LOVE

Your First Unreleased Lana Song / How You Discovered Lana Had Unreleased Music

what was the first unreleased Lana song you ever heard?

mine was 1949, back in early 2015. i came across it on youtube and was SHOOK that it was lana. keep in mind i didn't know lizzy grant or may jailer even existed yet. i sent it to my then lana-guru friend who said "it's cute. sounds like lizzy grant" and mentally i went "whomst'd've?". to not look like an idiot i googled her and i was SHOOK x2 and replied nonchalantly "yeah, but i'd love if she rerecorded it" (note: this was before i even knew paradise yayo was a revamped AKA yayo. so at least it seemed realistic to said friend)

:eek:

right after that i listened to axl rose husband, and i think serial killer. axl rose husband is still in my top 10 unreleased, but 1949 holds fond memories of that summer for me, depsite it being knocked past #10 by other unreleased tracks :sadcore2:

i'm so grateful for it though, i would've never gotten as into lana had i not found it! at that point i was still just casual BTD scum with some UV faves, and i probably would have forgotten about lana if i didn't discover her massive unreleased discography. it keeps things very interesting, and i'm also so grateful that it all led me to this community  :flutter:

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Diet Mountain Dew because when it leaked it the album hadn't been released yet :hooker: (the first demo we got actually made me like Lana)

og king/queen!

Queen of Disaster. I was watching SoC (which was also my first Lana song I think) and it came up on the recommendations <3

damn you jumped right into the lana spiral quick

I think my first ones were Backfire (however I actually deleted it because the sound quality was so poor and I then rediscovered it in HQ at some point) and Serial Killer.

I also remember bopping to Kinda Outta Luck, Live Or Die and Push Me Down way before I actually started to dig deeper and tried to get all unreleased songs haha.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'm pretty sure it was Black Beauty and it was this exact video  :defeated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjWFFrHMBQ

Gurl same. I was S.H.O.O.K. I was a freshman in college and I was playing it for everyone. I had no idea it was meant for an upcoming album.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I've said this on LB before, but I was a Lana hater until I heard Disco (my first unreleased Lana song). After that, I knew there was more to her than meets the eye. BTD (the song and mv) seemed so superficial to me that I was outraged to know this song could be so popular. Her unreleased songs definitely redeemed her for me. I've grown to love BTD, but I still think the music video is superficial  :oic2:

(also I loved OTTR when I first heard it, but that didn't get me hooked)

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Serial Killer for sure; I wasn't really that into Lana at the time (I only liked 4 or 5 songs and had only heard like 10 lol how the times have changed) and a friend linked me the song asking if I've heard it and that its great, I loved it at the time but it's not that good to me anymore since I've dived much further into her discography.

te deseo, cariño

I MAY BE COMPLETELY WRONG HERE AND A BIT DELULU but I'm 99% sure that the Swedish radio stations played Queen of Disaster a whole summer on repeat all days long, and I liked it - a cute song about love with a fun beat. The radio stations almost made me sick of it though, they played it so often.

I had no idea that it was Lana back then, I wasn't interested in her songs yet (I bet I hadn't even heard her name yet) and can you imagine how surprised I was when I found out some time later that my favorite artist Lana Del Rey was that singer they played all summer??

And I suppose the radio stations found out that it's unreleased because they haven't played it since. I guess someone just found it online and then played it on the radio one summer, lol. Ah, the royalties she could've gotten..!

Is there someone else who's Swedish and can confirm this? Because... I'm pretty sure I heard Queen of Disaster that summer! Or am I having made up memories??

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png