Just Cherry

Lizzy Grant/May jailer Old Myspace. (New Information)

:troll:

Is it possible to contact that guy?

I saw your post before you edited it. Please refrain from trolling. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Yes, I've e-mailed Sean from Nefarious Bovine Radio. He played "Money Hunny" because I asked him to. However, he never responded to any of my follow-up e-mails.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I saw your post before you edited it. Please refrain from trolling. It's a waste of everyone's time.

I wasn't trolling, sorry is that's what it looked like! The date said 2008, but it wasn't (I kept listening to the podcast and he said something about the Paradise EP) and I edited it to avoid confusion ^_^ Maybe using that emoticon wasn't the best choice :blush:

:derpna2:

You know, not a lot of the track titles from Sirens are obvious (Westbound? What the hell could that actually be called?), but I thought "Next to Me" in particular was likely the real name because it's chorus is so obvious. But now it might be "River Road", so she could have called the remainder of the tracks ANYTHING.

Also, based on the earliest MySpace pages, she was in Alabama in 2006.

Where did you see 2006? At least through December 17, 2007, she always listed New York-area locations as where she's from. However, by January 16, 2008 she starts listing Alabama and continues to do so at least through March 23, 2008. At least as early as May 9, 2008 she starts listing New Jersey. This corresponds pretty well with a big gap in her performance history between November 14, 2007 December 5, 2007 and June 18, 2008 where she didn't have any shows that I know of. It's quite plausible she spent several months in Alabama during this time. Edited by evilentity
Updated dates.

I'm wondering if her grandma lives there and she went to stay or something. I know she has at least one living based on the facebook posts. Also, wondering who that Preston fellow is... she seemed to be quite friendly with him and wouldn't ya know it- he's from Birmingham!

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Evil, TPD, Sam Gho, et al. are probably on the right track regarding the Alabama sojourn, but i had a passing thought and just wanted to throw out another possibility just for the hell of it. It's the sort of little detail that often gets overlooked because it's either so obvious or just plain silly: Could it be that she listed Alabama...don't laugh...as a state of mind of sorts? :D What i mean is maybe it was just a fantasy she had, perhaps she romanticized the south, and she wanted to make her own narrative more appealing, so she fancied herself living in Alabama to give her persona a certain image, to add to this character/art project she was creating. God knows how many false locations i listed on my MySpace music profile throughout the years...

Is Alabama mentioned anywhere else in relation to her past, or did the Alabama talk all come from MySpace? I guess i should have asked that question first. Disregard this if it sounds stupid and implausible. Admittedly, i know little about this sort of stuff.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Evil, TPD, Sam Gho, et al. are probably on the right track regarding the Alabama sojourn, but i had a passing thought and just wanted to throw out another possibility just for the hell of it. It's the sort of little detail that often gets overlooked because it's either so obvious or just plain silly: Could it be that she listed Alabama...don't laugh...as a state of mind of sorts? :D What i mean is maybe it was just a fantasy she had, perhaps she romanticized the south, and she wanted to make her own narrative more appealing, so she fancied herself living in Alabama to give her persona a certain image, to add to this character/art project she was creating. God knows how many false locations i listed on my MySpace music profile throughout the years...

Is Alabama mentioned anywhere else in relation to her past, or did the Alabama talk all come from MySpace? I guess i should have asked that question first. Disregard this if it sounds stupid and implausible. Admittedly, i know little about this sort of stuff.

Dance at night back in Alabama from "Pin Up Galore" is the only thing I can think of. I guess that could also be a fantasy, but then we run the risk of everything being a fantasy.

Where did you see 2006? At least through December 17, 2007, she always listed New York-area locations as where she's from. However, by January 16, 2008 she starts listing Alabama and continues to do so at least through March 23, 2008. At least as early as May 9, 2008 she starts listing New Jersey. This corresponds pretty well with a big gap in her performance history between November 14, 2007 and June 18, 2008 where she didn't have any shows that I know of. It's quite plausible she spent several months in Alabama during this time.

her sparklejumpropequeen myspace has birmingham alabama listed and she made that account may 30,2008

i feel like queen of the gas station goes with alabama because down south the gas stations are hangout places

Utah love, though.

Gas stations are kind of a small-town thing anywhere--I'm in California and I used to spend all day hanging out there when I was little. That was the life :what: (QOTGS being the first of her songs that resonated with me, but that's beside the point.)

but then we run the risk of everything being a fantasy.

And then your entire world comes crumbling down and you are left with nothing? SitarZero...

i feel like queen of the gas station goes with alabama because down south the gas stations are hangout places

I still want to find a gas station that has organ music playing in it because i would hang out there all day.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Could it be that she listed Alabama...don't laugh...as a state of mind of sorts? :D What i mean is maybe it was just a fantasy she had, perhaps she romanticized the south, and she wanted to make her own narrative more appealing, so she fancied herself living in Alabama to give her persona a certain image, to add to this character/art project she was creating.

I've always thought this could be a distinct possibility as well, despite posting that timeline. Although now I feel a little more certain that she really spent time there than I used to.

Is Alabama mentioned anywhere else in relation to her past, or did the Alabama talk all come from MySpace?

Dance at night back in Alabama from "Pin Up Galore" is the only thing I can think of.

There's also "Alabama hard knocks" in "1949" and "Alabama freezes" in "The Man I Love". (Tip: I keyword search the Lyrics section constantly.) She also said she lived in Birmingham, Alabama in that fishy Knocks from the Underground interview by Mike Mizrahi, and perhaps other interviews.

I guess that could also be a fantasy, but then we run the risk of everything being a fantasy.

And then your entire world comes crumbling down and you are left with nothing? SitarZero...

I often wonder how much of her history is real and how much is merely personal mythology. Either way, she's a fun puzzle to figure out.

I also heard that For K is possibly K-Mart

Hey, it's as plausible as some of the other ridiculous theories floating around out there.

And also on all of these websites she was signed up to showing tour dates etc it always said "Bring Lizzy Grant / Lana Del Ray to Birmingham, Alabama" hmm

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey