Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

soooooooooo I love TNC and everything but does Sean Lennon always just do that impression of his dad when he sings?

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Why would you want to remove the sticker? :hdu: It's a part of the release, and in the future won't be considered complete if it's missing.

I open my copies sis! I normally cut it off from the shrinkwrap and stick it in the case or put it back on the CD case!

Why is she dreaming about Marzipan tho ?

Probably taste good to her when shes on heroin lol

Investigators find drugs hidden in Mexican candy

"A tip helped investigators find 14 kg of heroin, which was hidden in a Mexican candy called De La Rosa, a peanut marzipan."

Ingredients can be found online lol

Not 'NOW That's What I Call Music' blocking her from UK number 1  :toofunny:

I don't think compilation albums are counted on the official end of week charts so she should still get that #1!

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Germany's biggest weekly journal also reviewed LFL – it's a pretty mixed review, more on the negative side:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/lana-del-rey-neues-album-lust-for-life-lana-laechelt-jetzt-rezension-a-1158588.html

The journalist calls her a "one trick pony" (although she obviousvly like(d) Lana's earlier music) which is really stupid, so I can't take this article too serious. :)

Can't really take God bless America serious - her vocals are great but that's it. It' not really a statement, just the ususal Lana lyrics and the production makes it sound a bit comical ... the gun shots sound like they are from a song for children and the guitar is so forest-fire-song-ish,

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

idk the validity of this but regardless g-sleazy is OVER

https://twitter.com/cyndelrey/status/888294063299903489

the chord progression on the verse is the same but the melody doesn't remind me

I said that it seems to be Creep, not it is Creep.

Can you now understand?

Germany's biggest weekly journal also reviewed LFL – it's a pretty mixed review, more on the negative side:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/lana-del-rey-neues-album-lust-for-life-lana-laechelt-jetzt-rezension-a-1158588.html

The journalist calls her a "one trick pony" (although she obviousvly like(d) Lana's earlier music) which is really stupid, so I can't take this article too serious. :)

I think she actually has a point, like when she says "the things Lana Del Rey does can only be done by her. Only she can make a dumb rhyme out of peaches and beaches and undress you while doing it".

We are all Lana fans to a certain degree and we love all the things she's notorious for, but I can understand it if people may critisize her for it, and I don't see any mindless "bashing" in this review. She actually defends her against those "bashers" in one of the paragraphs and while I may not agree with her on everything, I get what she's saying and why.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Aw I missed being on the first page of this thread. :( it's weird posting on this thread. I haven't been on here in hours, did I miss anything?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think she actually has a point, like when she says "the things Lana Del Rey does can only be done by her. Only she can make a dumb rhyme out of peaches and beaches and undress you while doing it".

We are all Lana fans to a certain degree and we love all the things she's notorious for, but I can understand it if people may critisize her for it, and I don't see any mindless "bashing" in this review. She actually defends her against those "bashers" in one of the paragraphs and while I may not agree with her on everything, I get what she's saying and why.

Yeah, definetely, you're right, and I always can understand people who don't like Lana since she and her music is a bit "special". But calling her a "one trick pony" is a bit stupid nevertheless if you look at all the (different) stuff she has done in her carreer. In the end it's all a matter of personal taste and every reviewer is just giving his or her personal opinion (although some reviewers act as if their opinion is "the right one"...).