Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Groupie Love (ft. A$AP Rocky)

I think this might be my favourite track she's released so far during this era. I don't really mind A$AP's verse either (as much as I do in Summer Bummer, that song really could've done without him)

Although, I can't bring myself to hear "You want money, groupie love" I only hear "You want my groupie love."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I thought this was going to be my favourite track on the new album (along with "Cherry")...

...until that awful rap started. It totally ruined the song. :scream:

I don't know how Lana's angelic voice on this track can be paired with such aberration of music. :horror:

I love Lana and the stuff she does but rap should be erased from the face of the earth, in my opinion. I just can't stand it. :notamused:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I thought this was going to be my favourite track on the new album (along with "Cherry")...

...until that awful rap started. It totally ruined the song. :scream:

I don't know how Lana's angelic voice on this track can be paired with such aberration of music. :horror:

I love Lana and the stuff she does but rap should be erased from the face of the earth, in my opinion. I just can't stand it. :notamused:

I made a version with no rap, if you'd prefer that :creep: PM if you do want it (: If not, it's cool

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Official Apple Music lyrics

that's horrible holy shit  :dafuq: why would she even sing that line it's so out of place and the groupie love is from her so it'd make sense that she'd sing "my" wtf I'm so mad Lana Del Rey is canceled 

no hate to you So Legit you're just the messenger here 

Deadass one of her absolute best released songs, really can't get over it. Just wanted to point out that everytime after "playing guitar" at the beginning I expect to hear "I could be baaad for you baaabe", it gives me big Hangin Around vibes which is fitting considering the theme of the song. I love this

ZKcaooE.png

Deadass one of her absolute best released songs, really can't get over it. Just wanted to point out that everytime after "playing guitar" at the beginning I expect to hear "I could be baaad for you baaabe", it gives me big Hangin Around vibes which is fitting considering the theme of the song. I love this

OMG that's what it reminded me of. It sounds so much like Hangin' Around

My take on a meaning of Groupie Love is-

I'm a groupie, you're a groupie

and its a wish for the kiddies to let HER be the groupie (i.e.- when SHE is at a show, she is there as Ms. Grant and would like to enjoy the show

so give her some space otherwise while of course she will be polite as always, she will smile, she will be Lana and interrupt  her good time and take a selfie but then she is missing a song

or missing the atmosphere that she is there to see herself (i.e. walking incognito through the grounds of a festival

(or eating in a restaurant.), or having her conversation interrupted, or her meal get cold.

That's my take

Sort of a "High by the beach" (this one is for the kiddies) pt. 2

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Guys the lyrics on Apple Music are taken from random websites. They're not official or given from the label lmao. It's "want my"

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Guys the lyrics on Apple Music are taken from random websites. They're not official or given from the label lmao. It's "want my"

Lana's releases this era (minus Love) have come with lyrics since the moment they've been uploaded, I doubt any random site would be quick enough to upload lyrics less than one minute after the song's release.

That said, it doesn't mean they can't be wrong.