Elle

White Mustang

This song had great potential but the length ruined it for me

in a sea of 5+ minute long tracks, listening to a Lana song under 3 minutes is kind of nice IMO

one of the things i like about white mustang is how it's short because i keep finding myself replaying it

i think it flows really well melodically. the immediate transition from 1st chorus to 2nd verse is so smooth :flutter: 

the song has a nice rhythm & doesn't drag on too long

also, despite being under 3 minutes - white mustang does have a beginning, middle, & end :cuteface:

14417469274.gif

I'm probs reaching but the whole presence of this songs reminds me so much of the born to die video. There's a white mustang in it and at the end you see that she died. At the end of WM she's says 'you're gonna hit me like lightning", so in the video did he hit with the car orrr? I definitely sense some connection

I'm probs reaching but the whole presence of this songs reminds me so much of the born to die video. There's a white mustang in it and at the end you see that she died. At the end of WM she's says 'you're gonna hit me like lightning", so in the video did he hit with the car orrr? I definitely sense some connection

That lines means the dick is really big

This song will never not be about dick

Yeah I really do think it is about that.

She sings about sending videos of her undressing in filters and in response she sees "your white mustang" lol it really has to be about that

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Does anyone have a interpretation for the armageddon part?

"I've been acting like armaggeddon" Armaggedon means conflict or a battle were something is destroyed, so she's been acting in a conflictive way (maybe also having this conflict inside of her head), because the guy held her just a little too tight in his arms, which made her think that the relationship was something serious and good, but in reality it wasn't. At least that's how I've been taking this line since the song was leaked released.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

"I've been acting like armaggeddon" Armaggedon means conflict or a battle were something is destroyed, so she's been acting in a conflictive way (maybe also having this conflict inside of her head), because the guy held her just a little too tight in his arms, which made her think that the relationship was something serious and good, but in reality it wasn't. At least that's how I've been taking this line since the song was leaked released.

Yes, that’s one the thoughts I had, too! Another possibility might be that it’s a metaphor to express how she felt when he held her. It ignited a fire inside of her.

Does anyone have a interpretation for the armageddon part?

I think she's saying she's been acting "like the world is ending", overthinking and having heightened emotions about the relationship. 

I would love to read your line by line interpretation of it :teehee:

"White Mustang" Lyrics Examination: Read Between the Lines.

Presented by @Lad .

Packin' all my things for the summer

In the opening line of the song, Del Rey describes a scenario. She's going on vacation somewhere (not specified in the track). Presumably, the sultry singer is packing stuff like condoms and lube.

Lyin' on my bed, it's a bummer

'Cause I didn't call when I got your number

But I liked you a lot

The New York native songwriter explicitly lets us know she's bummed out she didn't hit up one of her (possibly) one-night stands again, because she "liked [him] a lot". Now, this is where things get interesting. Lana (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) mentions lying on her bed, alluding to the fact that she got dicked down at that same place, remembering how good that dick was, and getting sad she is most likely not getting it again because she did not call him when she got his number.

Slippin' on my dress in soft filters

Most likely, Del Rey (aged 32) got around to sexting that guy, possibly on Instagram Direct (mentions of filters).

Everybody said you're a killer

Lanas has heard around that the guy had a killer dick. She still proceeded to perform intercourse with the subject.

But I couldn't stop the way I was feelin'

The day your record dropped

Again, the "Cola" singer points out how even though she knew what to expect (see previous line), the feeling and desire was bigger.

The day I saw your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Perhaps the easiest lyrics to understand, Lana uses the word "mustang" as an euphemism for "big dick". You may be asking yourself how I came to that conclusion, and how did Lana got around to think of such a perfect way to hide the real meaning of this piece? Well, a mustang is a horse breed. Horses have big dicks.

Caught up in my dreams and forgettin'

I've been actin' like armageddon 'cause you

Held me in your arms just a little too tight

That's what I thought

These lines may allude to the singer (pictured above) getting kind of a mad feeling with the guy's dick size, thus acting like the armageddon (the term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario) because the dick was so big it made things "a little too tight" for the singer.

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Summer's meant for lovin' and leavin'

I was such a fool for believin' that you

Could change all the ways you've been livin'

But you just couldn't stop

Del Rey suspected the guy was a douchebag, and thought maybe she could make him change, but realized that wasn't gonna be possible. This same theme will be touched later on on the track.

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Already explained.

You're revvin' and revvin' and revvin' it up

He was getting hard.

And the sound, it was frightenin'

Del Rey (aged 32) started to realize how big the dick was, and how that was gonna be perhaps a risky experience.

And you were gettin' up all of that

Pretty self-explanatory. The "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" chanteuse wasn't subtle in this line. She's been subtle enough in the rest of the song.

You're gonna hit me like lightnin'

Do I have to explain this one?

White Mustang

Your white Mustang

Said you're a wild mustang

Now, keeping in mind "mustang" = "big dick", Lana Del Rey finishes the song pointing out that when she saw his white big dick, she got around to think and realize that the guy was a fucking prick. An idiot. A dick. So he ain't worth her time. This empowering final line confirms that Lana wasn't wrong when she didn't hit up the guy again (see first verse). He just had a big dick, but nothing else. Keep in mind she mentioned how this song, and the one preceding it in the tracklist ("Cherry") had an angry tone. As a conclusion, yes she's angry the guy turned out to be utter trash, but it still was a good fuck,

i hope you all know im not serious, but the song IS about this though that's just a fact. :oprah3:

Presented by @Lad .

In the opening line of the song, Del Rey describes a scenario. She's going on vacation somewhere (not specified in the track). Presumably, the sultry singer is packing stuff like condoms and lube.

But I liked you a lot

The New York native songwriter explicitly lets us know she's bummed out she didn't hit up one of her (possibly) one-night stands again, because she "liked [him] a lot". Now, this is where things get interesting. Lana (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) mentions lying on her bed, alluding to the fact that she got dicked down at that same place, remembering how good that dick was, and getting sad she is most likely not getting it again because she did not call him when she got his number.

Most likely, Del Rey (aged 32) got around to sexting that guy, possibly on Instagram Direct (mentions of filters).

Lanas has heard around that the guy had a killer dick. She still proceeded to perform intercourse with the subject.

Again, the "Cola" singer points out how even though she knew what to expect (see previous line), the feeling and desire was bigger.

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Perhaps the easiest lyrics to understand, Lana uses the word "mustang" as an euphemism for "big dick". You may be asking yourself how I came to that conclusion, and how did Lana got around to think of such a perfect way to hide the real meaning of this piece? Well, a mustang is a horse breed. Horses have big dicks.

That's what I thought

These lines may allude to the singer (pictured above) getting kind of a mad feeling with the guy's dick size, thus acting like the armageddon (the term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario) because the dick was so big it made things "a little too tight" for the singer.

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Del Rey suspected the guy was a douchebag, and thought maybe she could make him change, but realized that wasn't gonna be possible. This same theme will be touched later on on the track.

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Already explained.

He was getting hard.

Del Rey (aged 32) started to realize how big the dick was, and how that was gonna be perhaps a risky experience.

Pretty self-explanatory. The "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" chanteuse wasn't subtle in this line. She's been subtle enough in the rest of the song.

White Mustang

Your white Mustang

Now, keeping in mind "mustang" = "big dick", Lana Del Rey finishes the song pointing out that when she saw his white big dick, she got around to think and realize that the guy was a fucking prick. An idiot. A dick. So he ain't worth her time. This empowering final line confirms that Lana wasn't wrong when she didn't hit up the guy again (see first verse). He just had a big dick, but nothing else. Keep in mind she mentioned how this song, and the one preceding it in the tracklist ("Cherry") had an angry tone. As a conclusion, yes she's angry the guy turned out to be utter trash, but it still was a good fuck,

i hope you all know im not serious, but the song IS about this though that's just a fact. :oprah3:

I'M SCREAMING :rip: :rip: :rip:

I don't know if I should blush or laugh at this, omg, the best thing I've read in a long time! :eartha:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Presented by @Lad .

But I liked you a lot

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

That's what I thought

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Already explained.

He was getting hard.

White Mustang

Your white Mustang

OMG I love you

And it makes sense with In My Feelings too, because it'sl ike G-eazy was a good fuck but besides that he was a loser

Fantastic interpretation, now I love the song even more