Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I finally edited the [Best American Record] Lust for Life tracklist to where I'm happy to actually listen to it

1. Best American Record
  2. 13 Beaches
  3. Cherry
  4. Summer Bummer [solo]
  5. White Mustang
  6. Lust For Life
  7. Groupie Love [solo]
  8. Tomorrow Never Came
  9. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind
  10. God Bless America
  11. Beautiful People
  12. Heroin
  13. Yosemite
  14. Get Free
  15. Young And In Love

I can't even tell if i changed that much lol but I really enjoy this version, it feels like more of a sequel to honeymoon. (I originally had Cherry Blossom after Yosemite but apparently it was recorded in 2013 [???] so I figured it wasn't a fit.)

make this poll public so I can find my new besties AKA the 16 other ppl who voted for Tomorrow Never Came. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I do like LFL. I even love it sometime. But now that I've heard some demos from that era... I'm so sad. Imagining what the album could have been. The demos for Beautiful People, Love, the title track... :cryney: fuck.

I'm just gonna quote somebody from the title track demo's comment section on youtube: "Wish I hadn’t heard this because now I’m pissed about the released version".

:biblio:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 6/26/2021 at 7:27 PM, Mer said:

make this poll public so I can find my new besties AKA the 16 other ppl who voted for Tomorrow Never Came. 

Well, I was one of them! :sass: love that song, underrated masterpiece xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I've been vibing to this album lately :bop: :grinds: Heroin, 13 Beaches, Lust for Life (BladeRunner Version), Groupie Love, When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing, Change... :legend: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Looking back now who'd have known that Lust For Life was to be such a pivotal moment in Lana's career/discography. Lyrically and sonically this was when the shift took place. 

On 6/11/2021 at 1:31 PM, J.R.OMEGA said:

So let me get this correct... you ordered the LFL vinyl from Walmart and it came with an UO hype sticker? Very interesting

What color is the exclusive UO vinyl then? The same coke bottle clear it was previously?

So sorry, I just saw this. But yes, that is correct! WalMart sold UO editions of the LFL vinyls, however maybe they are not coming directly from Walmart, because don't they work similarly to amazon nowadays with sellers using their platform basically, idk how it all works exactly but maybe it's something like that, perhaps a shop had bought a huge amount of stock years ago from UO and held onto it then sold it off during vinyl mania, or maybe it's UO using Walmart to sell off remaining stock, idk that would be crazy but it's definitely all very strange. Anyways mine is still sealed, not sure if and when I will be opening it. 

Can't believe it's already been 4 years since Lust For Life's release :crying4:

HAPPY BDAY LFL! <3

Beskrivning saknas.

Happy 4th Birthday LFL:party:

It's crazy how fast time flies. I remember when my CD arrived on release day & I put it into my Laptop cause I hadn't a music speaker back then. The first listen was amazing & wow still remember that 13 BEACHES, Cherry, Get Free & Heroin, In My Feelings bridge had me flying off my chair onto the floor & to another universe...Change was so beautiful & still is very relatable ..it truly was a mind blowing experience!! It might be her messiest album but it still is so good & summery :trisha::krylie:

It's also so good to have a more" positive" album with songs  like Love or Get Free:heart:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Happy bday Lust for Life! Truly one of my favourite records of all time :flutter:  it's so special to me because it's the one that made me begin to listen to Lana :kiss:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I remember rushing to Picosong :rip: to download the leak :oprah: even though I barely listen to this album nowadays LFL was definitely my favorite first listen experience most songs had me sitting on my bed with my hands around my neck in pure shock and amazement :trisha: the vocals and production were really over the top but its what I miss most about her nowadays :defeated:by far her best era tho she really gave her all in terms of interviews, magazines, videos, live performances; she looked great in all her cute concert outfits I really miss the level of content we got :crai: and the way we thought it was her messiest era at the time :bebe: if only we knew 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I may be sad sometimes thinking about how LFL did turn out when listening to the demos BUT, in the end I've always loved and always will love this summery record. I remember the release like it was yesterday. Call this a highly impopular opinion but Lust For Life does not have a single bad song.

13 Beaches, I love to pieces. (Obviously.) I was so mesmerized when I listened to it for the first time. Truly blown away.

THANK YOU Lanz. Took me a few years to appriciate Love again, but oh it's truly such a cute, wonderful gem. Thank you for the underrated badass anthem In My Feelings. Thank you for every song on this album. This is probably messy but just like the record then huh lol!

Btw, Get Free just may be the best closing track on a album of all time? :defeated:

Happy birthday again, Lust For Life. :wub:

Beskrivning saknas.

Happy birthday Lust For Life :heart:  What a truly underappreciated yet phenomenal album. This album was my first release as an official Lana fan, and I remember being so excited over it. Oddly enough, it's a very nostalgic album for me and a lot of the songs bring me back to a really specific period of my life (I can't listen to Love without envisioning myself in Iowa during October of 2017 lol). It's also the album that gave us Heroin, so for that reason and many more, I am immensely grateful for it 

Out of the black, into the blue :hair:

imageproxy.jpg

Happy birthday LFL! This was the first release I experienced as a fan and this album will forever hold a special place in my heart <3 truly my favorite era 

I'm going to replicate my first listen today, which was in the bath in the dark with tealight candles :flutter: