Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Lust For Life feels like the last true OG Lana Del Rey persona album, if that makes sense. Like post-L4L, she went back to a sound that is slowly becoming more reminiscent of her early early works, more acoustic driven. Maybe Get Free was her saying goodbye to the LDR persona to start a fresh new chapter with the LDR name

negAbhB.png

2 hours ago, godsmonster said:

I live in the US and mine were the proper bottle color, but I got mined with the signed vinyl set from her store

now you got me questioning myself but I could have sworn it said blue

however I checked my email and it says clear but my vinyl copy is clearly the Coke bottle color

now that I think of it, it def was just Coke bottle clear for the color

so i did some research, all the ones from her webstore, regardless of the country were the gorgeous clear coke bottle clear and were listed as "clear" on the website. The EU Urban Outfitters were also the gorgeous coke bottle clear, but the US Urban Outfitters one was murky coke bottle. (this is similar to the blue banisters white vinyl where the webstore ones were translucent white and the amazon ones were opaque white on repress)

Summer Bummer been on repeat so I gave LFL a relisten and yeah.. I forgot how good this record is. She gets flowers from me at least

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Happy late birthday dear LFL sweetie! I really adore you and even though you're just a bit inchohesive... I love you! I adore you even. THE most summery album I know. If only the amazing, amazing, a-ma-zing13 Beaches would have been the opener...:flutter: you're not perfect (and we will always mourn the OG style of the  album</3...)  but you're not even half as bad as the haterz are saying. And I'll ALWAYS will demand JUSTICE for the awesome songs that are GBA and WTWWAW (and oh, for Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, IMF and Tomorrow Never Came too plz!). I barely listen to those songs, or the album itself... except maybe Heorin when I feel real down, but only bcs I wanna be in the right mood for feeling that Lust For Life. And by some reason it feels like I can only listen to the album in full, track by track, in the summer lol. Like I said THE summery album so... 
Get Free is the very best closing track ever and the outro is making me feel THINGS!:crai:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

What do we know about the motivations behind Lust for Life? To me, it feels like it might've been pushed by her label for more commercial success or motivated by Lana's desire to shut up her critics. This album came after years of criticism of Lana for being too sad, dark, for saying she wishes she were dead, of the Ultraviolence domestic violence controversy, etc. It makes sense that Lana's label might push her to appear happier, less controversial, and more outwardly focused rather than being as self-involved in her relationships as the last albums had been lyrically. Her sales had also been declining with each era up to this point.

If I recall correctly, Lana had that interview where she said something along the lines that she felt like had to be happier for this album even if that's not how she really feels. All of the demos for the album were more Lana-esque, and much more sad and devastating than their poppier and lighter sounding released versions. Then there are all of the features, while her other albums had none, which could've been an attempt to push her more pop and more mainstream again. I remember too that this was being pushed as a return of her Born to Die hip-hop inspired influences again, like Lana or her team/label are trying to push her mainstream again since that was her most commercially successful era. And finally, there's the fact that this is a much more eclectic, and arguably messier, album compared to BTD/Paradise, UV, and HM, which all seemed like they each had a story to tell. The songs on her previous albums were cohesive and focused to the album's themes and sound, which could hint at the fact that Lana was making this album more to appease others than out of having a compelling story or idea to bring to life like she seemed to in the past.

I don't think Lana cares much about fame or single/album sales, though she seems to care about critics and being well respected as a songwriter and musician, so this leads me to think this was her most forced album and that it was likely forced by her label. But then we also had an interview where she said, "I do have early thoughts about what I'd like to do with it. My label, Interscope, is pretty flexible and open to my records coming out at any time, so I don't have that pressure. I'm just happy to be able to keep on making music I can stand behind," so maybe the motivation was coming from Lana to shut her critics up, not from her label. Do we have any glimpses of truth to either of these theories, or am I reaching?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

eventually lana will release the original lfl.

the demo versions serene queen roses bloom for you... it would be divine

1. Young and in Love (Love Demo)

2. Lust for Life (Demo)

3. 13 Beaches

4. White Mustang

5. Architecture

6. Serene Queen

7. Summer Bummer (Alternative Version)

8. Groupie Love (Alternate version)

9. Stairway to heaven (coachella demo could sound like this demo of Kristijan)

10. god bless america

11. when the world was at war

12.heroin

13. change

14. get free

15. Cherry

16. Yosemite

17. Roses Bloom for you

18. Sugary Sweet

19. Beautiful people (demo 3)

bonus tracks

if i die young

valley of the dolls

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I just opened my ipod touch for the first time since june 2017 and i had everything witchy themed in hype for Lust for Life :defeated:

Even the camera roll- full of witchy Lana and The Love Witch edits. 

Cute times.  i was already heavily into witchcraft for a year or so already, but damn, did i put faith into this album being her best :krylie:

Ive also really been enjoying the Young and In Love demo that leaked 2 years ago, and how it would be an amazing album opener.

honestly lust for life feels cohesive in its own unique way, every track from that album feels very "lust for life" if that makes sense, even if it's a folksy ballad like change, or a hip-hop track like summer bummer

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I feel like if you listen to it on shuffle it will be but every song goes into each other nicely if you listen in order 

Lana getting colorful with the tracklist reveal of Lust For Life on  twitter. With her vintage rock inspired handwriting. : r/lanadelrey

Exactly. The album is very ‘typical’ Lana up until Coachella, then it gets more introspective with what was happening in the world, and then slowly went the folk route. The only thing wrong with Lust For Life is Yosemite and BAR deserve their place on the album :true:

"Don’t forget me"

LFL is a very cohesive album, some people just don't like to think outside the box :true: 

It's a transitional album, a bridge between two worlds as she stripped back the shine that she was known for and approached her art in a new way that felt true to her evolving self. She even spells it out for us at the end of the album. Finally, I'm crossing the threshold, from the ordinary world, to the reveal of my heart. She made a lot of very deliberate decisions on that album and it's constantly misunderstood. 

Anyways back on topic, this album could very easily be another transition to a new world for her, I am so excited to see what she has in store.

30 minutes ago, DCooper said:

She even spells it out for us at the end of the album. Finally, I'm crossing the threshold, from the ordinary world, to the reveal of my heart.

lfl has grown on me so much over time but this finally clicked omg :wowcry:

her mind knows no bounds of genius

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23