It’s a game, boy, I don’t wanna play
I just wanna be yours, like I always say
Never let me go

Boy, we’re in a world war, let’s go all the way
Put your foot to the floor, really walk away
Tell me that you need me more and more everyday
Never let me go, just stay

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

The line about 'would you be mine' was stuck in my head yesterday, and I couldn't place it...

And then I rediscovered this song! :)

Actually, that's the first line of "Lolita". The line here is "Can you be mine?"

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Firstly, I'll start off saying that I absolutely love Never Let Me Go. I always mentally group this song with 'On Our Way' for some reason - mainly because both really show off her gorgeous voice, have strikingly cheesy country song sounding titles (reminiscent of Taylor Swift, but don't kill me) and are both an unusual type of song for Lana to sing, especially in her unreleased list.I think they're absolutely amazing, but sound very polished and, dare I say, mainstream (for alternative music) to be unreleased, if you know what I mean? They're just so smooth and her voice is so velvety, compared to, say, Velvet Crowbar, where she sounds passionately desperate and pleading, Tired of Singing the Blues, where she goes a bit all over the place (but I love it) and Every Man Gets His Wish.

In my examples, which are my favourites, Lana's voice is perfect but really varies and for ex., in EMGHW and in Motel 6, you can hear Lana laughing while she sings, maybe smiling at the absurdity of the scene in Motel 6 (for the latter). She really gives you a full, flirtatious image. That's why I love her unreleased music, but it is relatively unrefined in a charming way.  Whilst it's not mainstream at all, Never Let Me Go just seems so polished. I can't think of a better word, but it doesn't match her other music. Some of Lana's best unreleased songs are often a little 'trippy', 'sensual' or so alternative and daring/taboo that you can't imagine them on an album.

I think NLMG just really stands out for me because it's so smooth and.. practised? I don't want to come across as a hater because I adore Lana's less technically flawless sounding music, and it's all relative, because she's so fantastic. I just feel like it could have gone onto an album but was probably not dark enough/image inducing enough, or maybe the timing was wrong? 

I just feel like it could have gone onto an album but was probably not dark enough/image inducing enough, or maybe the timing was wrong?

It can go onto her album (I suppose that Lana, being such a sucessfull singer, will continue her career) in the future, you never know.

And the wind I know it’s cold

Whilst it's not mainstream at all, Never Let Me Go just seems so polished. I can't think of a better word, but it doesn't match her other music. Some of Lana's best unreleased songs are often a little 'trippy', 'sensual' or so alternative and daring/taboo that you can't imagine them on an album.

I think NLMG just really stands out for me because it's so smooth and.. practised? I don't want to come across as a hater because I adore Lana's less technically flawless sounding music, and it's all relative, because she's so fantastic. I just feel like it could have gone onto an album but was probably not dark enough/image inducing enough, or maybe the timing was wrong? 

It could be because she was really feeling this one. We all know how the quality of her performances, how she sings, greatly depends on the mood she is in, she always says "it depends on the day". I'm sure she really felt this song, it fits her personality so much. Even though she says Video Games is her in a song, this could also be...just the more vulnerable, more loving part of her. (instead of the Dark Queen Lana is :godlaugh:)

Firstly, I'll start off saying that I absolutely love Never Let Me Go. I always mentally group this song with 'On Our Way' for some reason

I always associate these two together as well! :oprah:

This song really is great. One of the first unreleased songs I ever heard by her.

It could be because she was really feeling this one. We all know how the quality of her performances, how she sings, greatly depends on the mood she is in, she always says "it depends on the day". I'm sure she really felt this song, it fits her personality so much. Even though she says Video Games is her in a song, this could also be...just the more vulnerable, more loving part of her. (instead of the Dark Queen Lana is :godlaugh:)

I naively believe she feels all her songs in some way. But yeah, it surely depends on her mood. If she's literally depressed, it must be hard for her to make anything of good quality, and many Lana songs are sad. This one is rather happy as it describes a relationship with someone trustwothy and truly loving her.

I naively believe she feels all her songs in some way. But yeah, it surely depends on her mood. If she's literally depressed, it must be hard for her to make anything of good quality, and many Lana songs are sad. This one is rather happy as it describes a relationship with someone trustwothy and truly loving her.

Probably :)

She said she only writes when she is happy ;)

I think this song is in Lana's case something like "Remember" in Emilie Autumn's and "Peut-être toi" in Mylène Farmer's. Something that describes the relationship with a beloved person, after the singer has gone through the mischief of her life. My point is, I mean, that although there many many love songs and that's obviously the most popular topic, the songs I mentioned are kinda outstanding. They're just touching to me.