So did anyone else notice that in the pre-chorus she used the melody from the scraped verse from the Lust for life Demo ? :oprah3:

The song is beautiful and fit so much in Chemtrails, lyric wise (I love how "We did it for free" mirror the For Free Cover), production wise, but also in term of vocal delivery. :xcry::wowcry::krylie:

She was right when she said she wasn't there yet.  She is there now ! :lanahairflip3:

What is compromising? Compromise for what? Compromising for what reason? A man comes into my life and I have to compromise? For what? For what? A relationship is a relationship that has to be earned!

I think there is nothing more beautiful in the world than falling in love. But falling in love for the right reasons, falling in love for the right purpose

Didn't Lana tweet this interview before? 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

12 minutes ago, WhiteHydrangea said:
Spoiler

What is compromising? Compromise for what? Compromising for what reason? A man comes into my life and I have to compromise? For what? For what? A relationship is a relationship that has to be earned!

I think there is nothing more beautiful in the world than falling in love. But falling in love for the right reasons, falling in love for the right purpose

Didn't Lana tweet this interview before? 

To answer my own question: Yes, she did. She tweeted a video with the same extract of the interview on June 7th (or June 8th, according to your timezone), 2013. The tweet however is no longer available (she deleted it, yikes haha). Since she was dating Barrie during the time she tweeted the interview, and Yosemite is supposed to be a sister track to The Next Best American Record, I suppose it's ok to say Yosemite is another Barrie track

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I just can't get over the fact that I feel like she sounds like a granny in the bridge, it gives me witchy vibes, but not the good kind, like she literally sounds like an old hag. 

I love the track though! 

8nl2OpX.png

On 11/25/2017 at 11:31 PM, Yosemite said:

This week I dreamt about Yosemite - yes, i'm getting THAT crazy - and it sounded like GBA and it had a verse like the fire went out or something about the candle being blown out.

However, I think Yosemite sounds like a mix of BAR and Love and it has like a really good orchestration and before it hits the chorus there's like a climax moment. 

What was I thinking back then? :whoopi:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

So... Does anyone know what "Burning at both ends" lyric mean? :makeup:

Excellent track btw

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Excellent track btw

what i got from that is: imagine a rope and you set fire to the start of it and the end of it. it burns until there is nothing left. 
i also just checked out now and here the meaning of "to burn the candle at the both ends": If you burn the candle at both ends, you try to do too many things in too short a period of time so that you have to stay up very late at night and get up very early in the morning to get them done.

i think 2nd ones fits the song but i like my interpretation too, idc:popcorn:

20 minutes ago, Loreen said:

Excellent track btw

Burning at both ends is like doing too much. You burn yourself out, you overdo it.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

i really love how it just fits so well with her other art, we heard change and get free and then mac, which was about being stable enough for being there to other people and then her poetry and now we have finally arrived with her in yosemite and it is just so fucking beautiful. :crying4::crying4:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Guys, please tell me I'm not the only one hearing what it sounds like the auto-tuned loon sound effect from Emile Haynie in some parts of the song? I know he's not involved but it sounds very similar. I hear it at 1:47 and 2:18. Mostly always after the lyric "the right reasons".

2 minutes ago, americangothic said:

Guys, please tell me I'm not the only one hearing what it sounds like the auto-tuned loon sound effect from Emile Haynie in some parts of the song? I know he's not involved but it sounds very similar. I hear it at 1:47 and 2:18. Mostly always after the lyric "the right reasons".

ive said it in a different tweet but imma put it here as well - its a sound effect rick used on several other songs off lfl like White Mustang etc, but its not the autotuned loon.

OT

this song is so beautiful and its just getting better with each listen... it feels like its only 2 mins long :crai: way too short

image.png

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

ive said it in a different tweet but imma put it here as well - its a sound effect rick used on several other songs off lfl like White Mustang etc, but its not the autotuned loon.

OT

this song is so beautiful and its just getting better with each listen... it feels like its only 2 mins long :crai: way too short

Ikr? It sounds almost as if they wanted to emulate the autotuned loon. It's a very Lana sounding effect, at the end of the day.

12 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

OT

Ikr! But it’s actually a 5 min long ass song and I just LOVE IT! The way it flows and also it’s so impeccably authentic :crying2: