Elle

Change

wow I'm excited! I wish she would just stop teasing so much though, we're gonna have 20 lots of 10 second snippets soon  :toofunny:

i think that's her end game lol! 

Some of the best LFL lyrics yet!

I may be reaching a little hard but the song definitely feels like it fits in with the whole "social awareness" theme. Taken literally the first part reminds me of the whole Flint water scandal and environmental pollution in general. I like the "something in the water" line as Lana's way to somehow justify the inexplicable political and social upheaval in recent years. In some ways it does feel like society is turning "sour" and "bitter." Then with the whole "its in my blood" line is Lana recognising how recent events have changed her (and not necessarily in a positive way). The second part addresses how Lana has struggled with an apathetical outlook on the world's issues and also challenges the rest of society who don't "give a damn."

Inb4 its a mopey love song where she pines over some druggie  :toofunny: .

Some of the best LFL lyrics yet!

I may be reaching a little hard but the song definitely feels like it fits in with the whole "social awareness" theme. Taken literally the first part reminds me of the whole Flint water scandal and environmental pollution in general. I like the "something in the water" line as Lana's way to somehow justify the inexplicable political and social upheaval in recent years. In some ways it does feel like society is turning "sour" and "bitter." Then with the whole "its in my blood" line is Lana recognising how recent events have changed her (and not necessarily in a positive way). The second part addresses how Lana has struggled with an apathetical outlook on the world's issues and also challenges the rest of society who don't "give a damn."

Inb4 its a mopey love song where she pines over some druggie  :toofunny: .

I thought of the Flint situation too! Could be wrong, but Flint was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the lyrics

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

call me stupid but after listening to it several times over I'm hearing heavy fine china in the song, idk if it's the melody or tone of voice im not sure but it is heavily reminiscent to FC for me

Ok, from the lyrics we've heard so far, I think it'll sound something like:

There's something in the wind

I can feel it blowing in

It's coming in softly

On the wings of a bomb

There's something in the wind
I can feel it blowing in
It's coming in hotly

And it's coming in strong

Changes are powerful things

People are powerful beings

Trying to find the power in me

To be faithful

There's something in the water

I can taste it turning sour

It's bitter

I'm coughing

But now it's in my blood

Lately I've been thinking it's just someone else's job to care

Who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn?

I've been thinking...

Changes are powerful things

People are powerful beings

Trying to find the power in me

To be faithful

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png