Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Personally I think  the haters of lust hate it because of the title, and the haters of it had a preconceived notion of what the entire album should mean

in their view, and that tainted the whole album for them from the start.  (not to mention didn't totally understand what she meant in remarks she made

that should or should not have been believed

and never actually gave it a chance that they should have.

My view is- they're lost and it's their loss.

Without Lust for Life there wouldn't have been anything before or after as it all is a continuation

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Okay so I finally decided to revamp the track list on my itunes because there are just too many songs i never use anymore & this album contains some of her WORST :rip:

NEW and IMPROVED L4L tracklist:

1. Love

2. Lust for Life

3. Cherry

4. 13 Beaches

5. Summer Bummer

6. White Mustang

7. Groupie Love

8. Change

9. Tomorrow Never Came

10. Heroin

11. Get Free

bam. perfect :legend:

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

Okay so I finally decided to revamp the track list on my itunes because there are just too many songs i never use anymore & this album contains some of her WORST :rip:

NEW and IMPROVED L4L tracklist:

1. Love

2. Lust for Life

3. Cherry

4. 13 Beaches

5. Summer Bummer

6. White Mustang

7. Groupie Love

8. Change

9. Tomorrow Never Came

10. Heroin

11. Get Free

bam. perfect :legend: 

So I did this too and...

01. 13 Beaches

02. Cherry

03. Lust For Life

04. White Mustang

05. Americana (Intetrlude) [The outro from the WM video]

06. God Bless America

07. When The World Was At War We Just Kept Dancing

08. Love

09. Roses Bloom For You

10. Beautiful People (feat. Stevie Nicks)

11. Yosemite

12. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

13. Best American Record

14. Heroin

15. Get Free

So I did this too and...

01. 13 Beaches

02. Cherry

03. Lust For Life

04. White Mustang

05. Americana (Intetrlude) [The outro from the WM video]

06. God Bless America

07. When The World Was At War We Just Kept Dancing

08. Love

09. Roses Bloom For You

10. Beautiful People (feat. Stevie Nicks)

11. Yosemite

12. Best American Record

13. Heroin

14. Get Free

Love it! 13 Beaches definitely should've been the opener. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I really am torn about this album, because on release I considered this to be one of my favorite Lana albums and one of the best, but now I'd probably put it as my least favorite. It does have some really amazing stand out tracks, and there's only really like 3 I'm not crazy about, but as a whole project it's just an absolute mess.

Summer Bummer is a fucking BANGER that should have been a standalone because it makes like no sense in the tracklist

White Mustard, BPBP & GBA should never have existed, there I said it.

Also Groupie Love is fantastic and even though it seems to be an unpopular opinion I love A$AP's verse. It might not be amazing or really add any oomph to the song, I don't feel like it hinders the track

I really am torn about this album, because on release I considered this to be one of my favorite Lana albums and one of the best, but now I'd probably put it as my least favorite. It does have some really amazing stand out tracks, and there's only really like 3 I'm not crazy about, but as a whole project it's just an absolute mess.

Summer Bummer is a fucking BANGER that should have been a standalone because it makes like no sense in the tracklist

White Mustard, BPBP & GBA should never have existed, there I said it.

Also Groupie Love is fantastic and even though it seems to be an unpopular opinion I love A$AP's verse. It might not be amazing or really add any oomph to the song, I don't feel like it hinders the track

I wonder if that unleaked mix features a bridge of some sort given that it’s like 20 seconds longer than the released version

I tried to recreate what could've been the first version of the album, before she started working on it again and added Coachella and other songs (GBA, Cherry, White Mustang, Change).

