remember?)

[Finale]

Don't let me forget

Baby, don't let me forget

Your fingers on my lips

And my arms around your hips

Bye, bye (x3)

@godsmonster

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.