Sign in to follow this  
NamiraWilhelm

O2 ACADEMY BRIXTON MONDAY JULY 24TH

I don't get her at all. I mean she just released a new album with 16 songs and she's gonna sing a bunch of old ones? It makes no sense. And she's re-using the stage set up from last year.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

GUYS OH MY GOD IT FINALLY HAPPENED IT FINALLY HAPPENED 7TH TIME TEALLY IS THE CHARM AJO ISNSLAMS

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm pretty sure the reason she isn't performing a bunch of LFL songs because they're so new and she hasn't had any time to rehearse them and she's usually very shy about performing songs she hasn't don't a lot of, hence why we've been watching her perform the same album for 6 years straight. Not like she couldn't find the time in the past 6 months to rehearse.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Just got back from the show! I agree the setlist is a mess and only 13 songs for a £50 ticket is pretty steep.

That being said, I personally had a great time. She waved at me during Cruel World, posed for a picture with me during Born To Die, asked me what song I wanted her to sing (I said In My Feelings) and she did! Oh and I got a setlist from one of the guys who works there, great evening all around!

117d7k2.jpg

tumblr_maa2d9B0T51r8fe7uo1_250.giftumblr_maa2d9B0T51r8fe7uo2_r1_250.gif

girl 

GUYS OH MY GOD IT FINALLY HAPPENED IT FINALLY HAPPENED 7TH TIME TEALLY IS THE CHARM AJO ISNSLAMS

what

The oldies are the ones that made me fall in love with her, it's an honour to hear them live. BUT yeah it's retarded to always play it safe. Same opener, same closer. It's dumb, she has such a vast discography. The a capella in my feelings was wonderful though. Her vocal delivery was... not really bothered. Handing over to the audience a lot, deliberately drowned out by other noise. Like does she completely hate live shows? Just wants to be a studio singer? Idk. What the fuck happened with love btw? More tech issues?

I did have a wonderful time, that stuff isn't important while you're watching her. I teared up at Video Games and Ride, they're still such amazing songs. 

The only thing that i thought was shitty, was her heading down to the crowd, but only the right side, TWICE. The second time she came down I thought for sure she was going to sweep the left, but nope :/ Those poor bastards were so close, but nothing

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Best day of my fucking life

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

honestly i'm still mad that west coast got taken off the setlist. it was one of the besf parts of the show both times i saw her. also it is time to retire summertime sadness.

I'd prefer her to only play songs from her new album, but if she has to play any old ones could they be songs she hasn't performed live yet??

If this is what to expect for her tour then I don't think I will go. I had the best time seeing her last year by the beach, so I don't think she could top that with this setlist. Maybe things will be different the next time she tours, but I doubt video games and born to die will ever leave the setlist  :crossed:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I'd prefer her to only play songs from her new album, but if she has to play any old ones could they be songs she hasn't performed live yet??

If this is what to expect for her tour then I don't think I will go. I had the best time seeing her last year by the beach, so I don't think she could top that with this setlist. Maybe things will be different the next time she tours, but I doubt video games and born to die will ever leave the setlist  :crossed:

like a good 1/3 has yet to be heard live

and a nice 4/5 of Honeymoon as well :crossed: she can't work those into the setlist? I can see why it'd be normal for festivals because most people aren't there for one artist and if she wants to appeal to the mass crowd she has to play her GP friendly highlights

but for her own personal show that people pay to see her specifically she really has every opportunity to go for deep cuts :crossed: