Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Unpopular opinion but I'm not fond of the 'pre-changes LFL' myth. I'm not sure, but I think - from some of the interviews at the time I guess - that Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, 13 Beaches, Beautiful People, GBA and When The World were recorded in 2016, and yet they are part of the songs people don't like and never include on those 'pre-changes LFL' tracklists. Although they were on it. I agree it's not her best album, but in the end, we got it in its final state - with the 2017 songs we would never have had otherwise - AND we got some of the demos and outtakes from leaks or later releases. Part of the songs that fans do like were made in 2017 too - White Mustang, Cherry, Tomorrow Never Came - and they truly aren't the worst on the album. So, just my two cents, if you don't like LFL, you probably wouldn't have liked the LFL version that was set for April-May 2017 either.

And about the horror-movie-sounds in Something Real, well, I think we'd be disappointed if we got to hear the whole thing. The only person that confirmed that was Eclipse, and his depiction of White Dress and Chemtrails proved not to be the way the fans ended up viewing the songs.

I don't know where else to ask this.

Does anyone on here have an extra Lust For Life coke bottle vinyl they'd be willing to sell to me? Or a red Honeymoon (don't care which cover)? I missed out on these before I started collecting vinyl and I'm really trying not to spend $300+ on them. :poordat:  Thank you in advance!

Guys. If you were able to put "Serene Queen" & "Wild One" [the latest leak, not "color Blue"] into Lust For Life album, What is your tracks placement?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

9 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

Guys. If you were able to put "Serene Queen" & "Wild One" [the latest leak, not "color Blue"] into Lust For Life album, What is your tracks placement?

I wouldn't. :oopna:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

I would put them here

http://lanaboards.com/topic/9222-lust-for-life-post-release-discussion-thread-poll/

negAbhB.png

So. It came to my attention that Lust For Life, the single, was released four years ago today, and it made me think back to when Love got released lol.

Four years ago, I was just becoming depressed, if I wasn't already, and my dad's health was really bad. I hadn't found this place yet, I didn't know much about any "insider" info such as Love leaking too early, and I remember being so alone in my excitement to hear Lana's new single. I remember staying in a classroom at my old campus at university after the last lecture of the day was over and I watched the video on my phone's screen. I wanted to believe Lana's words, "don't worry, baby", so badly and find comfort in them, but deep down inside, I knew things wouldn't be okay. Still, that song meant a lot to me, and still does in a sense, even though I don't consider it to be her best song.
It was dark outside by the time the lecture was over (winter days are short and dark here) and I think I stayed in that classroom for a little while as I watched the video one more time and silently fangirled. I was lonely; I saw my family maybe one weekend per month (more than most students, but still) , I didn't have good friends, my dad was getting worse and I didn't really have anyone to talk with. It would take a few more months before I once again tried to find a Lana fan forum, found LanaBoards and signed up immediately. Life was pretty shitty, but I loved being a part of this site and chatting with all kinds of people who also loved Lana, even though it could be a bit hostile at times. Lana and this place made me feel something to be glad for, something to find joy in.

Four years have passed and I'm a completely different person today. Not really sure what I wanted to say with this post, but, well, LFL's anniversary made me think back I guess, haha. Thanks for Love, Lana, and thank you LanaBoards and Elle for keeping this site alive. <3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So, I'm just thinking as I'm having my lunch break... Lust For Life, the album, should never have been released. I don't say this because it's my least favorite album by Lana, but because I really think she had something going on with her initial idea.

She described the album as "retro-futuristic", and you can hear some elements of that space-retro-yet-modern sound she looked for in some of the songs. I just think it's a shame she didn't work more on that concept, or maybe she just got stuck and couldn't work more on it. Anyway, I think we can hear that sound in the demo versions of LFL (although they didn't really go anywhere - I guess that's why they're left as demos), Love demo (just ignore the dramatic intro drums) and final version, 13 Beaches, Heroin, Get Free, Best American Record demo, Yosemite. I'm talking about that open-space sound, like the music is something larger and her voice is just... in that large, vast space.

I think, if she had kept that concept and kept working on it, the album would've turned out a lot better. More cohesive, at least. No Cherry, no White Mustang (well, okay, it can stay although it's like her most boring song ever, the instrumental matches with that sound I described), no Daisy Chains Summer Bummer, no political tracks... It think it would've been another gem in her discography. Like another Honeymoon, a bit different and slow maybe but still good.

Like... imagine this:
1. Lust For Life
2. (Young & in) Love
3. 13 Beaches
4. White Mustang
5. BAR
6. Yosemite
7. Heroin
8. Get Free

Wouldn't that have been nice? :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The production on this album is so fucking good also Lust for Life the song is my favourite from the album idk why people dislike it I think the spoken verses in that phone sex operator voice over the 60s beat are soo intoxicating and that old "wall of sound" description was so spot on like the prechorus and chorus absolutely slam I remember waking up in the middle of the night to hear the song debut on the radio overseas and from the first motorbike fart I was floored

5 minutes ago, rabbit said:

HOLY SHIT I got two ? for those that don't know, WalMart is having Vinyl Mania, listing limited editions everyday for like a week I think, noon eastern time, this was the first and probably only Lana vinyl that will go up, since I think I read there's like 150 limited vinyls total for the week but I could be wrong 

1 minute ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

HOLY SHIT I got two ? for those that don't know, WalMart is having Vinyl Mania, listing limited editions everyday for like a week I think, noon eastern time, this was the first and probably only Lana vinyl that will go up, since I think I read there's like 150 limited vinyls total for the week but I could be wrong 

Was manifesting the Ultraviolence UO cover, but SO so so pleased it was LFL :wub: I don't have the standard or LE in my collection, and to have the LE is amazing :crai: We may get more Lana, but I think you're right.
Wonder what other UO exclusives they'll drop!! LFL popped up a bit later after the initial rollout, gonna keep checking. I think the releases go through this Friday.

8 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

Actually fyi they don't all seem to go up right at the same time, you have to refresh/check back for a bit! There's also a limited edition Great Gatsby soundtrack vinyl which has Lana You and Beautiful both the regular version and the orchestral

Edit- nevermind, Great Gatsby is sold out now

u may not be the most cohesive but i love you lfl i really do this is a love confession fuck the pretension ur amazing u lovable mess i still appreciate u 
 tenor.gif

35B27ABF00000578-0-image-m-38_1466991080 may u have a re release though w the demos included w them u future anthology record let this be the day I draw my words of the future 

UV/Honeymoon

I REALLY LIKE IN MY FEELINGS THERE I SAID IT I FEEL LIKE A BAD B*TCH EVERY TIME I PLAY THE SONG

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I REALLY LIKE IN MY FEELINGS THERE I SAID IT I FEEL LIKE A BAD B*TCH EVERY TIME I PLAY THE SONG

YES ME TOO

I'M FEELING ALL MY FUCKING FEELINGS d6a6615c0921e311655d30cddd169838.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg