Sign in to follow this  
TheParadiseEdition

Do you know why "Carmen" is her best song?

I'm sorry but I don't agree. The album version is haunting and reminiscent of a lot of Lynch's work, especially Twin Peaks (not to mention Carmen is pretty much the story of Laura Palmer). I love how cinematic the album version is, the cats meowing, and all the other beautiful details. The demo version is good but it's not as powerful as the album version to me.

You don't have to agree. :P I like your opinion here though, it's well thought out. Here's mine: I don't like the way the album version is produced. I don't like the separation of the violin/strings/whatever in the right speaker, I don't like the cat noises, I hate the bass in it, it's all overly dramatic and annoying to me. I really dislike the way the piano sounds during the chorus while Lana sings "Audio-Tune lies, she's still shining." To me, the demo version is more haunting because less is going on, and I can pay more attention to the magnificent lyrics of that song, and her good vocal performance. The beat in the demo fits the lyrics so much better, and the song sounds so natural and well done. The album version sounds boxed in like most of the other songs on BTD.

OMG JAKE I LOVE YOU.

"Every now and then, our posts align

Jake and I meet by the great design"

:flutter:

14417469274.gif

Lucky Ones is the best, obviously. You're all too delusional to understand. Simplistic yet visual and beautiful lyrics, gorgeous strings and instruments, and magnificent vocals; the best vocals on the album. Plus, THE FUCKING LOON IS IN THE SONG. THE AMAZING AUTO-TUNED LOON. The Loon itself is enough to slay basically any song on BTD. Combine the Loon with all the other wonderful aspects of the song, it's obviously the best.

agree, lucky ones is perfect "every now and then stars collide..."

tumblr_mbyvh3v3KA1rdehy9o1_500.gif

Why do people always say this?! I don't get the logic behind this, the bonus tracks always end up being the best on the album. Va Va Voom from Minaj's Roman Reloaded, Phonography from Britney's Circus, Put Some Clothes On from Breathe Carolina's It's Classy, Not Classic, Get Back from Britney's Blackout, Disco Heaven from Gaga's The Fame, I could keep going forever. Bonus tracks are the best.

Get Back? really over Everybody? I don't agree at all

tumblr_mcdo38468W1rdehy9o1_500.gif

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Get Back? really over Everybody? I don't agree at all

I love Everybody, but that stupid fucking "J-J-J-J.R." bit at the very beginning pisses me off to no end and makes me change the song right away. I hate it when producers shit all over a song with their stupid trademark sounds or whatever. Like, no one wants to fucking hear that, it disrupts the song. I've yet to find an equally HQ version of Everybody without that stupid producer trademark noise, and until I do, Get Back remains above Everybody. They're close equals without that problem though, although I'm still more toward Get Back. :)

THE ONE AND ONLY.... BRITNEY.

*cue amazing weird video game ghost noises*

IF YA CAN'T TAKE IT THEN GET BACK.

Sex.

14417469274.gif

I love Everybody, but that stupid fucking "J-J-J-J.R." bit at the very beginning pisses me off to no end and makes me change the song right away. I hate it when producers shit all over a song with their stupid trademark sounds or whatever. Like, no one wants to fucking hear that, it disrupts the song. I've yet to find an equally HQ version of Everybody without that stupid producer trademark noise, and until I do, Get Back remains above Everybody.

I have the demo without the JR tag in 256kbps do you want it?

I have the demo without the JR tag in 256kbps do you want it?

Yesss omg. Would you? :flutter:

xxLDR, Born to Die is my second favorite from the album, don't feel bad. :P

Omg Millenium you did not just say Stiffney Spears. DO YOU NOT SEE BABY V AND I IN THIS THREAD, TWO HUGE BRITNEY STANS?! WE WILL MUTILATE YOU.

not really but you know, :3

14417469274.gif

Come on now, we all know Born to Die is the best song

Sometimes after listening to Born to Die I feel like I need to hospitalised for a few days due to being emotionally exhausted. All those strings.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Video Games > the remainder of BTD > Zombie/Stiffney Spears

(production, melody, and the chord progressions, lyrics, the reason for Lana's relevance to the general public, mental resilience)

tumblr_mbqueoiKwv1rdehy9o1_500.gif

There's only an explanation to this

You are not a Lana del Rey fan, because if you were a Lana Del Rey fan, you should know that she loves Britney and Britney is one of her main inspirations, you know?, because she drop it like is hot, girl (reference) and she owns the pole like a go go dancer, midnight answer (reference), and of course she is a femme fatale always on a run (reference), so you need to love Britney, because when you don't love Britney, you make Lana cry, and you won't like that, right?

So I'm in for you to go to the light and see jesus (reference)

tumblr_mbqsehvg861rdehy9o1_500.gif

who's in?

The spelling and grammar on this forum is spiraling, that's the worst spelling of "Get Drunk" in the thread title that I've ever seen :whitney:

Simplistic yet visual and beautiful lyrics

Bit too simplistic :eek:

Video Games > the remainder of BTD > Zombie/Stiffney Spears

(production, melody, and the chord progressions, lyrics, the reason for Lana's relevance to the general public, mental resilience)

tumblr_mc7cybzBLW1rhiyceo1_500.gif

what does Britney have to do with this thread though?

britney-dirty-look-gifap99.gif

sigvqom9.gif

Sometimes after listening to Born to Die I feel like I need to hospitalised for a few days due to being emotionally exhausted. All those strings.

Tell me about it! I burst into tears watching the music video with headphones on the first time for no reason. Hello Hormones!

Also, I am publicly backing HDB in that Lucky Ones is one of the best tracks as it's pretty much the only happy song on the album. In fact it is my happy song right now and I sing to it in the car all the time :)