RileyThomas

Rank Lana's Albums

The way everyone got their own set of 8/9/10 Lana albums.:lmao:

1. Ultraviolence

2. Norman

3. Paradise

4. Tunnel under Ocean Blvd (it's too early to rank it though)

5. Blue Banisters

6. Born To Die

7. Honeymoon

8. Chemtrails

9. Lust For Life

I know for sure my bottom 2 and top 3. Others are difficult to rank. 

*I really love all her albums so keep that in mind*

Ranking:

NFR - No words can describe my love for this record. Fav song: Venice B*tch (obviously)

Ultraviolence - The coolest album, I'll never get bored of it. Fav song: Sad Girl

Ocean Blvd - There's a bit of every one of her albums in this record, I just adore it. Maybe a bit too long, but I really love it. Fav song: A&W

BTD/Paradise - An iconic era, all of them are bops. BTD wouldn't be complete without Paradise, Gods & Monsters is my fav. 

Blue Banisters - I am such a sucker of piano ballads! A very personal album. Fav song: Wildflower Wildfire

Chemtrails: I love the indie folk/country vibes. Definitely a grower, but I love listening to it on roadtrips. Fav song: Dark But Just a Game

Honeymoon/LFL: I like some songs on these albums, but I have not listened to the albums in full. (Waiting for summer). I'm sure the ranking will change. 

That's about it! I've really come around on Lana in the past year, she's definitely gonna be number 1 on my Spotify Wrapped. 

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Paradise

Born to Die

Lana Del Rey A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

Lust for Life

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Chemtrails over the Country Club

Blue Bannisters

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Sorry <3

I'm living for leaks these days

1. NFR - In my opinion, her best. If you’re introducing her work to someone, this is the album for it. Can’t pick a favorite song, but the title track is a masterpiece. :wub: 11/10

2. COTCC - I thought I’d have to take time to like this album, but nope! The album doesn’t drag at all, the songs are well written, the features are great! White Dress, Chemtrails over the Country Club, Wild at Heart, Dark But Just a Game, and Dance Till We Die are on constant replay. Honestly, it’s so close to taking the #1 spot.:legend:10.8/10

3. BTD + Paradise - Putting these two together because they’re equal to each other. BTD was my introduction to Lana. Even though it holds some cute nostalgia for me, the songs alone still go HARD. The v i s u a l s we were fed this era! The lyrics didn’t age as bad to me as it did for other people, and some of my lesser favorite tracks (like the newer interpretation of Yayo) have grown on me so much over the years. I have no songs I dislike from this era. There’s a reason why this album is still charting. :smokes: 10.2/10

4. Honeymoon - Okay, so this album has grown on me SO much over the years. I see why people say it’s her most cohesive. Terrence Loves You, High by the Beach, God Knows I Tried, and The Blackest Day shouldn’t slap this hard, but they do. The production (minus the annoying trap beats on Freak) is beautiful. The demos for some of the songs off this album are great (maybe include them on a 10th anniversary edition?). And I have to say, I wish we got the production similar to Freak Like Me instead of the production we got in the end. That’s it. That’s the only flaw. The final version of Freak is keeping this album down at #4... plus the amount of time it took for me to love this album. :hooker: 9.5/10

5. UV - Her darkest album so far. Love the production. Related to it so much during this period of my life. Used to be my #1 until NFR came along. Must be personal growth, luv. The lyrics are great, but it’s peak LDR persona. I’ve outgrown Sad Girl, Money Power Glory, and Fucked My Way Up to the Top. Still, it has a special place in my heart. Ultraviolence, Shades of Cool, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Old Money, and Florida Kilos are my most favorite. :diva: 9/10

6. LDR AKA LG - Such a cute underground debut. This album showcases how strong her songwriting was this early in her career. The only flaw for me is Put Me in a Movie. That song should’ve been kept in the drafts. Kill Kill, For K, Pt. 2, Jump, Pawn Shop Blues, and Yayo make up for it though. :party: 8.5/10

7. Sirens - Once I got my hands on a good quality version of this album, I haven’t stopped playing it. It’s a cute project that also showcases her songwriting skills. Next to Me, My Momma, Bad Disease, Peace (All You Need), Pretty Baby, and Junky Pride are my favorites. Only flaw: Birds of a Feather. Another track that should’ve been kept in the drafts. :creep: 7.8/10

8. LFL - Bruh… this album… is complicated for me to rate. Look… it took forever to grow on me, but I blame it on how it was released. See, at first it felt like there was two separate albums in this project based on the first few playthroughs.Then I realized… Love, Lust for Life, and 13 Beaches are amazing songs, but all three sound like album openers from different projects. I love the early versions of Lust for Life as much as the final, but the Blade Runner version is my favorite. The “bitch” ad libs on Cherry are still cringe to me (sorry) so I listen to the “clean” version. White Mustang is cute (for an interlude). I still don’t know what Playboi Carti was doing on Summer Bummer, but it’s a cute song. Maybe it should’ve been a stand-alone single release? I love the Snakehips remix (sorry again). ASAP Rocky did better on Groupie Love than on SB. In My Feelings is cute… the lyrics are mid though. Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind is her worst released song. Period. Don’t even keep it in the drafts. Delete the file. Cut the cameras. Deadass. From God Bless America to Get Free, the album is brilliant. But again, maybe because it sounds more cohesive and I prefer the songwriting on the second half of the album. I won’t take away the hard work Lana put into this project during this era, but this could’ve easily been spilt into three different projects if you also include unreleased tracks that could’ve worked cohesively with parts of LFL (the people who’ve heard them are saying the unreleased songs from this era are great). Please, don’t come for me. :rip: 6.8/10

Now as for Blue Bannisters and DYKTTATUOB, I can’t rank them against the others since I’m still coming around to listening to a few songs. I liked the inclusion of unreleased songs on BB, even though they didn’t sound much different than the demos. I’ve been replaying the title track of BB a lot. Dealer is so hot. :sluttybunny:A&W is also hot, but in a maniacal way. :fabcat:Candy Necklace is emotionally devastating (just the way I like it). Let the Light In is a masterpiece. I’m still trying to figure out how to feel about Peppers. :oic2:

So yeah, that’s my album ranking list so far. 

I can't ever give a set proper ranking tbhh but idgaf

Honeymoon = Ultraviolence = AKA = Ocean Blvd

> Born To Die = Paradise = Blue Banisters

> Lust For Life

> Norman Fucking Rockwell!

> Chemtrails

However I think all the albums are splend(a)id in their own special and unique little ways ZCG1ZXf.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1. AKA / NFR

2. BTD / Ocean Blvd

3. Lfl / Honeymoon

4. BB / Chemstrails

5. Uv / Paradise (I really have a hard time with those)

6. Sirens (cute but having the same melody on all the music is annoying)

ONLY RELEASED ALBUMS

1. Nfr

2. Born To Die

3. Ultraviolence

4. Did you know theres a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

5. Honeymoon

6. Lust For Life

7. Blue Banisters

8. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

9. Paradise (would be higher if there were more songs)

Right now:

Holy trinity for me :legend:

NFR!

Ocean Blvd

Honeymoon

Constantly changing

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Chemtrails

Blue Banisters

Lust for Life

All of her albums are masterpieces but these 3 are my favorites. Ocean Blvd is amazing and will probably reach top 3 eventually but as of now this is my top 3

1. NFR
2. BTD

3. Ultraviolence