Lotus

Your favorite song from Lust for Life (POLL)

Your favorite song from Lust for Life  

222 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song from Lana's new album, Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind
    • God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It
    • When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

my top 16

1. cherry
  2. 13 beaches
  3. beautiful ppl beautiful problems
  4. summer bummer
  5. white mustang
  6. get free
  7. groupie love
  8. coachella
  9. god bless america and shit
  10. in my feelings
  11. lust for life
  12. when the world was at war we kept fuckin
  13. tomorrow never came
  14. love
  15. change
  16. heroin

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

my top 16

1. cherry
  2. 13 beaches
  3. beautiful ppl beautiful problems
  4. summer bummer
  5. white mustang
  6. get free
  7. groupie love
  8. coachella
  9. god bless america and shit
  10. in my feelings
  11. lust for life
  12. when the world was at war we kept fuckin
  13. tomorrow never came
  14. love
  15. change
  16. heroin

u heard the leak. what a bad doggo #disappointment

???, ?????????

1 Get Free

2 When the World Was At War We Kept On Dancing

3 Heroin
4 Tomorrow Never Came

5 BPBP

6 13 Beaches

7 Cherry

8 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

9 In My Feelings

10 Change

11 White Mustang 

12 Summer Bummer

13 Groupie Love

14 Love

15 Coachella

16 LFL

Excellent

1 Get Free

2 Change

3 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

4 13 Beaches

5 Lust for Life

Good

6 Love

7 Cherry

8 Groupie Love

9 Summer Bummer

10 Tomorrow Never Came

Okay

11 When the World Was At War We Kept On Dancing

12 Heroin

13 White Mustang

14 In My Feelings

Not good

15 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

16 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

image.png

TOMORROW :gclap: NEVER  :gclap: CAME!!!!  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

Also, I posted this in the pre-release thread, but I'll repost here since a lot of people are posting their rankings here 

Fucking Amazing

Love: Cute opening to the album. We’ve all heard it by now. Her vocals are solid, and the bass is cute and old-fashioned. The lyrics set the “retro-futurism” vibe of the album (signals crossing, etc.). 

Lust for Life: Lots of Lana fans love to hate on this single—and honestly I think it’s because they don’t like The Weeknd that much. In my opinion, this song is fucking immaculate. The spoken word at the beginning is so well-done and very Lana. The spoken word reminds of Bat For Lashes, except better. The percussion and bass during the verses is kinda spooky and I love it. This song has the best production out of any single—and imo, it’s the best single from the album. “My boyfriend’s back and he’s cooler than ever” is such an infectiously cute line. Worst part of this track is the “take off all your clothes” lyric, but it’s absolutely flawless besides that. IMO, this track is complete perfection. It’s the sequel to Stargirl that we all wanted and deserved. 

Tomorrow Never Came: So, I completely hate Sean’s part on this. I’m not a fan of The Beatles because I think they have nasally singing voices and Sean has that EXACT same problem for me. The way he says “Tropic of Cancer” makes me want to throw up. That being said, this is probably my favorite new track on the album. The folk guitar and the melody are just so beautiful to me. Even though I hate Sean’s solo singing, his harmonies are actually very pleasant. The bit about Lennon and Yoko in the bridge is cute. I love this track. 

Great

13 Beaches: The orchestral bit at the beginning reminds me of Honeymoon. She experiments with some electronic-sounding sounds as the song builds up, so it definitely fits the “retro-futurism” theme she said she was going to have with the album. This is probably one of the more experimental tracks on the record for her.  

Summer Bummer: Probably the most polarizing single from the album. The spoken word and piano at the beginning are very spooky and well done. This track immediately grabs your attention. It’s certainly very unique, especially with the Playboi Carti shouting in the background LOL. Rocky’s verse is solid. There’s really nothing you can compare this track to—it’s that unique, which is both a good and a bad thing. I don’t really know who the target audience for this song is, but it’s certainly captivating. Her rap verse is kind of low-energy, but I still love it. The way she sings “high-tops in the summer” in falsetto is so beautiful. 

Groupie Love: Similar to Love, this is another song that has a more “classic” Lana sound. The guitar before the pre-chorus is so vintage-sounding—exactly what she was going for. The lyrics aren’t anything to write home about, but they are just so sweet. It’s great, positive love song. Rocky’s verse is solid. The way he and Lana say “You and I—‘til the day we die!” is so cute. I love this track because it just seems so positive. 

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems: IDK how to feel about this song, because it’s mostly a Stevie Nicks song, and I know some listeners aren’t going to appreciate Stevie nearly as much as I do. I love Stevie’s voice, and I love the vintage-sounding production of the track. That being said, I don’t really think Lana’s and Stevie’s voices go together that well, but it’s still a great track. The collaboration definitely makes a lot more since than the rap features on the album. 

Good

Cherry: I love her singing over the guitar strumming at the beginning of this track, but I cannot stand that sound of a random guy screaming “Hey!!” or “Yuh!!” that we recognize from BTD. It’s so random. Equally random is her whispering “bitch” and “fuck” at random parts of the track. That being said, I love her voice on this track. Lots of people have been listening to the live version of this track for a while, and I think the live version is superior. This studio version has some backing vocals near the end which are really nice, and I love her high singing at the end. 

White Mustang: A really short, simple track. Reminds me of that one car commercial she had where Burning Desire played in the background. Also I love the lyrics of this track, even though she just repeats “White Mustang” over and over during the chorus. I love her singing at the bridge. 

God Bless America: Kind of repetitive, but it’s a nice track. It’s weird to hear a completely positive track from her—but I guess the random gunshots are there to balance it out? Lol. The ascending vocals that kick in at the bridge are PHENOMENAL. I was breathless the first time I heard them. 

WTWWAWWKD: Lyrically, a very strong song. It seems kind of like the dark sequel to Brooklyn Baby, lyricswise. She sings in a high register during the chorus which is nice, but she has stronger vocals in other parts of the album. 

Heroin: Not sure why she’s singing about heroin on an album that’s supposed to be about positivity. This is probably one of the saddest tracks on the album, and it’s full of pop culture references. She kind of slurs her words together and sings like she’s tired—so it’s not exactly a new sound for her. The bridge doesn’t really fit the mood of the rest of the song, but it’s refreshing. Definitely skip this track if you’re trying to be in a good mood, but I still really like it. 

Okay

In My Feelings: Has that random guy in the background screaming “Hey!” that we recognize from BTD. It’s honestly not that bad, it just gets on my nerves a little bit. The melody is a lot more involved than some of the melodies from Honeymoon, but this track doesn't really grab my attention. 

Coachella: This mid-tempo track is pretty wordy. I appreciate the thought that went into this, but the production comes off as kind of sloppy. The trap beats aren’t awful, but the backing “stairway, stairway to heeeAAVeenn” vocals sound kind of cheap. She doesn’t have any strong vocal moments on this track, so it’s not that impressive to me.

Change: The last song she wrote for the album. It’s just a simple piano ballad, and her voice sounds great. It’s definitely all about the lyrics for her on this track. Sonically, this track isn’t too interesting, but I appreciate the thought. 

Get Free: Instead of closing with a cover a Nina Simone song like she usually does, she chose to end this album with an anthemic track. Like Change, this track has some “woke” lyrics. I love how poppy the chorus sounds. The “Out of the black / Into the blue” bits remind me of some of her unreleased vocals, but they sounds kind of harsh in comparison to the rest of the track. 

the only song i recognize from LfL is Yosemite and THATS my final answer. thank you.

tenor.gif

Except for the ones we got before the leak:

Get Free

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

Tomorrow Never Came

Cherry

original.gif