Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Heroin

Love it, 3rd fav from LFL

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I’m stoned and this song is truly in the top of Lana’s discography

I always thought the production never felt fully realized. It has such a spacey vibe and I think it could’ve had a few more sound effects that make it sound more detailed

But wow adding the timer sound was masterful. Makes it sounds like the song is straight outta a movie like Requiem for a Dream where the character is having a hallucination or something

i always thought it was "im flying to the moon again, dreaming about mirtazapine, taking all my medicine..." because its an antidepressant and I didn't know what marzipan was. I think it actually makes a little more sense so im still a little convinced that those are the real lyrics, and maybe she just didn't say the first "a" in "mirtazapine"

I NEVER listen to this song but the chorus gets stuck in my head sometimes, which is funny to me

Personally I don't like this song but the lyrics man :defeated:

Lyrically, one of her best

negAbhB.png

I once read a comment on a "Heroin" video that said something along the lines of: "How can Lana sing about such dark topics so beautifully". I agreed with that. The lyrics are quite dark and ominous, and whether she sings about drugs or toxic relationships or a dangerous lifestyle, her voice has this siren-like quality that draws you in hers songs...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

On 5/5/2020 at 6:03 AM, lmdr said:
On 7/13/2017 at 10:17 PM, sweetie said:

The rumbling from distant shores sends me to sleep

But the facts of life, can sometimes make it hard to dream

These lyrics are groundbreaking

I love that the instrumental is structured like rumbling waves. As the song starts you can feel the rumbling from distant shores.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Weird bump^ lol

buttt

if you made an album of Lana Del Rey's Greatest, Heroin would be there for sure. I was watching someone's tiktok live via Youtube and they played Heroin, and I remember how great a track this was. It's a shame is too much of a personal track to be singed lived, but that is what makes it great.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, Thoth said:

I love that the instrumental is structured like rumbling waves. As the song starts you can feel the rumbling from distant shores.

I never thought about this!

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

On 7/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

Look I know this comment is 5 years old but what

How do you-

The chords are similar and melodies fit over each other. I meant this in a good way, as in, this album sounds cohesive

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

On 7/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

Look I know this comment is 5 years old but what

How do you-

Also white horse can be slang for heroin 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan