Sign in to follow this  
latothemoon

BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend - May 27, 2017

I was one of those who bitched around about professional live performances. Well after these two performances I have to reconsider it. I have to resign to the fact that Lana is a studio singer, she obviously doesn't enjoy these performances, they became stalled, she wears the same outfits and they play the same videos behind her over and over again. She clearly didn't upped her live game enough and after almost 5 years of touring talking about nerves is just a lame excuse anymore. She was beautiful but her heart wasn't in it, she ran of the stage as she never wanted to be there in the first place. She has glimpses of magic during her shows and the fans usually capture them and frankly never gets better than those

DA2vMYnXUAAPHpH.jpgI'm uploading to my google drive xx

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

:oprah3: queen of casual comfort.. y'all have to face the fact that our queen is highly pedestrian at this point. Singing is her part time job and part time passion. She doesn't have the same drive or muse that she used to.. I think she feels she has already accomplished her dream and now she just wants to casually enjoy her life. What she does do, she does for us.. she doesn't need the money, she does it because she does enjoy singing and the music, and she cares for us.. sure its not as big of a thing as it used to be (circa 2013 LOL) but hey..  she's giving us more than she did  in the HM era! 

i know its a little hard to see someone you've fallen in love with change so vastly but no need to be rude :oprah:

why did she sang like SH¡T?? I've been wanting to hear CW and OTTR live on HQ and everything was fucked up :(

she sang decently tbh.. it was an okay performance considering she probably chain smoked all morning, and didn't warm up her voice lol 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

she's giving us more than she did  in the HM era! 

i know its a little hard to see someone you've fallen in love with change so vastly but no need to be rude :oprah:

omg, thank youuuuuuu! :flutter:

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

It's such a shame she was drowned out so often but it's also sad that she can't manage these kind of situations at all. Instead of singing louder it seemed like she just started to whisper. Whatever, I'm excited for Cherry.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Maybe I'm in the minority with this opinion, but this show wasn't really my thing  :(

Lana looked gorgeous, but in my opinion, she seemed distracted/bored with the material, and didn't seem as warm and open as she has lately. I'm sure the mic problems weren't helping at all, but I am just a little bit underwhelmed. 

:crossed:

I think she was annoyed/nervous because of her mic while she was trying to keep up with her vocals. I hope this doesn't scare her of doing any other live stream  :ohno:  

8nl2OpX.png

It's such a shame she was drowned out so often but it's also sad that she can't manage these kind of situations at all. Instead of singing louder it seemed like she just started to whisper. Whatever, I'm excited for Cherry.

i honestly feel like it was just the stream that had the vocal issue, I'm guessing it sounded fine in the venue itself.. but either way if the vocals were up on her monitor she may not have even noticed what the venues speakers sounded like

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I was quite shocked at how short the set was, but at least she played Cherry again  :flutter: Although I noticed the instruments did drown out her vocals slightly, I don't know if that's intentional? But I would like to hear her voice a little louder next time

I hope in the future once L4L is released there is more variation in her set list too - like swapping her regulars like Cruel World for another UV song perhaps.. but I still thought her voice was great and her outfit too  :)

I think she looked great. Her voice was good and she seemed nervously comfortable if that's possible. Remember Lana at heart is a singer, a songwriter and creative spirit not a performer. Not everyone was born to be on stage and "entertain" with or without dancers choreography etc. This is not a put down on Lana at all. I love to see her live because as a fan because I like her vulnerability and the way her fans react to someone who isn't "performing". Just reacting to someone they love. I still wish she would not do festivals but I guess that is my issue. I think the photos of her on stage were great. Performer or not she really is a star!!!!!!!!!!!