Jim Morrison

Qveen Herby (Amy Noonan from Karmin)

I used to love Karmin but I haven't been keeping up with their latest projects. 

So... is this a solo project with just Amy? Why the name change? 

Do you have a link to the EP... I'd love to hear it!

EDIT: Just realized the date in the video and it's not out yet lol.

Have any of the songs been released yet?

None of the songs are out yet. It's kinda like a rebrand of Karmin I think as Nick produced the EP. Also apparently they are wanting to release a few EPs this year 

FzytWEW.png

she posted a full EP on her website for a day and then removed it, all the songs are really good except Busta Rhymes... Wild & Gucci are my favorite... It's honestly their best work, at least for me 'cause I love urban music

i used to adore Karmin, like really, they were so fucking amazing... but now i dont know what to do with this "qveen herby" stuff.. it seems like they think they were not enough as a team, and thought a solo-female artist can be more succesfull.. but it's just me tho

Lights x Halcyon x Delirium | instagram: kndrptr | twitter: @kndrptr

None of the songs are out yet. It's kinda like a rebrand of Karmin I think as Nick produced the EP. Also apparently they are wanting to release a few EPs this year 

she posted a full EP on her website for a day and then removed it, all the songs are really good except Busta Rhymes... Wild & Gucci are my favorite... It's honestly their best work, at least for me 'cause I love urban music

i used to adore Karmin, like really, they were so fucking amazing... but now i dont know what to do with this "qveen herby" stuff.. it seems like they think they were not enough as a team, and thought a solo-female artist can be more succesfull.. but it's just me tho

Ok, thanks everyone for your replies... it all makes sense to me now.

I just absolutely HATE when artists change their names after years of having them. It bothers me so much, especially since it messes up my last.fm scrobbles, but whatever... I'm probably just going to re-name all this Qveen Herby stuff back under "Karmin" because I'm so extra like that  :toofunny:

Also, their career is low-key a total mess. From posting YouTube covers to having relatively big hits like "Acapella" and "I Want It All" to getting kicked off their label to spending years writing their next album that had the ugliest cover art I've ever seen to now changing their entire fucking name... idk it's just so messy in my opinion.

I'll definitely give the EP a go though, since the previews I just listened to sounded quite promising.

I don't know if you'd be willing but I'd love a link! if not it'll be out in 2 days lol

~

I'm not sure how much I like Qveen Herby... Nick going behind the scenes is fine, he virtually was always there anyway. But R&B?... I hope it's good but I'm not holding my breath

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.

She changed her name because she wants to "Rebrand" herself in the rnb and rap lane. Which is stupid in my opinion. She was already rappin, she could have just taken herself in that direction.

ughh an hour and I'll listen to these bops again! Guys they did rebrand themselves because production is very urban now, it's not like an early disney shit type of music they did before, It still has a touch of Karmin sound tho but it's much better... I never liked them before but this EP is awesome

I heard a radio interview with Amy a few months promoting Qveen Herby and they played the snippet for Gucci which I thought was trash and I'm still not completely convinced by this rebranding thing, the Love Myself chorus is a bop but idk if Amy's flow is interesting enough to hold up these minimalistic trap beats