Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Personally I've made my peace with that (even though I was shook with that little chorus she sang). We have amazing tracks like TNC, BPBP, Heroin, Get Free, GBA and Cherry (even better when we get the clean version) to be lusting after a song we haven't heard in full length. 

I am too. I think I've learned from LiB. The record's got tracks so amazing that it kinda makes LiB seem a bit, not as good as it was before. She definitely raised the bar again

UV/Honeymoon

It's nice but definitly not her best. Some of the songs are true gems but as an album, it's pretty messy.
I feel like most of the political, "meaningful" tracks were extremely ambitious but the outcone is not nearly as meaningful as she might think.
It's sad the record does not have an actual opener, it just starts with the two first and most commercial singles ... like a Spotify tracklist.
There are some weird parts of the album and I'm not sure if they'll grow on me, like the way she completely loses it during the second half of Heroin (I prefer the soft beginning), the high-register chorus of WTWWAFJGERJJ which soinds more like a bridge or the middle part of In My Feelings chorus.
Get Free is especially weird, the Lizzie-Grant-chorus has nothing to do with the majestic, dramatic verses.
Gonna listen to it a few more times and then I'll post a full "review"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

If you have an interpretation of the lyrics, I'd love to hear it. It's the only line (with the rainbow pre-chorus from the same song) that has me scratching my head a bit. Beautiful writing, just really wanna know ideas on what it implies in context to the rest of that song, and therefore - as a closer - the rest of the album. :)

it seems really multilayered I'm gonna have to think on it for a bit she has this way of saying just enough to leave you guessing well, I'll start by thinking about Crowley as a person and his beliefs on magic rebelling against "energies combined" kinda gives me the vibe of independence Crowley was convinced his way was the RIGHT way and relied upon a lot of multiperson rituals to im power himself seems like she's saying "enough with the patriarchy,I can be powerful all on my own" idk tho still processing It

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

It's so hard to stay focused on summer research school and not thinking about Lana, the album I haven't heard yet, the London concert on Monday and wishing to listen to that tiny part of Yosemite she sang, and wondering if the album has arrived on the mail yet at home. :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I Iove the album T.T after hours of listen since Wednesday, my favs are Get free, when the world was at war, TNC. 13 beaches also grew on me a lot !

Unpopular opinion: I prefer Coachella over WM >.> (WM is probably the weakest track in the album for me :/)