Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

no, not at all. I still really wish that the original BAR was on this record, it would've been a standout whereas the version we got on NFR only serves to make the second half of the album bloated

the way she just lazily added the "we played" when she songs about playing the Eagles down at Malibu makes my ears bleed, it sounds so bad

like she could have sang it in the same vocal take as the rest of that verse but

negAbhB.png

Y’all gonna cancel me but I think Coachella is good. I wouldn’t call it gorgeous per se, but I don’t think it’s bad by any means

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Y’all gonna cancel me but I think Coachella is good. I wouldn’t call it gorgeous per se, but I don’t think it’s bad by any means

I just luv the Coachella performances, wish we could see her there this year. Corona I despise you!!!

original.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNsrio1DE1I

This guy does good reviews. He only has NFR to go so ill be interested if he really thinks it's her best. 

This is a pretty fair LFL review. I would disagree when he says there are some tracks on this that are up there with her best, but when he says if you made your own album out of this tracklist, it would be perfect, i agree with that. LFL could have made a really sweet and fun album, plus a 'political-focused' EP and id have been happy.

1. Love 
  2. Lust For Life
  3. 13 Beaches
  4. Cherry
  5. White Mustang
  6. Summer Bummer
  7. Groupie Love
  8. In My Feelings
  9. Tomorrow Never Came
  10. Heroin
  11. Get Free
  12. Yosemite and Roses Bloom For You somewhere here in the tracklist too

1. Woodstock In My Mind
  2. God Bless America 
  3. When The World Was At War
  4. Beautiful People
  5. Change

It's perfect weather where I live right now, and I just went outside in my backyard and listened to this album front to back. although it is my least favorite of hers, i think i don't give it enough credit. Groupie Love was a song that really came out of nowhere on that listen and now I feel like it's one of my favorites?? Also I've concluded that the only songs on this album that i genuinely do not enjoy are the title track (fuck you max martin) and white mustang. the last minute of coachella SORT OF saves it

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

It's perfect weather where I live right now, and I just went outside in my backyard and listened to this album front to back. although it is my least favorite of hers, i think i don't give it enough credit. Groupie Love was a song that really came out of nowhere on that listen and now I feel like it's one of my favorites?? Also I've concluded that the only songs on this album that i genuinely do not enjoy are the title track (fuck you max martin) and white mustang. the last minute of coachella SORT OF saves it

It doesn't deserve all the backlash it receives here. I said it before, and many times, but although I loooovveee HM, we needed something a bit more diverse for her next project. Many here listen to the demos of the songs and wish LFL sounded like that: I'm sorry, but it would have been a «toned down» HM, which would have bored the rest of the world. 

Happy 3rd birthday LUST FOR LIFE!

You came to me at a great time in my life and every time I listen, I am reminded of that, and it really was an amazing turning point for me. 

On my Instagram, I keep getting "3 years ago today" reminders, and they are all photos of the road trip I went on and when I got to listen to the album snippets, the leak and the full album for the first time while driving through beautiful mountains in winter. 

Besides the messy release, different fan expectations and the absolutely chaotic pre-release thread, I was shook listening to most of the songs the first time. I was so happy and it made me feel so free. 

In fact, out of all the albums, I definitely had the best "first listening experience" with this one, whereas the others I had to absorb more slowly. It mightn't be my favourite, but I really enjoy coming back to this album from time to time. And today, that is definitely true.

It’s so wild to me how it’s already been 3 years since it dropped. I remember joining Lanaboards only a few days before. I’ve never been as invested in an album pre-release than I was with lfl, it was kinda obsessive lmao. It’s my least favorite album of hers but at the same time it still has amazing highlights like Heroin, Get Free and Cherry. The era itself was also fun and messy, kinda miss it.

qfrWuBl.png

Happy Birthday to Love, Lust for Life, 13 Beaches, Cherry, White Mustang, Summer Bummer, Groupie eLove, In My Feelings, God Bless America, When the World Was At War, Heroin, Change + Get Free! 

Not happy birthday to Coachella, Beautiful People, Tomorrow Never Came, and the synthesised strings at the start of 13 Beaches.

3lfQEhw.png

Happy birthday Lust for Life <3 It was released at the right moment. It helped me so much to encourage myself to be free and be who I want to be. Not her best, but definitely the one I have the most feelings for.

Whats-App-Image-2020-03-02-at-16-01-37-2

Happy birthday bb!

I think this is a great album and often misunderstood. The lack of cohesion is very much the point, as it tells the story of a woman embracing her lust for life by following different paths and people on a never-ending journey to find happiness.

Still not over that time I was listening to Beautiful People Beautiful Problem and at the exact moment she sang "Till it runs red, runs red with blood" my nose started bleeding. And the way it was also a Stevie collab..

qfrWuBl.png

I actually love LFL, it was a good contrast to HM with the more upbeat sound and all the features. A throwback to BTD but also a leap forward with lana exploring new topics in her songwriting. It’s probably lana’s most fun, carefree album.

also it has 13 Beaches, Cherry, Summer Bummer and Heroin  :legend:

Based off the COCC pre-release thread, I gather theres a lot of hate for Tomorrow Never Came? 

It was my favourite song on first listen from the album, and along with Get Free, Herion and Change; is a song that I still have in my heavy rotation from LFL. 

Although, I do concede, the bridge in the demo version was much more lyrically pleasing. I have no clue as to why in the world she thought "isn't life crazy you say/now that I'm singing with Sean" was better/more thematic than "baby you have to forget/and I have to move on". The latter is so relatable to so many people, the former is a poor attempt at breaking the 4th wall

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Don't diskike TNC and BPBP but I barely listen to them, the same with Groupie Love, God Bless America and Love even though I really love the "don't worry baby" part. Sometimes I can listen to the title track sometimes not...it's just an okayish song to me. But this record is still pretty good and I like it. Some songs are very personal to me for example Change. Really love 13 Beaches, Get Free and Heroin.

Someone on this forum ( I forgot who it was) inspired me to divide the album in two albums ( Lost for Life & Lust for Life) and it works way better for me

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: