Elle

Get Free

I took it as she either doesn't want to name the two people who have either died or committed suicide, or it's moments of silence for anyone we have lost.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Lana said herself that the song told about her "entire journey" up until this point. These "censored" words obviously have a shit ton of significant and are super personal. I'm confident they're names of people. Perhaps people she's lost to drug-abuse or other things. Heroin leads me to think she may have lost someone to this drug and maybe she mentions him/her here?

"I'm doing it for all of us who never got a chance. For ____ and for _____. For all my birds of paradise who never got to fly at night". She probably included this part because she wanted to honor these people in her song and keep it sincere to her story without exposing these people or disrespecting their names. She didn't want to get too specific or revealing but felt she needed to acknowledge that she's searching for happiness for not only herself but for those in her life who never got the chance to find it before leaving the earth.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

That's weird, why not sing something else or use fake names, that has to be better than a gapI didn't notice before you guys said it, but I'll bloody notice now

It was personal choice I'm sure. It gives the song more meaning to her. It probably meant a lot to her that she included it and using fake names would be stupid and shallow imo.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

That's weird, why not sing something else or use fake names, that has to be better than a gap

I didn't notice before you guys said it, but I'll bloody notice now

At first it irked me, but I really think it's a tribute to some special people she lost along the way to where she is now. I love it.

It was personal choice I'm sure. It gives the song more meaning to her. It probably meant a lot to her that she included it and using fake names would be stupid and shallow imo.

Protecting identity = stupid and shallow huh? Lel

And as if she hasn't previously used fake names in her songs

The original song had plenty of meaning for her, what we have is a safe version. It just seems odd to me that you'd delete something for being too personal, start over, only to censor it again. But neither you nor I can rationalise that.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

The original song had plenty of meaning for her, what we have is a safe version. It just seems odd to me that you'd delete something for being too personal, start over, only to censor it again. But neither you nor I can rationalise that.

She couldve censored the names so the song is relatable to all of us. It's for us to fill the gaps. If it were like that, that'd be very beautiful

image.png

No, sis. Clearly that wasn't my point, considering I'm not the one trashing Lana for censoring the names of these people to literally do that exactly thing (protect identity). My point was that making up random names to replace these people who have real names would seem contrived and unnecessary. I believe the way she chose to do it is perfect. :smokes:

The censored parts are names. Confirmed by God herself so I was right and so were most of us