RileyThomas

Rank Lana's Albums

1. Lana Del Ray 

2. Lust for Life

3. Born to Die

4. Paradise

5. Ultraviolence

6. Honeymoon

In my first-listen excitement, I claimed that LFL had stolen the top spot from AKA. Listening to it a second time, I realize that AKA retains the top spot, but LFL hasn't had as much time to sink in. Also, of course, my rankings don't speak for what kind of quality I believe each album has-- UV, for example, is definitely a masterpiece, but it's often too cynical and dark for my taste. 

o4qjp4j.png

UV > LFL/HM (It's still up in the air) >> Paradise > BTD > AKA

But BTD is still to me an amazing album and certainly one of my most played in my entire existence, just to give perspective :legend:And I don't hate AKA either, just prefer Lana's voice as Lana rather than Lizzy. 

LFL to me seems more immediately accesible, but it is also a grower... so thats why its tied with Honeymoon. I loved both Ultraviolence and Honeymoon instantly, and for a few months I considered Honeymoon better than Ultraviolence, but Honeymoon is a very mood driven sonically. When I want to listen to it, I listen to the whole thing, very rarely individual tracks, and those tracks would be the HBTB-Freak-Art Deco trio, or perhaps Honeymoon and Salvatore as well. I also appreciate them for totally different things, so it's interesting. 

I can always listen to Ultraviolence, either as a whole or individual tracks, and I feel like I'll always be able to listen to Lust for Life the same way. It's also just as good as a whole experience, but for me UV has the best full album listening experience. 

Honeymoon=Paradise >(by just an inch) Lust for Life > Born to Die = AKA > Ultraviolence >>>Sirens :dmd:

Murder me

Ultraviolence

Lust For Life

Born To Die

Paradise

Honeymoon

(the reason I don't like HM is because I can't listen to it without having a near panic attack because it came out at a really awful time of my life and it just transports me back there so it probably shouldn't even be on this list bc I ignore it)

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

1.Ultraviolence

2.Honeymoon

3.Born to Die

4.Lust For Life

5.Paradise

but I see Lust for Life changing to #3 by the end of this month, i just feel is too early to say

Wow, you're the only person who puts them in the same position as I do. The only difference is that I don't see "Lust for Life" taking 3rd place on my ranking. Actually, it could well end up at the bottom.  :defeated:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

1.Ultraviolence

2.Lust for Life

3.Honeymoon

4.Born to Die

5.Paradise

I'm torn between L4L or Honeymoon taking #2 but for now we will go with this. It may change as the album ages to me but there are honestly so many standout tracks for L4L I think I have them placed correctly.