Sign in to follow this  
NamiraWilhelm

O2 ACADEMY BRIXTON MONDAY JULY 24TH

Guys does anyone know what time she left the venue  ? I waited with a bunch of other fans after the show until midnight but I left because I didn't want to miss my tube 

Unpopular opinion- I want her to keep the old stuff as I still haven't seen her live :) She should play old and new though. 

there are some older songs I'd love to see brought back, some songs are fine but it's pretty much copy paste setlists; I just want her to mix it up, hell putting Cruel World near the end rather than be the opener would have impact. 

ik it doesn't mean much and won't fix your desire completely but there's always youtube videos of most if not all her shows.

I know if she does another major tour we'll have infinite more time to go out and watch her perform, the last major tour was before HM so there was never a chance to see deepcuts from HM  :icant:

It's flat out wrong to make fans pay steep ticket prices for 13 songs, especially when only 3 are new

Yes that's really a short set. Last year at Montreux Jazz Festival (where she had an evening show on her own, so it's not a normal festival) she played over 90 mins (including the Salvatore accappella) and that's what I would expect from a Lana concert regarding how many songs she has written and recorded. She could literally have an entire tour playing a new set of songs every evening!

I remember a few years back R.E.M. rehearsed about 100 songs they would play on their tour, so every gig was different.

look, i went to the concert and let me just say...

i queued for a while and we were by the stage fire exit, we could hear her souncheck and we heard her sing Lolita, Gods and Monsters, Music to Watch Boys to and some others. im kinda mad she didnt do an encore of those songs tbh  :crossed:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

look, i went to the concert and let me just say...

i queued for a while and we were by the stage fire exit, we could hear her souncheck and we heard her sing Lolita, Gods and Monsters, Music to Watch Boys to and some others. im kinda mad she didnt do an encore of those songs tbh  :crossed:

MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO?

tenor.gif

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Great show last night bit 13 songs only???

Had a major issue with 02 academy. I queued from 1 and all o2 priority ticket holders got let in before everyone else no matter what time they got there. Disgusting. That's an abuse of their monopoly owning all these venues. I accept that O2 customers can get early bird tickets but to be let in first??? Nah. I was 10th row in the end.

Yup, she absolutely rehearsed it, I heard it too. And I swear Summer Bummer, the backing vocals on that are pretty unique. 

Had a major issue with 02 academy. I queued from 1 and all o2 priority ticket holders got let in before everyone else no matter what time they got there. Disgusting. That's an abuse of their monopoly owning all these venues. I accept that O2 customers can get early bird tickets but to be let in first??? Nah. I was 10th row in the end.

I thought that was disgusting too! I mean like, -all- of them got in before anyone else? Not fair at all. 

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

she also sung the high notes in summer bummer for like 5 mins it was gorgeous

feel blessed to hear mtwbt irl though ngl

:krylie: i'll never get to live this fantasy goddamnit

The thing was, any o2 customer could ''invite'' 3 people into the queue even if they weren't O2. I was queing since 5 am and I ended in the 6th row... I almost cried when I saw people that got there at like 11-12 getting in before me.  :facepalm:

Oh well.. I enjoyed seeing Lana for the first time.. But I'll never do Stalls again, it's only worth it if you're in the first row.. I was being pushed from all sides every 2 mins.. I saw 2 girls almost fainting because of the heat and when I asked people to call security they just ignored me.. then everybody getting their phones out and I couldn't see anything. Oh, and every time Lana started to walk near us, everyone went crazy and started pushing and screaming.. never again..  :facepalm: .. I still enjoyed it, I met some fans in the queue that were really nice..  :toofunny:

@lastgoodbye that is fucking disgraceful. I was furious for me, now I'm furious for you! I am going to raise a petition that I would really appreciate people forwarding and signing. It may go no where but we can try and stop this happening again.

@lastgoodbye that is fucking disgraceful. I was furious for me, now I'm furious for you! I am going to raise a petition that I would really appreciate people forwarding and signing. It may go no where but we can try and stop this happening again.

Oh yes please, thank you.. 

They even confirmed on twitter that both queues would go in at the same time, yet they decided that the O2 queue would go in first.

I should have recorded it on my phone..  :defeated:

Thanks for that info. I have spoken to her record company, left a message with her management company and I'm waiting for 02 academy to call me back. I'm not letting this rest. I assume no one else is complaining because they got in with 02... So a very self centred view point. Anyone else?

So I love nothing but thieves, and I can't believe they were there last night fuck. Anyway they reviewed her show, on the off chance anyone else likes them it might interest you, but I think I'm kind of alone in that here

http://clashmusic.com/live/live-report-lana-del-rey-brixton-academy-london

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was  extremely unhappy about the 02 priority que situation . I got there at 2:30 pm and I was lucky that I was  second row , but I'm still annoyed about the 02 people being let in first  , and howiet1971 I'm so sorry to hear that despite the fact that you qued up an hour before me, you ended up tenth row, you didn't deserve that , and once I'm again I feel so sorry for you , I will gladly sign that pettion of yours 

It's very late now, but I'll be back to write about my thoughts on the concert and I'll try to upload a YouTube video if I have time to.

I flew from Sweden, arrived late on Sunday night and the first thing my travel/concert companion and I did on Monday morning was to go to an O2 store to buy their cheapest SIM card and make them help us download the app for the priority queue. I had tried to download it before Monday but I couldn't change it to the U.K. market to get it.

And yes, I absolutely agree that it's unfair to have a priority line for their customers when people literally wait for a whole day and get in later - I'd be so sad and furious if we didn't know about their system.

People have been mad in the past too about it if you Google for some other reviews.

If I had seen/met any of you I'd definitely let you join us in the queue. One of the friendly girls behind me in the priority line invited someone to join the queue but she didn't want to... I don't know why she refused.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Still sad about those setlists, girl we need more new songs ): but I guess it's what was said here before, they're so new she couldn't send it before I guess, at least for Lollapalooza Paris that's reasonable, the band needs to rehearse the songs too, for this show I'm not sure if it's ok to say that, but still, I believe she couldn't send many new songs because of the rehearsal time.

I watched some videos on instagram and I have to say i love that stage setting, is simple but is so dreamy

Did she used the dancers for any song?

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif