LOVE

Your First Unreleased Lana Song / How You Discovered Lana Had Unreleased Music

I MAY BE COMPLETELY WRONG HERE AND A BIT DELULU but I'm 99% sure that the Swedish radio stations played Queen of Disaster a whole summer on repeat all days long, and I liked it - a cute song about love with a fun beat. The radio stations almost made me sick of it though, they played it so often.

I had no idea that it was Lana back then, I wasn't interested in her songs yet (I bet I hadn't even heard her name yet) and can you imagine how surprised I was when I found out some time later that my favorite artist Lana Del Rey was that singer they played all summer??

And I suppose the radio stations found out that it's unreleased because they haven't played it since. I guess someone just found it online and then played it on the radio one summer, lol. Ah, the royalties she could've gotten..!

Is there someone else who's Swedish and can confirm this? Because... I'm pretty sure I heard Queen of Disaster that summer! Or am I having made up memories??

this shook me to my core

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

OTTR was the only Lana song I knew for quite a while, and I heard it right after the album was released. Then, my memory is kind of hazy as to what I heard next, but I know it was one of the unreleased-- Kill Kill was definitely the next Lana song I heard, but if you don't count that as unreleased, Get Drunk may have been next (I remember hearing it around 2012, which is when it leaked-- I have no idea how I even found it). If it wasn't Get Drunk, it was Trash Magic, and for whatever reason, it took me a couple years to ever listen to anything else of Lana's :creep:

o4qjp4j.png

Mine was "Dum Dum"

Once you've had something

Something so beautiful

You’ll never be the same

Once you've had a taste of heaven my way

You’ll be forever changed

It's basically Lana foreshadowing the fact that once you listen to her songs you'll get so addicted to her special flavour of heaven that you won't be the same person you were before you heard her.

ONCE YOU GO LANA, YOU ARE BOUND TO GO BANANAS

I remember listening to this song thinking how blessed I was to listen to this angel singing!!

Oh and her vocals in the chorus are soooo heavenly :flutter:

Mine was "Dum Dum"

Once you've had something

Something so beautiful

You’ll never be the same

Once you've had a taste of heaven my way

You’ll be forever changed

It's basically Lana foreshadowing the fact that once you listen to her songs you'll get so addicted to her special flavour of heaven that you won't be the same person you were before you heard her.

ONCE YOU GO LANA, YOU ARE BOUND TO GO BANANAS

I remember listening to this song thinking how blessed I was to listen to this angel singing!!

Oh and her vocals in the chorus are soooo heavenly :flutter:

dum dum is iconic and beautiful. i heard it for the first time in february :toofunny: but its been on my top 10 unreleased ever since

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