Elle

Get Free

What is the line she says after “I’m doing it for all of us who never got the chance”?

Apple Music says it's "For a **** fool" but It's censored or something?

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

What a fantastic song, probably in her top 10 for me tbh. The Ride reference made me cry on first listen. I really see this as the conclusion to 'Video Games' - 'I never really noticed that I had to decide/To play someone’s game or live my own life/And I now I do'. It reminds me of the chorus. 

redline

First and second time I listened to Get Free I found the chorus musically so similar to Fake Diamond's chorus (It took me a while to remember which unreleased it was).

That part:

"I'm like a child who belongs to nobody
So I wear you like my clothes
Hold you close to my body
Because you hurt so good
Feel so bad honey
I just want you to want me
Want you to want me"

Sounds like the same rhythim to me

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

LYRICAL MASTERPIECE.

HOLY FUCK DID SHE JUST REALLY REFERENCE ALL OF HER STRUGGLES A LA RIDE AGAIN? 

Perfect album closer, it's as she said, a talk of inner clarity and the hopes for finally getting to the place she wants to reach in Yosemite

This verses, I have so much to think about... So many little details, makes me wanna write an essay about this, ugh

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

First and second time I listened to Get Free I found the chorus musically so similar to Fake Diamond's chorus (It took me a while to remember which unreleased it was).

That part:

"I'm like a child who belongs to nobody
So I wear you like my clothes
Hold you close to my body
Because you hurt so good
Feel so bad honey
I just want you to want me
Want you to want me"

Sounds like the same rhythim to me

You are right, it is similar.

She was smart to use that, Fake Diamond is the hit that got away in her unreleased materal.

All of the reviews of this track are just instantly shoving it to the side calling it a Creep ripoff and completely ignoring that Get Free begins where Love ends and is literally such a rewarding closer to the album, it's upsetting.

Like, the chord progression of Creep is so far from unique. I, V, VI, vi is not a breakthrough chord progression, it's almost as basic as it gets. 

X----into me, into you----X

I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game or to live my own life

Those lyrics are gold! She should've deciced to go uptempo on more songs, but this is really an amazing song to end the album :oprah:

2wn4whw.png

a note  to all the creeps who keep bringing Creep up-

Radiohead LOST a lawsuit in that they were found to have stolen Creep  the song from

The 70s group The Hollies Air that I breathe songwriter Albert Hammond (he is famous for the single "It never rains in Southern California", and is the father

of the Strokes Albert Hammond Jr. (He was not a member of the Hollies).

If one listens to the Hollies song, one can tell it itself sounds like many early (and later) Elton John songs and also sounds like the Procol Harum "Whiter shade of Pale"

Elton and every other piano player of course that is trained on classic piano, will note that it all begins with Johann S. Bach among others the "Air on a G String"

NOTE FOR ANOTHER CONNECTION-

Sean Lennon did two albums with Albert Hammond Jr.

I long for a super group

Lana

Sean

Dhanni Harrison

Elton John

Perhaps call themselves Peaches & Strawberries

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

LYRICAL MASTERPIECE.

HOLY FUCK DID SHE JUST REALLY REFERENCE ALL OF HER STRUGGLES A LA RIDE AGAIN? 

Perfect album closer, it's as she said, a talk of inner clarity and the hopes for finally getting to the place she wants to reach in Yosemite

This verses, I have so much to think about... So many little details, makes me wanna write an essay about this, ugh

The Lanalysis thread is waiting for your essay  :w8ing:

The chorus is so unexpected an is such a soothing, uplifting tonal shift yet it's a bit haunting. This album has so many unexpected melodic turns and production touches hidden beneath the top surface. Get Free, in my opinion, is the best song she's ever released. I was weary of saying that yesterday when first hearing it but now, after several listens, and still being blown away every time, I can confirm that Get Free is Lana's magnum opus. Goodbye OTTR and Shades of Cool.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

when I first heard "For ... and for ..." I thought she was saying "for one and for all" a la the american pledge of allegiance (the end goes "with liberty and justice for all") but considering the administration she left it faded because that liberty and justice is disappearing. Idk if that was the intention but it's what I thought of and I think if she did do that it's genius

smile.gif