Elle

White Mustang

21 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

white mustang sounds like “why... am i staying?” think of that when she sings that part especially the second time in the chorus. 

so like “your white mustang, why am i staying?” apparently someone said it on genius and i can’t unhear it now lol

damn! okay thanks lemme listen  

1 minute ago, 99centlips said:

damn! okay thanks lemme listen  

it’s interesting bc the song says “summers meant for love and i’m leavin’” but then the “why am i staying” thing kind of makes it a little... deeper? idk. it makes me see this song differently now

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

it’s interesting bc the song says “summers meant for love and i’m leavin’” but then the “why am i staying” thing kind of makes it a little... deeper? idk. it makes me see this song differently now

i definitely hear it! do you think it’s intentional? but i agree that one of the repetitions in the second chorus sounds like it a lot! 

what if that was the original chorus and she changed it? hmm ? 

16 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

i definitely hear it! do you think it’s intentional? but i agree that one of the repetitions in the second chorus sounds like it a lot! 

what if that was the original chorus and she changed it? hmm ? 

it really could be both! i think it’s definitely intentional, just going with the context on the other lyrics and even the context of the video. which doesn’t mean it’s 100% true, she’s never said it from what i know, but i think it definitely holds some meaning to it. knowing it’s a thing makes me like the song a whole lot more

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Reminder that Cat Power's cover of White Mustang will be released this Friday

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/423133-cat-power-covers.php

There're already some reviews

Loud And Quiet (https://www.loudandquiet.com/reviews/cat-power-covers/)

The cover of Lana Del Rey’s ‘White Mustang’ came about similarly during a European tour with Lana alongside bassist and longtime collaborator Erik Paparazzi. “He started playing ‘New York, New York,’ I just started singing ‘White Mustang’ over it, and I said to him, ‘Let’s keep this and do it on the tour,’” she recalls. Eventually, Marshall gathered Paparazzi and a supporting band in the studio to record what would become Covers in a series of loose, off-the-cuff sessions produced by Marshall herself.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, bluechemtrails said:

The song will be covered by Cat Power on her next album:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/10/cat-power-frank-ocean-bad-religion-covers-album.html

ITS SO GOOD :trisha:

It's like if 2007 Lizzy did a alternative rock version :trisha: