Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

3 minutes ago, Nectar said:

Did we ever find out why she left TNBAR off of LFL? I know she filmed a music video for it and everything. 

I'm pretty sure it was because it leaked, but it could've been for other reasons as well

imageproxy.jpg

22 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

:oprah2:

we were robbed of a high budget video because the army was being annoying… i can’t believe this 

but just based on concept.. god bless america  or when the world was at war maybe?

When A$AP joins Lana in the Groupie Love chorus... it's angelic to me :icant:   
"You are my babe" :legend:

51 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Daisy Chains Summer Bummer might not be the best song out there but when you're in the mood for it, it SLAPS :defeated:

That's the truth of today  :true:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

fuckk since the last few days I'm SO into this album right now :legend:

LFL sweetie, u're rly not as bad as ppl think u are ilysm :kiss2:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

9 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I remember her sharing a picture of tracklist where the album tilte saying Lost for Life where "o" is crossed out and replaced with "u". Maybe that represents how the overall concept for the album has changed.

That's interesting because I caught an interview recently where she pronounces the title as if it's spelled with an "o". I thought I had misunderstood.

Has anyone noticed how Get Free ended with a beach/shore & seagulls atmosphere, and her making NFR the next record with the album cover being her on a boat in the ocean by the beach? Idk I thought that was clever. 

I wish she followed that retro futuristic theme we could see in the video clip of Love throughout the album. Also these mini details in the production of 13 Beaches  and Heroin give this spacey feel and make the songs unique and would pair perfectly with more futuristic imagery  

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

With summertime (sadness) finally starting, i've been diving back into this album and I found myself listening to it a lot lately. I wore this album out back in 2017 and kinda forgot about it after NFR. It's never been one of my favorites but it was the first Lana album I listened to and the one who started my stan journey as you can tell by my username. I've also grown to appreciate its messy tracklist and its chaotic soundscape, i think there's a charm to it and she pulls it off rather well. I remember being very critical of the "politically charged" tracks for being kinda clumsy lyrically (couch Roachella cough) but I find them pretty reflective of the time they were released in and its so interesting listening to them now, given how the political climate changed especially in the US these last years. And ofc the bangers still bang. This album will always have a special place in my hear for its nostalgic value  <3

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It's funny, if Lana meant LFL was for Stans, then she really failed, as Stans seem to vastly prefer UV and especaiily HM. 

Stans here aren’t loving LFL for sure (many of us at least), but it did very well outside of LB: it’s the second album, after BTD, to have reached 1B streams, it went number 1. Many didn’t mind that it was “incohesive”… Which makes me remember that LB is not the whole Lana fandom and some of our opinions might not be shared by a vast majority of her fans. 

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It's funny, if Lana meant LFL was for Stans, then she really failed, as Stans seem to vastly prefer UV and especaiily HM. 

I think that more than for the fans it was the label's attempt to get another "big" era after HM being very lowkey. 

If it ended up being as intended at the start with the witchy aesthetics and space sounds (that are still on some songs) it would probably be higher on stans rankings cause I think 80% of us really like Cherry, 13 Beaches, Heroin etc. but didn't really care that much about the middle part of the album (even though it has grown on me a lot and I enjoy it as a whole when I put the record on from start to finish)

I really like the title track but the demo version was way more original and interesting to me so it's a loss we didn't get a whole album with that sound :crying4:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Stans here aren’t loving LFL for sure (many of us at least), but it did very well outside of LB: it’s the second album, after BTD, to have reached 1B streams, it went number 1. Many didn’t mind that it was “incohesive”… Which makes me remember that LB is not the whole Lana fandom and some of our opinions might not be shared by a vast majority of her fans. 

I love it, with exceptions, and didn't mind the incohesive quality. 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I love it, with exceptions, and didn't mind the incohesive quality. 

I really love it too. Some songs are weaker or I don’t connect as much with them, but they all are very enjoyable to listen to. I get why it was considered a bit “all over the place” by some (HM being her most cohesive album, just released before her least cohesive sure didn’t help), but my life was a bit messy as well, so I connected with the vast majority of the songs on it. 

I really hope LDR9 is going into a bigger sound and production, with a couple of good singles. She needs to have a “hit”.