Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really love it too. Some songs are weaker or I don’t connect as much with them, but they all are very enjoyable to listen to. I get why it was considered a bit “all over the place” by some (HM being her most cohesive album, just released before her least cohesive sure didn’t help), but my life was a bit messy as well, so I connected with the vast majority of the songs on it. 

I really hope LDR9 is going into a bigger sound and production, with a couple of good singles. She needs to have a “hit”.

Full agree about everything. Some of my favorite Lana songs are on LFL. 

13 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Full agree about everything. Some of my favorite Lana songs are on LFL. 

The last three songs are some of her best. Change is almost prophetic of the pandemic and the pandemic fatigue (“it’s bitter, I’m coughing and now it’s in my blood” / “who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn” / “there’s a change gonna come, I don’t know where or when” :worship:). Norman also felt prophetic, at moments. Now I’m really curious about t he topics of this album, her post-pandemic  state of mind. 
(By the way, i really love talking to you and reading your POV on different topics :kiss3:)

7 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The last three songs are some of her best. Change is almost prophetic of the pandemic and the pandemic fatigue (“it’s bitter, I’m coughing and now it’s in my blood” / “who am I to sympathize when no one gave a damn” / “there’s a change gonna come, I don’t know where or when” :worship:). Norman also felt prophetic, at moments. Now I’m really curious about t he topics of this album, her post-pandemic  state of mind. 
(By the way, i really love talking to you and reading your POV on different topics :kiss3:)

Thank you, I really enjoy your posts too. Artists are often prescient and intuitive, and Lana certainly was also apocalyptic on ‘The Greatest’ as well as ‘Change.’ 

We know she’s had fantasies of the world’s end for some time, at least since ‘Last Girl On Earth,’ which I love. 

thinking about how in 2017 ben or ed said that they spent extra long on the vinyl making process for this album and we only ended up with 1 color variant and a heart shaped 7" :toofunny: still two of her most iconic pressings tho

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

2 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

thinking about how in 2017 ben or ed said that they spent extra long on the vinyl making process for this album and we only ended up with 1 color variant and a heart shaped 7" :toofunny: still two of her most iconic pressings tho

I still have neither cause I didn’t start not being super broke til after LFL so I only have the black vinyl. I want them so bad they’re amazing 😭 Today I’m even less broke so slowly I wanna buy both and a couple more variants I’m missing so I can have a complete vinyl collection but they’re so damn expensive 😭 also worrying about the recession that’s probably coming who knows lol

also just wanted to state that i am a LFL stan i love that album so much, i have a get free tattoo and a cherry tattoo <3 sometimes i think maybe the album could have been shorter, but i digress lfl 2.0 coming?

10 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

also just wanted to state that i am a LFL stan i love that album so much, i have a get free tattoo and a cherry tattoo <3 sometimes i think maybe the album could have been shorter, but i digress lfl 2.0 coming?

you are not alone honey.

I know there are SO MANY L4L haters out there but this album is very special to me personally. It might not be her best work but it holds a lot of good summer memories i had with it in 2017.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

love + lust for life = cuteness overloaded :trisha: so underrated tracks (not by the streams, but by the lack of appreciation from fandom). groupie love is also such a sweet one, i love the production

This album truly makes me emotional. It was such a entering college album for me. It’s not my favorite but it’s possibly one of the most nostalgic records I’ve heard up to date. All songs make me nostalgic. And this era was unmatched <3 love you 

sgopYhV.gif

Happy 5th Birthday to Lust For Life:party::kiss:  I can't believe it's been 5 years:trisha: 

This summer I'm playing the album quite alot & I really fell in love with it again:oprah:   

Such a special album somehow :true:  Especially 13 Beaches is hitting again recently & almost every night I watch the stars & listen to Heroin & it's perfection. Heroin might be my new favourite from the album, the production & everything is just so stunning  & otherwordly :wowcry: 

She definetly  delivered some major career highlights!!

And yeah somehow I miss the LFL era so much...the livestreams , the album trailer,  the aesthethic, the radio  premieres , the Love music video , the "Love" poster, the first time listening to the album bc it was amazing,  the summer of 2017 in general :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Happy birthday to you, Lust for Life!!

We first met on a trip to Scandinavia where we got acquainted and you’ve been part of my life since then. you will always have a special place in my heart. You might be a bit more « all over the place » than your sisters, more pop, but you’re a summer child, embodying quest for happiness, which is always messy. You came out at the right time for me and I enjoy going back to you these days. It’s easy to overlook some of your features, especially your « political side », but in these troubled times, they resonate so much more. You’re perfectly flawed, my dear. ❤️ U.

9 minutes ago, The Siren said:

WTWWAWWKD (tied with Heroin and Get Free) is(are) still the best song(s) and TNC is still the worst :trisha:

TNC is probably the only song from her that I prefer the demo better than the released version (the line about her singing with Sean negates the whole fucking song IMO :pft:)

Happy 5 years my darling Lust for Life.

Even tho I had been already a Lana stan waaaay before this album. But AFTER Lust for Life, everything changes forever. I knew that Lust for Life was THAT album Lana made for me & I knew from that very moment I press the play button, I had not only found the right artist to stan years before, but I also found a spiritual mother, a big sister i never had, a soulmate, a friend through the music.

Thank you for making summer 2017 my prettiest summer ever with most beautiful high school memories that I shall never forget.

And where the fuck are y'all? its my baby LUST FOR LIFE BIRTHDAY. C'MON NOW.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing