On 9/5/2020 at 2:57 PM, past the bushes said:

1. Honeymoon

2. Ultraviolence

3. Paradise

4. NFR

5. AKA

6. BTD

7. LFL

I believe Paradise, UV and HM are peak Lana, the way she paints pictures just with words (some of my favorite lyrics of her are scattered across these albums) and the attention to detail in the production of each track amazes me in every listen.

one of my first posts here :wowcry:

With Chemtrails now (and Sirens cuz I finally listened) :hooker:

1. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

2. Honeymoon

3. Ultraviolence

4. Paradise

5. NFR

6. AKA

7. Sirens

8. BTD

9. LFL

Spoiler

i love them all but i kinda rank them based on how many songs i like out of each release :oprah3:

k bye :ma:

Capture.jpg

Mine literally changes with the seasons but here's the recent vibes:

1. Ultraviolence (everything I want a more. no skips. my perfect vibe.)

2. NFR (essentially tied for first place but the few songs that don't hit, really don't hit for me...)

3. COCC (recency bias plays into this but Wild at Heart and Tulsa Jesus are instant classics for me)

4. Born to Die (not my vibe but its fun to revisit and contains a handful of her most iconic songs and lyrics)

5. Honeymoon (definitely her best cohesive body of work but its soooo niche and vibey that its hard to stream)

6. Lust for Life (the last 3ish sings are good enough to bump this up to 5, but I can't do that to Honeymoon)

tumblr_inline_pbw9to77mj1rt2432_500.gifv

unpopular but

1.lfl

2.everything else cuz i love her entire discography but if to do any top id put lfl on the top(not only because of heroin, though...), its THAT bitch indeed, whatever anyone says...

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Honeymoon 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

Ultraviolence 

Lust For Life 

NFR!

Paradise/ A.K.A 

Born To Die 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1. Lust For Life (I love its diversity and it was her first album I listened to)
2. Born To Die
3. Paradise
4. Ultraviolence
5. Honeymoon
6. Norman Fucking Rockwell
7. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

1. Ultraviolence 

2. NFR! 

3. Paradise 

4. AKA 

5. Chemtrails 

6. Honeymoon 

7. Born to Die 

8. Lust for Life 

Norman fucking rockwell and UV are magnificent gauzy summer masterpieces 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

So, I wanted to do something interesting, with inspiration drawn from @stupidapartmentcomplex

I decided to my take my results generated from my LDR Automatic Song Sorter and gather a true album ranking from them. In other words, I'm comparing what I believe my album ranking is to  what the sorter shows it is.

To do this, I took the number given to each song in my ranking and added them together for each album, and the album with the smallest total number would therefore be my favourite album, and the album with the largest total number would therefore be my least favourite album.

To ensure all albums got a fair shot, I only totaled up the Top 9 songs from each album in the ranking, as Paradise only has 9 tracks. I tried adding up all the songs from each album, but the results were terribly skewed since longer albums such as UV & LFL have more tracks, therefore the possibility of more numbers being added to the total. So by totaling only the top 9 songs from each album, each album had an equal chance. I also found no difference in the results by removing the extra songs that went beyond the top 9 from an album in the ranking and adjusting the numbers accordingly - so if there were 5 extra songs that went beyond a top 9 between #90 and #96, I would just add 90 & 96 rather than adjusting the 96 to be 91. Again, I tried both ways, and there was no difference in the results, order-wise.

I hope I explained this in a way that makes sense, because this was a really interesting project and I suggest others do this too if you have the time/motivation!

So, here is what I believed my album ranking to be:

UV

LFL

NFR

BTD

COTCC

HM

P

Spoiler

This is what I believed it to be including AKA & Sirens, but those weren't included in this experiment as the song sorter only factors in songs from released albums - 

Ultraviolence

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

Lust for Life

Sirens

Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Born to Die

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Honeymoon

Paradise

Here is what my test results told me my ranking was, based on the song-rank numbers totaled - 

UV – 176

BTD – 248

LFL – 285

NFR – 314

HM – 320

COTCC - 381

P – 420

Now to analyze these results - if anything, at least I definitely am sound about what my # 1 favourite & least favourite albums are. However, I was so surprised to see Born to Die was my true second favourite album when I had put it on the lower end of my album ranking! Now that I reflect on it, I guess I do have much more of an appreciation for that album than I realised. The album is full of classics that I still love so much to this day. I suppose I thought it would be lower because there are some tracks that have become a bit dated for me just due to listening to that album for over 9 years now, but the songs that continue to be my favourites make up for it. I was also a bit surprised to see Chemtrails had a pretty large number putting it quite low on my true ranking, as I really do love the album. My thoughts are that since the album is so new, I haven't grown that deep appreciation for the tracks yet that would factor into a higher over-all album ranking. With time though, I can definitely see COTCC truly passing Honeymoon and perhaps even NFR too. Next time I do another song ranking, I'll definitely do this little experiment again too to see the differences.

Anyway, this was fun. Glad to share with you all what I've done with my Saturday xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

top 3- no order

Honeymoon

AKA

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

top 3 alternates

Ultraviolence

Norman Fucking Rockwell

lovely gals that can presumably rot sometimes but not all the time

Born to Die

Paradise

Lust for life

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell (excellence - my only negative is that there are two too many songs that detract from the masterpiece :teehee:)

2. Ultraviolence (my first lana album - also has the greatest 5 song combo of all time Cruel World -> West Coast)

3. Born to Die (really nostalgic feeling when listening to it, it's an amazing pop album and iconic debut!!)

4. Chemtrails Over The Country Club (this album/era seems very lowkey but it's some of her best work lyrically and it's similar to NFR which is more of a good thing than a bad thing in my opinion)

5. Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant (this album has a very youthful/nostalgic/??? vibe, i can't even put it into words, but i LOVE it even if the lyrics are questionable)

6. Honeymoon (it didn't really click with me. there are some highlights TLY, HBTB, Freak, Blackest Day, but the rest is not really my cup of tea)

7. Paradise (this will sound weird but this album gives me a particular vibe. real smooth, sexy, smoky? it's only low because most of the songs are meh to me although it has one of the most underrated tracks BEL AIR. bel air never gets the love it deserves)

8. Lust for Life (Coachella. that's all)

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

I've honestly never been fully sure about my album ranking, but i think right now it might be: 

NFR

Honeymoon

COCC (Could be switched with Ultraviolence)

Ultraviolence (Could be switched with COCC)

Lust For LIfe

AKA 

Born To Die (and Paradise, I know they're separate but I can't pick just one lol)

Sirens 

imageproxy.jpg

My top 3 are definitely:

1. Ultraviolence (especially with all the bonus tracks. A true gem :flutter:)

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell! (It always gets me and there really is nothing to dislike)

3. Honeymoon (slay queen I used to think this album was just to smart for me. It's elegant, sublime and has her best bridges periodt)

4. Born to Die // Paradise (I can't separate them I'm so sorry. Both are so sentimental for me)

5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club (especially thanks to White Dress, TJF and DTWD)

6. Lust For Life (sorry angel I still love you though)

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Before COTCC dropped, I assembled a bunch of era-specific, chronological playlists that include all of Lana's unreleased material (or, at least one version of each song, lmao). It came out to 17 (!) playlists, and I drafted up a list that combined them with the rest of her discography, giving me a chronological order to listen to it all in:

Spoiler

9L8sphz.png

My original intent was to listen to and rate everything in the lead-up to COTCC, but ultimately it dropped before I was even out of the Lizzy era. But, today, I finally re-listened to COTCC, finishing the full discography listen + rate. For each album (or playlist/compilation), I rated each song from 1-5, ranked the tracklist, and then gave the album an average rating. I included all bonus tracks (excluding remixes) with their respective albums. So, here's the results! I'm giving the unreleased stuff one average rating, since my fanmade playlist ratings won't mean much to anyone:

1. Young Like Me (4.75) [4-track version]
2. Lana Del Ray (4.54)
3. Norman Fucking Rockwell! (4.5)

4. Paradise (4.44)
5. Ultraviolence (4.25)

6. Unreleased (4.22)
7. Chemtrails Over the Country Club (4.18)
8. Honeymoon (4.14)
9. Born to Die (4.13)

10. Lust for Life (3.94)
11. Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (3.93)
12. Singles & B-Sides (3.78) [All officially released non-album tracks]
13. Sirens (3.73)
14. Young Like Me: B-Sides (3.67) [3 tracks; leftovers from the other YLM tracklist + From the End]
15. Collaborations (3.31)

This looked pretty different than I expected! My normal ranking would probably go:

1. Lana Del Ray

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

3. Born to Die

4. Unreleased

5. Young Like Me

6. Paradise

7. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

8. Ultraviolence

9. Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

10. Honeymoon

11. Singles & B-Sides

12. Lust for Life

13. Young Like Me: B-Sides

14. Sirens

15. Collaborations

So, yeah, there were several shocks: I like Paradise a LOT more than I realized, I definitely didn't expect YLM to take number 1 by a landslide, and Born to Die was way insanely lower than I expected. This was so fun, and I was really happy to revisit some projects + songs I hadn't given due attention to in a long time, plus reevaluating all my faves and least faves from her records :smile3: Guess I'm gonna go bop to You, Mister :dorothy4:

o4qjp4j.png

after averaging the ranking for each song on the automatic song sorter:

HM - 26.5

UV - 30.4

NFR - 48.2

BTD - 50.7

P - 54.4

COCC - 55.2

LFL - 66.6

there were some places where i messed up the song ranker so i think COCC and LFL are a bit low... but someone has to be at the bottom :awkney: 

if AKA was there she'd probably be 2 or 3

sUcVobB.png