RileyThomas

Rank Lana's Albums

Hi guys, so I was on TikTok and found a video of a Taylor Swift fan coming up with a ranking system to know which album you love the most and it's actually very impressive. 

SO I guess I'll share it here. 

The idea is, for each album you need to put the songs in 3 categories : skips, favorites, neutrals

For example :

Born To Die (Paradise Edition) has 24 songs. 

For me, I have 5 skips so (5/24), 15 favorites (15/24) and 4 neutrals (4/24). 

You divide your number of skips by the total number of songs which equals, for me, to 20% skips

You divide your number of favorites by the total number of songs which equals, for me, to 62% favorites

You add the 2 numbers : 20 + 62 = 82.

You subtract from 100 100 - 82 = 18

so, 18% neutrals

Now each pourcentage of favorites equals 1 point (so 62 for me) and each neutrals equals 0,5 points (so 9 points) =  62 + 9 = 71 points !

Do this for each album and rank according to the number of points.  

This is my final points according to this system

UV = 85,5 points

NFR = 75 points

BTD Paradise edition = 71 points

Honeymoon = 60,5 points

DYKTTATUOB = 59 points

LFL = 53 points 

BB = 43,5 points 

COTCC = 19 points

In order to not rank twice the same song I only ranked BTD Paradise edition.

Tell me what you think, can't wait to see yours if you do it ! 

To rank the albums, I rank their songs and consider the position of the song as the number of points the song has. Example: off to the races is my overall favorite song from Lana so it has 1 point. My second favourite (released of course) song from Lana I guess is Black Beauty, so it has 2 points. After ranking the songs, I sum the total points of the songs and divide by the number of tracks in the album. The album with the smaller sum will be my favorite one and the one with the highest sum will be my least favorite. It’s crazy and takes a lot of work, but I think it’s pretty accurate and fun :silly:

I did not make it with OB yet but I will post it here when possible

59 minutes ago, bia said:

To rank the albums, I rank their songs and consider the position of the song as the number of points the song has. Example: off to the races is my overall favorite song from Lana so it has 1 point. My second favourite (released of course) song from Lana I guess is Black Beauty, so it has 2 points. After ranking the songs, I sum the total points of the songs and divide by the number of tracks in the album. The album with the smaller sum will be my favorite one and the one with the highest sum will be my least favorite. It’s crazy and takes a lot of work, but I think it’s pretty accurate and fun :silly:

I did not make it with OB yet but I will post it here when possible

I did not understand zefjhefhjz

On 4/6/2023 at 4:28 AM, Surf Noir said:

AKA > BTD, UV, HM > PD > COTCC, NFR, LFL, DYKTTATUOB > BB

Aka is really her best work, personally it's my favorite because it's almost only she herself who wrote all the tracks and I really love the nostalgic atmosphere in this album

2 hours ago, Raise Me Up said:

Aka is really her best work, personally it's my favorite because it's almost only she herself who wrote all the tracks and I really love the nostalgic atmosphere in this album

i love how much you appreciate the lizzy grant era! :trisha: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1. nfr

2. btd/ paradise

3. honeymoon

4. uv

5. ob

6. aka

7. lfl

8.cotcc

9.bb

4-7 i like the same amount tbh:air:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I felt like back in math classes reading this :bebe::sadcore4:

Anyways I gonna try it , it seems like a great idea:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1. AKA 
2. Honeymoon 
3. LFL
4. UV 
5. NFR 
6. Paradise
7. BB
8. BTD 
9. Chemtrails
10. OB 

I'm surprised by myself for this ranking. OB has some of her best songs and it's still a good album, but it also feels a bit 'empty' for me and I don't like the production on some songs.

On 4/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, loveyoumadly said:

Hi guys, so I was on TikTok and found a video of a Taylor Swift fan coming up with a ranking system to know which album you love the most and it's actually very impressive. 

The idea is, for each album you need to put the songs in 3 categories : skips, favorites, neutrals

For example :

You divide your number of skips by the total number of songs which equals, for me, to 20% skips

You divide your number of favorites by the total number of songs which equals, for me, to 62% favorites

so, 18% neutrals

Now each pourcentage of favorites equals 1 point (so 62 for me) and each neutrals equals 0,5 points (so 9 points) =  62 + 9 = 71 points !

UV = 85,5 points

NFR = 75 points

Honeymoon = 60,5 points

DYKTTATUOB = 59 points

LFL = 53 points 

BB = 43,5 points 

COTCC = 19 points

Honeymoon = 93,5  points

Ultraviolence = 90,5 points

Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd = 84,5 points 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club = 83 points

Norman Fucking Rockwell =  82 points

Lust For Life = 81,5 points

Born To Die  = 80 points 

A.K.A = 79 points

Paradise = 78 points

Blue Banisters = 77 points

This was really interesting,  didn't except that BB is last & that COCC & NFR are so high but I think 77 points is still pretty high for BB being last. But it was always hard for me to rank her albums , so this is a really nice method to do that:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 4/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, loveyoumadly said:

For example :

so, 18% neutrals

UV = 85,5 points

NFR = 75 points

Honeymoon = 60,5 points

DYKTTATUOB = 59 points

LFL = 53 points 

BB = 43,5 points 

COTCC = 19 points

Honeymoon = 93,5  points

Ultraviolence = 90,5 points

Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd = 84,5 points 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club = 83 points

Norman Fucking Rockwell =  82 points

Lust For Life = 81,5 points

Born To Die  = 80 points 

A.K.A = 79 points

Paradise = 78 points

Blue Banisters = 77 points

This was really interesting,  didn't except that BB is last & that COCC & NFR are so high but I think 77 points is still pretty high for BB being last. But it was always hard for me to rank her albums , so this is a really nice method to do that:true:

Edit: Also did Violets & it got 82 points :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

On 4/28/2023 at 7:12 AM, Harry Nilsson said:

1. AKA 
2. Honeymoon 
3. LFL
4. UV 
5. NFR 
6. Paradise
7. BB
8. BTD 
9. Chemtrails
10. OB 

I'm surprised by myself for this ranking. OB has some of her best songs and it's still a good album, but it also feels a bit 'empty' for me and I don't like the production on some songs.

I like your ranking. Honeymoon and lfl are on my top 3 too. I am surprised about your low ranking for ob, but i agree, there are a few songs i love, but in General it is too empty. Only with your low ranking for btd i am not agreeing. It is a timeless classic for me.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

15 minutes ago, Blackestday x CN said:

I like your ranking. Honeymoon and lfl are on my top 3 too. I am surprised about your low ranking for ob, but i agree, there are a few songs i love, but in General it is too empty. Only with your low ranking for btd i am not agreeing. It is a timeless classic for me.

maybe I've overlistened btd too much, there are not many songs I still want to listen, but for the first time it is of course overwhelming