1-Roses Bloom For You

2-Love

3- Lust For Life

4-13 Beaches

5-Best American Record

6-So Good/Summer Bummer (final version before she added the collaboration, which I'm sure was made last minute)

7-Groupie Love

8-WTWWAWWKD

9-BPBP

10-Tomorrow Never Came

11-Heroin

12-Yosemite

13-Get Free

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

NFR era makes me truely miss how much fun the pre release of LFL was, all those pretty visuals we got for Love, Lust for Life and that iconic album trailer, we were so spoiled

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

i appreciate how it goes from poppier & about relationships to more political/other-than-herself to being solely about herself and her emotions, i appreciate how coachella ties in the trap based music with the more acoustic based music

LfL has some of her best songs ever, some really pretty visuals that had incredible potential

but it's so fucking messy compared to her cohesive records

in my feelings is still her worst song she's ever made and nothing will ever change my mind on that

i appreciate how it goes from poppier & about relationships to more political/other-than-herself to being solely about herself and her emotions, i appreciate how coachella ties in the trap based music with the more acoustic based music

LfL has some of her best songs ever, some really pretty visuals that had incredible potential

but it's so fucking messy compared to her cohesive records

in my feelings is still her worst song she's ever made and nothing will ever change my mind on that

I honestly don't even view it as a messy record anymore I just have blocked certain songs from it from ever existing in my memory and it's a masterpiece

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I honestly don't even view it as a messy record anymore I just have blocked certain songs from it from ever existing in my memory and it's a masterpiece

if i block out coachella then the album becomes a clusterfuck with no semblance of cohesion nor bridge to connect the two different production styles

so i just ignore the record altogether

I'm still not over The Next Best American Record getting scrapped and her giving White Mustang the video instead, ugh, what might have been is an abstraction remaining a perpetual possibility, only in a world of speculation.

qfrWuBl.png

Interesting artist (who reminds me of Joanna Newsom and Sufjan Stevens a bit) stanning LFL. She's battling thyroid cancer so lets all send her positive thoughts.

TMT asks what may have influenced her most recent album and she said:
" ... I don’t know why, I just became obsessed with Lana Del Rey’s 2017 record Lust For Life. Just fucking obsessed. I just thought it was so funny. I think musically it’s incredible, and it’s just so sugary, but I find her lyrics to be fucking hilarious. They’re good, but she takes on this role — I mean, I don’t know how serious she is — to me, she’s like a caricature of something that one would want to critique, but I was just obsessed with that record, and I feel like somehow that record had an influence on this, which is really funny."

So I'm shaking my head more than a bit at all this as I consider LFL her most mainstream commercial album, and I naturally wonder what she might have thought (lyrics wise) of any of LDR's previous albums, which are sometimes more extreme. Then the thought occurs to me that she might be trolling Tiny Mix Tapes a bit, as that nest of pseudo-intellectual critics gave BTD a zero out of 5, and then retroactively gave BTD a 5 out of 5 on the style tag words for Lorde' Pure Heroine review, and THEN had a nervous breakdown trying to review UV (which they never give a score to). Subsequent LDR-TMT reviews have been decent scores (for them).

Interesting artist (who reminds me of Joanna Newsom and Sufjan Stevens a bit) stanning LFL. She's battling thyroid cancer so lets all send her positive thoughts.

https://www.tinymixtapes.com/features/thelma

TMT asks what may have influenced her most recent album and she said:

" ... I don’t know why, I just became obsessed with Lana Del Rey’s 2017 record Lust For Life. Just fucking obsessed. I just thought it was so funny. I think musically it’s incredible, and it’s just so sugary, but I find her lyrics to be fucking hilarious. They’re good, but she takes on this role — I mean, I don’t know how serious she is — to me, she’s like a caricature of something that one would want to critique, but I was just obsessed with that record, and I feel like somehow that record had an influence on this, which is really funny."

So I'm shaking my head more than a bit at all this as I consider LFL her most mainstream commercial album, and I naturally wonder what she might have thought (lyrics wise) of any of LDR's previous albums, which are sometimes more extreme. Then the thought occurs to me that she might be trolling Tiny Mix Tapes a bit, as that nest of pseudo-intellectual critics gave BTD a zero out of 5, and then retroactively gave BTD a 5 out of 5 on the style tag words for Lorde' Pure Heroine review, and THEN had a nervous breakdown trying to review UV (which they never give a score to). Subsequent LDR-TMT reviews have been decent scores (for them).

Like I said before, LFL will be her most underrated album here. Outside LB, the album was acclaimed. It sure is a grower and one to listen to in the summer. Not as raw as UV, not as grand as HM, but it is very well crafted and diverse. That diversity is a plus in her discography, especially since it was released after HM and NFR, two personal and moody album.