Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

poor graham thinking high by the beach somehow made it into LFL. Poor, deluded graham x

never know what ur on abt but ur in my prayers xx

this is so unnecessary, Graham is a sweetheart

Anyhow, Love might be my favourite Lana lead. It's a classic

hey gang ! let's all go take a drive to Lana's graveyard ! 

generate_php_line1_20_M_line2_to_Lana_De

almost there !

tenor.gif?itemid=7870011

finally here !!  :hooker:  :hooker:  time to visit some of the graves and pay our respects  :rip:  :worship:

tenor.gif?itemid=7870007

first, let's pay respects to the mother mary statue at the entrance by the other statues !

tenor.gif?itemid=5617907

alright, now let us pray for the Born to Die cover that never was, iirc it was Heartbreak Hotel but Priscilla never allowed it? regardless let us pray :defeated:

generate_php_top1_here_lies_top2_born_to

tenor.gif?itemid=7768380

ooo my god here's the untouchable 5 from UV !! hey gals how u doin ? sucks we can't get ur finished versions  :deadbanana:

generate_php_top1_here_lies_top2_the_unt

tenor.gif

ok ladies onto the next one i see from the several hundred

:rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:  :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:  :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

oh fuxck :crai: it's best american record... lemme pour one out for u homeboy- if you were here you'd like..get it

generate_php_top1_here_lays_top2_the_one

tenor.gif?itemid=7768347

ayyyyy wild ones we love n miss you n we all know with a title like this you'd be lit

generate_php_top1_here_lies_top2_the_bit

tenor.gif?itemid=9624491

roses bloom for you hey baby, don't worry im sure you'll sprout back up- time present and time past will be forever yours <3 in the meantime ayyyyyyy love you girl !!

generate_php_top1_roses_top2_bloom_for_t

tenor.gif?itemid=9819886

onto the last one... my poor, sweet, innocent, undeserving child Yosemite

generate_php_top1_with_peace_and_grace_t

ok goddamnit baby come home TO ME

tenor.gif?itemid=5293997

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

iight we gotta go, we'll visit u guys later, much love to ALL of you ! :crai:

tenor.gif?itemid=3544939

:crai:

also i learned there's an emoticon limit on the site.. i had a good thirty graves oops

I think she has a shot for nomination with AOTY and Love as SOTY, idk about the duet nomination

over Melodrama ? DAMN. ? 4:44 ? Divide ? CTRL ? I want LfL for AOTY as much as any stan does but with how Ed is loved and Lorde is pushed I wouldn't be surprised if they came out on top. DAMN. deserves recognition because lbr at this point Kendrick deserves a win for AOTY after producing 3 incredible and significant albums in a row. 

And with Reputation coming out I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor grabbed any last minute nominations- especially if she's eligible for AOTY

and lets not forget Bodak Yellow which will be a predicted front runner for SOTY along with Shape of You and Despacito; all 3 horrible tracks, I'd be surprised if she's even nominated with how many bigger songs there are to compete with :noparty:

hey gang ! let's all go take a drive to Lana's graveyard ! 

generate_php_line1_20_M_line2_to_Lana_De

almost there !

tenor.gif?itemid=7870011

finally here !!  :hooker:  :hooker:  time to visit some of the graves and pay our respects  :rip:  :worship:

tenor.gif?itemid=7870007

first, let's pay respects to the mother mary statue at the entrance by the other statues !

tenor.gif?itemid=5617907

alright, now let us pray for the Born to Die cover that never was, iirc it was Heartbreak Hotel but Priscilla never allowed it? regardless let us pray :defeated:

generate_php_top1_here_lies_top2_born_to

tenor.gif?itemid=7768380

ooo my god here's the untouchable 5 from UV !! hey gals how u doin ? sucks we can't get ur finished versions  :deadbanana:

generate_php_top1_here_lies_top2_the_unt

tenor.gif

ok ladies onto the next one i see from the several hundred

:rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:  :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:  :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

oh fuxck :crai: it's best american record... lemme pour one out for u homeboy- if you were here you'd like..get it

generate_php_top1_here_lays_top2_the_one

tenor.gif?itemid=7768347

ayyyyy wild ones we love n miss you n we all know with a title like this you'd be lit

generate_php_top1_here_lies_top2_the_bit

tenor.gif?itemid=9624491

roses bloom for you hey baby, don't worry im sure you'll sprout back up- time present and time past will be forever yours <3 in the meantime ayyyyyyy love you girl !!

generate_php_top1_roses_top2_bloom_for_t

tenor.gif?itemid=9819886

onto the last one... my poor, sweet, innocent, undeserving child Yosemite

generate_php_top1_with_peace_and_grace_t

ok goddamnit baby come home TO ME

tenor.gif?itemid=5293997

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

iight we gotta go, we'll visit u guys later, much love to ALL of you ! :crai:

tenor.gif?itemid=3544939

:crai:

also i learned there's an emoticon limit on the site.. i had a good thirty graves oops

I'm truly emotional right now... RBFY how could u?... how could u?

tumblr_mg0ffnoioO1qfr0lbo1_250.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

over Melodrama ? DAMN. ? 4:44 ? Divide ? CTRL ? I want LfL for AOTY as much as any stan does but with how Ed is loved and Lorde is pushed I wouldn't be surprised if they came out on top. DAMN. deserves recognition because lbr at this point Kendrick deserves a win for AOTY after producing 3 incredible and significant albums in a row. 

And with Reputation coming out I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor grabbed any last minute nominations- especially if she's eligible for AOTY

and lets not forget Bodak Yellow which will be a predicted front runner for SOTY along with Shape of You and Despacito; all 3 horrible tracks, I'd be surprised if she's even nominated with how many bigger songs there are to compete with :noparty:

I don't think CTRL will be nominated, Divide does not deserve to be nominated but knowing the grammys it will be. Normally for AOTY they usually have one underdog (Sturgill Simpson last year, Beck when he won) so maybe she could take that spot?

I don't think CTRL will be nominated, Divide does not deserve to be nominated but knowing the grammys it will be. Normally for AOTY they usually have one underdog (Sturgill Simpson last year, Beck when he won) so maybe she could take that spot?

tea !

i think divide as an actual album is extremely mediocre..but knowing their obsession with Ed it's a guaranteed 

honestly Lana could probably win AOTY-Alt if they submitted to that section, Lorde is too big and commercial to not place Pop rather than Alt and Lana has factually been the biggest Alt release all year. honestly dont fucking know why she didnt give to Alt it's genuinely confuses me

mostly because there's like a good 6/16 tracks that even resemble 'pop' 

LfL

Cherry

WM

Summer Bummer

Groupie Love

and In My Feelings

:toofunny:

tea !

i think divide as an actual album is extremely mediocre..but knowing their obsession with Ed it's a guaranteed 

Ed Sheeran literally only knows how to make one song and has just been milking that formula since he came out and I am DONE with his crab apple looking ass!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

I'm truly emotional right now... RBFY how could u?... how could u?

tumblr_mg0ffnoioO1qfr0lbo1_250.gif

it's gonna be ok baby we gonna get thru it

tea !

honestly Lana could probably win AOTY-Alt if they submitted to that section, Lorde is too big and commercial to not place Pop rather than Alt and Lana has factually been the biggest Alt release all year. honestly dont fucking know why she didnt give to Alt it's genuinely confuses me

mostly because there's like a good 6/16 tracks that even resemble 'pop' 

LfL

Cherry

WM

Summer Bummer

Groupie Love

and In My Feelings

:toofunny:

Love and GBA are kinda pop too. Especially GBA.

Anyway, LFL is most likely not getting nominated. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

unfortunately i think you are right  :sadcore:

but even though the grammys are usually so basic i'd still lose the last ounce of hope if damn isn't aoty, everything else is mostly unremarkable and kendrick is the only one i fully respect

ok here's a quick story board of this idea idc if it's old I need to put it to images bc @HoneymoonDaddy has me fucked all the way up- each in different spoilers so not as to ruin having this one post take up an entire page

set scene: a little more daylight but still pretty with clouds n sky

FSoWzoy.gif

then we got Lana looking fine and bad as hell walking down the boardwalk making people turn heads

original.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

then she gets to the end of the boardwalk, camera pans up and around, she jumps off into the water

AXJroi.gif

BUT Rocky n Carti there to catch her (rocky driving then giving it to rocky) (rocky is next to her while she layin down like this, talking and wooing her with sparse water and speedy turn shots along with a lanorama or 2) 

91a04c93dadf9e7af5d04bae0e939537.jpg

(this is where she sings her second full verse n bridge too^)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

also during these shots the video glitches out and instead of the ocean/city background it becomes similar to the lake scenes of love

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_b4h2zqf5l3k8

while Rocky wooing her and rapping he whispers into her ear to get rid of carti bc she's now in love with him

4d3.gif

during the bridge/outro she dances around Carti b4 getting behind him n killin him

tumblr_mpd4uqHZtO1ra47c7o4_250.gif

MV ends with a shot looking out on the water between her heels, 

1.jpg

^that but on the boat with Rocky coming behind her and holding her waist while the boat is on auto driving towards the beach after Lana dumps the body

giphy.gif

ONTO GROUPIE LOVE :flutter:

they get off the beach while Rocky goes an flirts with some chicks, Lana looks over and then back in on the camera; emotion being curious but oblivious, eye transition into a smaller venue 

7b639e6ad080635ed83fd2fc3e0e47fc.jpg

giphy.gif

no we're at said venue and Lana is making her way through the crowd trying to get into a vip table during the first verse and during the chorus we get shots of her lipsyncing Rocky's fake song while actually singing the chorus

tumblr_nt8v4wNd4L1ra5kwho1_250.gif

and then seeing him kneel down and interact with the other girl fans giving them kisses until he turns to her and gives her the big kiss from National Anthem

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

during the second chorus Lana starts to daydream (while getting ready to dance) about them living their life, retro filters come into play here

tumblr_n4hnb1Fe8P1skbu7co1_500.gif

Rocky get's done performing and goes up and chats and kisses another chick while Lana is starting her show, she goes on through it then gives a lapdance to Rocky, yanks his keys and gets the hell out

tenor.gif

ugFb1ah.gif 

TRANSITION TO IN MY FEELINGS

then the rest of the Mv is different scenes is Lana driving with different shots of the car in the state desert area making her way to vegas until she gets pulled over and then woo's the cop, then she takes a drag off of her cigarette and then she's actually driving on the moon smiling (all this time jumpcuts are making quick scenes of her obsessing over Rocky during the previous 2 MV's and she starts to get noticeably more irritated and laughably regretful) 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1342897284_lana-del-rey.jpg

12afad34c9ae6b6aaed2ad2f87275ea9.gif

tumblr_n5gxxbP8Yc1rc3z3ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nowylg6Aey1uvcj31o1_250.gif

then when she get's out the car door it transitions and changes her entire outfit, to.. YOU GUESSED IT

eea81a65895674a7f38d01511c6d8658.gif

this prob came out horrible but idc I spent a decent hour doin all this

e: funner thing is I spent another 45 minutes trying to find the gif's that were incompatible. i'd love if there was an easier way to find out if certain site's gifs were compatible with LanaBoards bc I had to delete a good 7 and now I gotta go find the weak link and replace the ones that actually worked :crossed: this better've paid off ;/

@@Ben Mawson hire me :hooker:

only took me 1 1/2 hrs to find my favorite post ive made jfc :toofunny: