Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

45 minutes ago, SummerDrummer said:

Does anyone know if the final photo used for the lust for life album cover is an edit? As in lana was cut out from a different photo and edited into the car one? 

Probably. There’s a white shadow if you zoom on her hair.

http://3-EA2-D963-B97-A-4566-8-D4-E-051-E53-A95

http://D6-D7-CF1-C-4-FBE-4792-A8-B1-D0-F7-D3619

I think it was shot next to the trucks

http://50-DDE86-A-35-C4-466-F-8-D74-F9-EA13-B52

+ she’s standing outside without projecting her shadow on the car.

http://B235-C62-F-671-B-47-E2-95-AE-7892-DB796-

I presonally believe Lana had her arms crossed. The position of the final cover is so unnatural :silly:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

12 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

What intrigues me most about the release of Lust For Life is that, when you look back, the album seems so accurate to the time period it was released. I can't explain it, but the album captures the atmosphere of 2017/2018 a lot. Years later we faced a pandemic and witnessed wars, which makes that time still seem OK in comparison.

But there was something in the air - oh, gosh :oic2:- that made me feel uneasy about the world, and suddenly, all of Lana's positive words made sense to me and were necessary - when, previously, it had felt like hype and hysteria.

At the same time, there were so many fun tracks to entertain us. I don't know, but it seemed like she knew a sad album wasn't appropriate at that time.

Lust for life is a gem.

And it was really fucking hot.

Gorgeous post.

Lust For Life is aging like fine wine. The trap beats never feel dated and the journey from the first half bleeding into the second half (with its sadder but still hopeful tone) perfectly captures the transitions Lana probably lived and felt. Is it cohesive? Well maybe not specially when compared to the masterpiece in cohesion that was Honeymoon; does it matter that much to me? Not at all. Lana managed to bottle up the state of the world during that era and deliver her ruminations about it in a way that felt both nostalgic for previous moments in history where social and cultural change were busting at the seams (late 60s for instance) AND ominous for what was about to come - listening to Change now, knowing what was going to happen from 2019 forward, is absolutely haunting. 

LFL will never top NFR, Chemtrails, HM and UV for me but it’s a goddamn great album that is much richer and more textured than what I initially thought upon its release. Its vision, for someone like me - about to turn 30 years old in a couple months - is now crystal clear.

Get Free EATS.

IMG-7960.jpg

Did anyone else get hooked on this Cherry performance that we had before the official release of the song? It was so magical! Her singing is a little different, the song sounds sadder, and the trap beats are more subtle and lower. I even got upset when the studio version wasn't exactly like that, but that's okay. How I miss that era!

the latest tea about lfl really made me think there have to be another earlier tracklist consist of 2015-2016 tracks only.. like, she already had enormous amount of songs recorded and what made her to continue recording songs in 2017 with an obvious different sound and everything while she could absolutely pulled a whole trap hip hop album or an ep or re-release of 2017 songs or stuff like that, WHATERVER, but not to mix it with original witchy concept... cuz now, i genuinely think the first lfl vision was definitely much more darker and witchy-like wow, after this, her, telling that she really liked yosemite but it was too happy for the record makes much more sense:wowcry: i really want 2016 tracklist drafts omfg

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

THIS IS AMAZING

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, bluebanesters said:

what are the leaked lfl outtakes?

serene queen that is rather considered as just a session cuz it was made in the earliest lfl session in one day and was never come back to

yosemite that is released but its original 2015-2016 version

Best american record original 2016 version

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

serene queen that is rather considered as just a session cuz it was made in the earliest lfl session in one day and was never come back to

yosemite that is released but its original 2015-2016 version

Best american record original 2016 version

ty smm, also... what abt valley of the dolls?

2 minutes ago, bluebanesters said:

ty smm, also... what abt valley of the dolls?

valley of the dolls apparently made during the last shadow puppets session and produced by zach dawis and doesnt have to do aanything with lfl, if i die young was believed to be produced in 2017 but later it was revealed that its from 2015 and from honeymoon session so ya, technically we have BAR only as a leaked outtake, 3 snippets for lfl era tracks and sugary sweet snippets that only an acapella idea

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

valley of the dolls apparently made during the last shadow puppets session and produced by zach dawis and doesnt have to do aanything with lfl, if i die young was believed to be produced in 2017 but later it was revealed that its from 2015 and from honeymoon session so ya, technically we have BAR only as a leaked outtake, 3 snippets for lfl era tracks and sugary sweet snippets that only an acapella idea

girl ur so smart:wowcry: