LOVE

Your First Unreleased Lana Song / How You Discovered Lana Had Unreleased Music

Around the very same time I discovered her in general.

When VG was released to german radio stations, I was extremely impressed an intrigued. The first songs I found on YT when looking her up were Lolita (the orchestral demo version) and Kinda Outta Luck (which was actually used in a TV commercial of a big german tv-station back then).

It did not take long to find AKA (even back then it was mentioned in almost every article talking about her rise to fame), and I think that I also regularly listened to the Diet Mountain Dew demo, You Can Be The Boss and She's Not Me before BtD dropped.

Other unreleased tracks that had a firm place on my MP3-player during my early fandom days were Put The Radio On, Hundred Dollar Bill and Heavy Hitter, all of which still reside among my favourite Lana unreleased

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

the october 14, 2012 leaks were the first ones i listened to where i guess i became aware that most of lana's music was unreleased (at the time/still is lol), but back whenever i heard video games for the first time, i do remember youtube recommending me tracks off AKA and No Kung Fu :flutter:

i didn't really differentiate between released and unreleased songs until then, anyway

prior to becoming a lifetime reycist i was a full-time gaga stan though, so the idea that an artist could have unreleased material that would leak, wasn't new to me - but the sheer magnitude of songs we've gotten over the years will never not shock me lmao 

rihKQ8M.gif

i was in middle school when i was listening to a lot of her unreleased on tumblr

then i re-discovered a lot of her stuff on tik tok years later

the circle of sad girl social media life

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

There was a compilation album on Youtube called 'Young and Beautiful', which from memory was a mixture of released and unreleased songs. I listened to that every day for a week or two, and then discovered that you could actually download them in better quality. There was also a fake record on Youtube called 'Die For Me' that I think was even sold on ebay for a bit.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I'm gonna go with You Can Be the Boss. My specific memory of it is from that music video with the cuts from her head singing to that weird violent cartoon of a guy evading being shot up and shooting, while dragging that mostly naked woman around. I wasn't much into the cartoon but wanted to stick around to know who the artist was. Here's the funny part: this was not a youtube memory but more like watching an MTV "college video" show on cable, and the artist was monickered at the end as Lizzy Grant! Still not sure if this is just an historical confabulation, but it is possibly my first memory of her (as not her), and I must say it's pretty next-level having a suppressed debut Album, whose title suggests the artist has just decided to change her name, which is the only thing that suggests (other than the perception of having a memory), that my memory might be actual.

A Star for Nick would be a close second, and that's from youtube videos citing "release" of the song to some college radio stations (while playing the song of course). I was impressed at the time that it was from the same artist as the one from Born to Die, which I think was just released at that time.

diet mtn dew

i remember being obsessed with her instantly when video games dropped in late 2011 and wanting more lana. i don’t think she had any other officially released songs at the time except for a few songs on her youtube. can’t believe how long ago that was now!

i think it had to be serial killer…specifically this video too 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

queen of disaster and it remains (and will always remain ig) one of my favorites

c8ac4cfed8d3f248e77fb915f16d11bceaec719a

i can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul

handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls

Serial Killer. I remember listening to it at the bus stop in 8th grade over, and over, and over again. It's still one of my favorites and it will always have a special place in my heart despite it being one of the more popular unreleased(s). :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

It was My Best Days, A Star for Nick, or Queen of Disaster. Pretty sure when I started watching her music videos her unreleased stuff started getting recommended to me. I had made a YouTube playlist so I could "collect" all of the songs not knowing how many there actually were. But those were the first 3 in the playlist! I just checked the playlist actually and there are only 8 uploads left :toofunny: There's a notice at the top that says "30 unavailable videos are hidden"

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Does anyone remember the fan made record 'Young and Beautiful' on Youtube? I feel like that was my first real exposure to unreleased (even though it mixed in a few released, non album songs), and I'd love to see a tracklist again.

Anyway, I think the first unreleased song I came across was Driving in Cars With Boys, which I remain obsessed with, and, if it counts, Kinda Out of Luck.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png