Β 

base talk] Search "ATRL (Your Fave) Gif" - Base - ATRL

Love you too xxx

Will update after the 19th, haven’t heard Chemtrails yet!Β 

Paradise and the NFR!=LFL placements swap sometimes, but rn:

HM>UV>AKA>Paradise>NFR!=LFL>BTD

Unnecessary andΒ long explanation below:

Spoiler

UV used to be my absolute favorite, but over time it became clear that Honeymoon is just that bitch :,) Truly an incredible record, lush and cinematic, I’ll never ever forgot how floored I was hearing the title track and Terrence for the first time. We Β knew after Bel Air and Old Money, but Honeymoon the album set her apart from her contemporaries. It’s perfect, enjoyed the whole way through. Makes me feel like I’m in a warm watercolor dream.

UV is just a fucking experience, Cruel World remains one of the best album openers of all time!! So excited to hear White Dress, and see if it really takes that spot. Everything about UV is excellent, wish that Florida Kilos was replaced with Your Girl or another UV era reject, but otherwise it’s perfectΒ :wub:Β Shades of Cool is still enchanting nearly 7 years later, and Sad Girl, MPG, Old Money, UV are career standouts.Β 

AKA and Paradise are funny, certainly not perfect,Β but just absolute perfection in terms of vibe and mood,Β and they hold on to a period of time without feeling too dated or stale (imo). And Paradise is thisΒ beautiful bridge, itΒ markedΒ a notable shift. In my mind, sheΒ had to swim through Paradise’s soundscapes to get to UV.

NFR! and LFL are β€œequal” because I couldn’t decide how to rank these two, they have very different β€œflaws”,Β but even out to a similar experience for me.Β Both albums contain some of her best work, but are then clouded by two different things:

NFR! is truly a greatΒ record, and it’s perfectΒ for getting non-fans into her world. ButΒ I don’t find myself listening to it inΒ the same feverish way as I did her past albums.Β Can’t really explain it further,Β it simplyΒ feels far away. LiterallyΒ anyoneΒ could spotΒ the talent, smarts, and effortΒ behind it, it just didn’t getΒ me in heart and soul like her other records have (including Lust for Life).Β That being said,Β VB, California, The greatest, Bartender, and hope are some of my favorite songs of hers.Β I see and appreciateΒ Norman for what it is. It’s alsoΒ one of the best road trip/beach day albums!

Β 

LFL would get that top 3 spot if there were less skips, and if the record followed the pathΒ ofΒ the Lust for Life demo,Β 13 Beaches, Heroin, Change, and Get Free. Will never get over those songs, another example of work that sets her apart from other artists. I also enjoyed Love, When the World...,Β bridge on GBA, and the β€œwhite lines and black beaches” part of Summer Bummer.Β But after hearing the demos for this record and getting a taste of the original vision,Β especially withΒ the title track, it onlyΒ made me long for a different projectΒ :ohno:

Β 

BTD will always be iconic,Β but I hardly listen to her anymoreΒ :biblio:Β Except OTTR, Million Dollar Man, Video Games, and Without YouΒ :wub:Β 
I’d love if she re-recordedΒ BTDΒ for a big anniversary, maybe as a limited vinyl or something.
Β 

Β 

Β 

my feelings currently (they change all the time)

Β 

honeymoonΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 10/10

AKAΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  10/10

chemtrailsΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 9.9/10Β  Β  Β  *0.1 point taken off because i haven't fully absorbed it yet

ultraviolence Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  9/10

paradise Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  9/10

sirensΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 8.5/10

born to die Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  8.5/10

nfrΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 8/10

lust for life Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  8/10

Β 

even my "least favorite" albums by her are some of my favorites within the scope of my music taste so nothing here would really ever dip below a 7

sUcVobB.png

Β 

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

my feelings currently (they change all the time)

Β 

honeymoonΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 10/10

AKAΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  10/10

chemtrailsΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 9.9/10Β  Β  Β  *0.1 point taken off because i haven't fully absorbed it yet

ultraviolence Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  9/10

paradise Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  9/10

sirensΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 8.5/10

born to die Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  8.5/10

nfrΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 8/10

lust for life Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  8/10

Β 

even my "least favorite" albums by her are some of my favorites within the scope of my music taste so nothing here would really ever dip below a 7

Same! Nothing is below a 7. My Β« lowest Β» score would be 7.5 for AKA, because there are a couple of songs I really hate the production while I love the rest of it.Β 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Same! Nothing is below a 7. My Β« lowest Β» score would be 7.5 for AKA, because there are a couple of songs I really hate the production while I love the rest of it.Β 

Β 

exactly!!! this why i can never rank her albums like 1, 2, 3 etc. because that makes it feel like i DON'T like the ones at the bottom and it makes me sadΒ :air:Β i truly love them all

sUcVobB.png

Β 

6 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

I can't rank them. They're all too good in their own way, one by one.Β :grinds:

Β 

same... i tried to rank them but my ranking is all within the 8-10/10 range currently and they all feel like 10/10 today.... they're just all perfectΒ :lange:

sUcVobB.png

Β 

Norman Fucking Rockwell! - 10

Chemtrails over the Country Club - 9.7

Ultraviolence - 9.6

Born to Die - 9.5

Lust for Life - 9.2

Honeymoon - 9.1

Paradise - 9

Lana Del Rey: A.K.A. Lizzy Grant - 8.9

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: