RileyThomas

Rank Lana's Albums

Wow, you're the only person who puts them in the same position as I do. The only difference is that I don't see "Lust for Life" taking 3rd place on my ranking. Actually, it could well end up at the bottom.  :defeated:

I love BTD, but the memories I made with the other albums are more vivid and important because of the moment I was living I guess, still BTD have an important place on my heart because was the songs I saw her singing live, the first songs I heard from Lana and all of that stuff, I know is confusing but I'm more attached to the other albums, and now with L4L idk what's to come, where those songs will be playing for me, but it might take #3 in a few months, idk lol sorry for this stupid reply  :facepalm:

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

I love BTD, but the memories I made with the other albums are more vivid and important because of the moment I was living I guess, still BTD have an important place on my heart because was the songs I saw her singing live, the first songs I heard from Lana and all of that stuff, I know is confusing but I'm more attached to the other albums, and now with L4L idk what's to come, where those songs will be playing for me, but it might take #3 in a few months, idk lol sorry for this stupid reply  :facepalm:

Makes sense to me. Thanks for replying. :)

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

I feel it's a bit too early for me to tell, bc I know I wanna listen to the album from start to finish so many more times before, but ultimately, this record's been the best so far that she's released.

I remember listening to Born to Die, and remember how fresh I thought it sounded, it was love at first record listen. Not even a kind of degrading sense of surprise, but I've never heard of Lana before until BTD came out, so the music just sucked me into another sort of world. So many jewels on the record.

Paradise came out, and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, she releases the EP, and then with Tropico. This mini era was so lush and well implemented through her visuals.
I remember she said she had nothing much of else to say, but then announced UV so all was well again.

West Coast, what I considered to be anthem for the Summer still so avidly now, I remember waiting in the early morning to listen to with Fearne Cotton on the radio (a big deal for me bc I seldom do so for tracks, so this and just Diamonds). Ultraviolence was solid, is solid and gave her more of a wider audience and fanbase. Such a terrific record -- 

Honeymoon, I felt was more tame, but was the most Lana if that even makes any sense. I loved it for how cohesive it is, I think, still to date, it still is, as a record, so I appreciate it for that even more. 

Lust For Life. What the hell, she released the record last week, but I can already tell it'll be a classic, more and more with time. I remember aching for Life Is Beautiful, and although I'd still like to hear the track (especially bc of the song context more so now), Lust for Life just softens that longing for it. The quality of the tracks are more stripped down, but I appreciate how much more intimate it is as a record, and how fun it is too.

So for ranking, as whole records, I personally like:

Lust For Life > Paradise > Ultraviolence > Honeymoon > Born to Die (still love it to bits tho ofc)

How bout you?

UV/Honeymoon

Born to Die is one of those few albums that have changed my life in a way. I fell quickly in love with it and to this date it's still dominating my statistics on my most played albums along with Paradise. I played the shit out of them back in the day, and I adored and I love them both so freaking much. However Ultraviolence is my favorite record by far, I'm not gonna write an essay about it so I'm gonna keep it short and just say that lol. I loved Honeymoon when it came out but I forgot about it a couple of months after, it aged somewhat quickly and I don't really listen to it in full either - however when I do, I realize it's actually better than people like to think and I'd put it on the 3rd place along with Born to Die. By now I've listened through Lust for Life so many times already that I can say it's my 2nd favorite at the moment, might change as time passes but with my Lana taste being what it is these days I doubt BTD/HM/Paradise will top it.

I love all of her albums but for me it's

1. Ultraviolence

2. Lust for Life

3. Born to Die/Honeymoon

4. Paradise

@vodkaa I have the legit EXACT same opinion as you!

I could rank the albums differently depending on the question,

Like which production is best is LFL > UV=PD > HM > BTD

But if it were emotional attachment then HM > LFL > UV > BTD > PD

BUT if it were the songs in general (and how many make my favourites list) then PD > UV > HM > LFL = BTD

AAAAND then if it were which album blew you away the most at first listen then BTD > UV > LFL > HM > PD

@vodkaa I have the legit EXACT same opinion as you!

Like which production is best is LFL > UV=PD > HM > BTD

But if it were emotional attachment then HM > LFL > UV > BTD > PD

BUT if it were the songs in general (and how many make my favourites list) then PD > UV > HM > LFL = BTD

AAAAND then if it were which album blew you away the most at first listen then BTD > UV > LFL > HM > PD

YEEEEESSS !!

I think so too, it really depends on how you look at each record through it's specialties and what they each have to offer, they all have their own world if that makes any sense.

We can chat about it somewhere else. Someone hollered the thread topic's AP

UV/Honeymoon

YEEEEESSS !!

I think so too, it really depends on how you look at each record through it's specialties and what they each have to offer, they all have their own world if that makes any sense.

We can chat about it somewhere else. Someone hollered the thread topic's AP

Yah ill just go post the same thing in the AP  :lmao:

So as @vodkaa and I were saying in her accidental doubt thread

Like which production is best is LFL > UV=PD > HM > BTD

But if it were emotional attachment then HM > LFL > UV > BTD > PD

BUT if it were the songs in general (and how many make my favourites list) then PD > UV > HM > LFL = BTD

AAAAND then if it were which album blew you away the most at first listen then BTD > UV > LFL > HM > PD

Oh and which is the craziest? Obviously AKA bests them all