Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

I think all of the songs are coalescing into something much bigger, and like @taco truck just mentioned, it seems like there are four sections to the album split up by vinyl sides, which to me is much more cohesive than whatever LFL was trying to accomplish imo.

Except, Lust for Life was great. It just needs an adjusted tracklist:

1. 13 Beaches
  2. Cherry
  3. White Mustang
  4. Summer Bummer
  5. In My Feelings
  6. Groupie Love
  7. Lust for Life
  8. Coachella
  9. God Bless America
  10. War
  11. Beautiful People
  12. Tomorrow Never Came
  13. Heroin
  14. Change
  15. Love
  16. Get Free

…and suddenly it’s extremely cohesive.

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Except, Lust for Life was great. It just needs an adjusted tracklist:

1. 13 Beaches
  2. Cherry
  3. White Mustang
  4. Summer Bummer
  5. In My Feelings
  6. Groupie Love
  7. Lust for Life
  8. Coachella
  9. God Bless America
  10. War
  11. Beautiful People
  12. Tomorrow Never Came
  13. Heroin
  14. Change
  15. Love
  16. Get Free

…and suddenly it’s extremely cohesive.

Ur spill:yesnod:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

13 beaches, groupie love, heroin(, tomorrow never came, love)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

5 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

there’s something about this album that’s so charismatic and charming

i wish she kept this energy for her future projects 

It felt like she was actually having fun and cared about the album that’s why:trisha:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

It felt like she was actually having fun and cared about the album that’s why:trisha:

exactly! like she had so much passion, ideas and energy during the creation. like whenever she’s singing i can sense her smiling 

Someone said a few pages back that "Change" hits differently and is haunting now, after the pandemic/lockdown and other current world news. I felt that way too last time I listened to this song. 

I actually really like "Love" as an opening. It starts off slow and builds up. It's very cinematic and classic Lana, sounds a little BTD-ish. But I also feel "13 Beaches" could've been a great opening too. 

Lust For Life does have it's own theme if you look into it. It's not cohesive like BTD, UV or HM, but it isn't as disorganized as LFL haters said when it came out. It does feel like a mixtape in a way, and I think this album is the divide between "old" and "new" Lana. The songs in the first half of the album each sample sounds from her previous albums, the second half from Coachella until the end are more acoustic/ballads/folk like the songs we've heard on NFR, COTCC, new songs on BB.

I see LFL as:

1) a nod to BTD/UV/HM (the style of Lana that put her on the spotlight) and a farewell to the "old hollywood influenced lolita sad girl" aesthetics she was known for. 

2) an indtroduction to NFR, Chemtrails, the style and music she's making at the moment. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

Personal absolute favorite record of Lana’s. She really portrait and immerse the essences and vibrations of the 60s starting from the soundscape that is a mixture of older, traditional folk to the more modernistic moods- the intentional global writing as well. New Thought. Too, is transfixed by her fashion of presenting the retro-futuristic and occultist visuals for the videos and the message that underlies within. The richest Lana record in many senses. I don’t dare to alter a thing from it, but to maybe include The Next Best American Record (a current favorite Lana song) and to have Coachella as a folk track- but I settled with all the medias that are presented to us. Somehow, Best American Record perfectly blend in w Norman. Interconnected to the past for the future

I am new to this board. I am interested to read that most people on here don't like BB or COTCC much? This does shock me as a Lana fan. I always thought Lust for Life was her worst album - it is just all over the place in terms of genre and the featuring songs I think are terrible. Can I ask what you guys think about Lust for Life because I don't see it mentioned much on here like her other albums.

1 minute ago, Max683 said:

I am new to this board. I am interested to read that most people on here don't like BB or COTCC much? This does shock me as a Lana fan. I always thought Lust for Life was her worst album - it is just all over the place in terms of genre and the featuring songs I think are terrible. Can I ask what you guys think about Lust for Life because I don't see it mentioned much on here like her other albums.

Spoiler

i personally like Lust for Life. It was the last time she tried to produce a pop record, and i think she succeeded. The collabs really shined too, whereas on Ocean Boulevard, you barely hear the guests (for example, John Baptiste only says "Candy necklace" a few times, then he's gone. LFL was consistently good throughout, too, with only Coachella being an obvious skip.

1 minute ago, Max683 said:

At the moment, BB and COCC are seen as the « worst » albums, especially Bb. I’m not sharing this pov, but it is what it is. LFL was long viewed as all over the place, messy and such… but time has passed, new members came here and shared their input on it, became a fan because of it, so it’s more nuanced now.

But it is the same thing with every album cycle: the previous one is seen as trash. LFL era, HM was viewed as a snooze-fest and boring here, but became much more appreciated after LFL and NFR had been out. 

27 minutes ago, Max683 said:

how can u be a Lana fan and be shooked that cocc and bb are being seen as her worst albums:oprah2: no shade absolutely its Just a pretty  common opinion among other Lana fans and stans but anyways lfl is my top1 album even tho objectively her Best made album is ultraviolence, and heres why, it holds such a special vibe to it, containing one Of her absolute Best produced tracks, and i really adore these vibe and sounded switches, this is so called hated things among others and i dont see absolutely why, because these parts go along so well with each other making no conflict in sound because after all, all songs just feature that special futuristic retro vibe that clicks every time, not telling it has some Of her Best made tracks overall like heroin or yosemite or Best american record.... its Just that every song is so good and builds this very very special atmosphere all around that all era, plus aesthetics are some Of her Best.... i have maybe some troubles with change, this one seems a little bit out Of place for me personally

its no telling that the original scrapped lfl form that was ready in late 2016 that for sure contained songs she worked on for months that era that are still staying unreleased and described as very very awesome by insider and songs like heroin, 13 beaches, love, yosemite, Best american record it just cant be bad... we trully were robbed, 

so yeah i can get the hated towards it and im not gonna argue with that, lfl is just not everybodys cup Of tea but its still remains that album that holds that true Lana Del Rey persona in it and its a magical, beautiful and criminally underrated piece of art and Will be forever top1 Of mine

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Get Free finishes what Born To Die (song) started. 

“Feet don’t fail me now, take me to the finish line” —> “Finally, I’m crossing the threshold”

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift