Pocket Gay

Willow Smith

rz3KZvW.png

Surprised there's no thread of hers on here so I thought I'd make one myself and get y'all into her amazing music.

Willow Camille Reign Smith (born October 31, 2000 in Los Angeles, United States) is an American child actress and singer who is the daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. She made her acting debut in 2007 in the film I Am Legend, and was most successful in the film Kit Kittredge: An American Girl where she won the Young artist award for Best Performance in a Feature Film. Apart from her acting she launched a music career in the fall of 2010 with the release of her debut single “Whip My Hair” and signing to Jay-Z’s record label Roc Nation. She will now look to release an album sometime in early 2011.

This girl is immensely talented and really out there in terms of delivering such versatility with the music she's been putting out. Definitely check out her YouTube channel as she's been putting out stuff on there as well as her SoundCloud. You can also find more stuff on this fan YouTube channel as well which has all of her latest sounds. So far she's released 3 official albums/EP's; 3, Ardipithecus, and Mellifiluous. Get into her y'all!

I'm completely hooked on Wait a Minute. It has such a nostalgic sound that reminds me of early to mid 2010s indie music. Then I found out it was recorded in 2015 which makes sense. Reminds me of late middle school/early high school hangouts in apartment complexes, drinking cheap beer or wine, vibrant color lipsticks, shitty contour and shitty wing liners, wannabe tumblr girl outfits:eartha2:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Can't believe I've never seen this thread here. Her new sound is everything. I'm obsessed with Breakout. Gaslight, Grow and Transparent Soul are my next favs. Nothing else from the album has stuck but it doesn't matter, I'm still on a high from those songs.