Sign in to follow this  
NamiraWilhelm

ECHO ARENA, LIVERPOOL TUESDAY 22nd AUGUST

She was avsouletly glowing tonight the cherry earrings were cute and the outfit was a let down.. was so shook when she sang yayo but then she gave up towards the end and i was like oh ok.. also screaming at how she still does love acapella because she "hasnt rehearsed it enough" i rlly get the vibe she doesn't like this eras songs that much, she also said ultraviolence is her favourite record shes done before going into SoC. My big big qualms about tonight were the 4 hour waiting time when we got in the arena people were like fainting and staff had to give out sugar sachets.. it was digusting to keep fans waiting standing for so long is this normal place for lana?? I nearly blacked out lmao srry if this is too long just wanted to get it out

She did love acoustic @ Lola but skipped it in krakow. She was already struggling to hit the high notes in ride and vg so she probably didn't feel like doing love bc she knew she wouldn't be abled to sing it properly.

She really needs to work on her voice before the tour and ditch that awful thing she does during the btd chorus '"let me kiss u hard in the pouring raiiIiN".

i76mrxw.png 

She did love acoustic @ Lola but skipped it in krakow. She was already struggling to hit the high notes in ride and vg so she probably didn't feel like doing love bc she knew she wouldn't be abled to sing it properly.

She really needs to work on her voice before the tour and ditch that awful thing she does during the btd chorus '"let me kiss u hard in the pouring raiiIiN".

Yes she has problem hitting some high notes but for me it's not the biggest problem...her voice isn't very stable anymore even in the middle notes...it's like she can't control it..she needs some lessons or a better warm up it's not a bad idea imo

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

WORD. :crossed: Lana, ditch the high note for Born To Die and warm up properly before going on stage. Truer words have never been heard before.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I thought Lana was amazing last night- she was so cute and you could tell she still gets nervous before a performance. Like when she messed up a bit in Shades of Cool she did her signature eye roll and got annoyed with herself. But her vocals were great, 10 times better than what I expected.

Was a bit disappointed in the crowd though, seemed like everyone was stood perfectly still holding their phones in the air to record (felt like I'd fallen into an episode of black mirror) I fully expected people to be getting down like it's Friday night (dancing and grinding in the pale moon light) -like the way her backing dancers were, but nothing. Seemed like a lot of people were there because it sounded cool?

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

except for the promo concerts, Lana is never going to sing more than a couple full songs from any new album

as the song count stays the same, most people going to a show need to hear Video Games and Born to Die and a couple from each album,

and if she doesn't sing those specific songs, then they would be disappointed, especially in festivals as there are more than her biggest fans

there.

and she might have one song (say the 9th song (random number) where that song is changed every night and she might sing solo a few verses of

another

Almost every single unique star in music history (including those like Willie Nelson and Roy Orbison kept their set list the exact same save for 2 songs

their entire life (Willie's set list is still the same).

Imagine if Leonard Cohen didn't sing Hallelujah in all the shows he did when he was alive and touring

as for backing vocals- as Lana layers her vocals, how in hell could she sing the lead and backing vocals? Obviously she can't

Much like Queen and Elton John never sang the entire Bohemian Rhapsody & Funeral for a friend/Love lies bleeding as it is physically impossible

to be in 2 voices at the same time.

Again, it would be fine by me if there were no live concerts at all, and Lana stayed in the studio.

as Rick Nelson wrote and sang and said-

©Rick Nelson) -seems you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

also- if she sang any of the duets without the other person, obviously their vocals would be piped in or someone would replace them.

I wouldn't want anyone else singing Sean's or Rocky's or Abel's or Stevie's vocals, and without their voices, the song isn't the same.

Especially Tomorrow Never Came.

(whereas when she sang National Anthem the video to it showing Rocky was played on the big screen)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I thought Lana was amazing last night- she was so cute and you could tell she still gets nervous before a performance. Like when she messed up a bit in Shades of Cool she did her signature eye roll and got annoyed with herself. But her vocals were great, 10 times better than what I expected.

Was a bit disappointed in the crowd though, seemed like everyone was stood perfectly still holding their phones in the air to record (felt like I'd fallen into an episode of black mirror) I fully expected people to be getting down like it's Friday night (dancing and grinding in the pale moon light) -like the way her backing dancers were, but nothing. Seemed like a lot of people were there because it sounded cool?

girl we were stood still because we had NO energy like I love lana with all my heart but me and all the people near the front couldn't even sing along because of how dehydrated we were like people were fainting and had to be given sugar sachets, can you imagine standing for 4 and a half hours with hardly any water cramped shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of people while some were waiting in line at like 6 am also. I wanted to dance and have fun but like we were all focusing on not fainting  :ohno:

and side note I agree about her vocal capabilities lately idk if it's stage fright but she had a LONG time to practice I noticed she completely avoided the highnote in off to the races. I hope she starts practising and getting her voice together because she used to be alot better she's still awesome tho no hate girls 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

girl we were stood still because we had NO energy like I love lana with all my heart but me and all the people near the front couldn't even sing along because of how dehydrated we were like people were fainting and had to be given sugar sachets, can you imagine standing for 4 and a half hours with hardly any water cramped shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of people while some were waiting in line at like 6 am also. I wanted to dance and have fun but like we were all focusing on not fainting :ohno:

and side note I agree about her vocal capabilities lately idk if it's stage fright but she had a LONG time to practice I noticed she completely avoided the highnote in off to the races. I hope she starts practising and getting her voice together because she used to be alot better she's still awesome tho no hate girls

I am ashamed about it but last year I went to her concert and during some songs I was so tired and didn't pay attention..

I am ashamed about it but last year I went to her concert and during some songs I was so tired and didn't pay attention..

literally my mood towards the end of the show I was just waiting for it be over so I could get water and I never would imagine doing that at a lana concert, I hope this is a one time thing because I'm sure no artist wants to see a bunch of dehydrated tired looking twinks whispering "yaaass..." before fainting  :facepalm:

literally my mood towards the end of the show I was just waiting for it be over so I could get water and I never would imagine doing that at a lana concert, I hope this is a one time thing because I'm sure no artist wants to see a bunch of dehydrated tired looking twinks whispering "yaaass..." before fainting  :facepalm:

Yes I decided next time to arrive a couple of hours before it starts so I am less tired and to enjoy the concert more

me during change. that song is so out of place and she could easily do a way better ballad instead.

i76mrxw.png 

me during change. that song is so out of place and she could easily do a way better ballad instead.

You're right..she could do old money..I think the melody can get you easier than change's..it's not unrelatable to me but totally boring during a concert

This OTTR performance is better than all the 2015-2017 ones (well the one at the outlands festival was very nice imo)

you're joking right? lol her early performance vocals for BTD were a mess lol

She sang a bit of yayo and then wen't 'fuck it' and stopped haha.

lolol i saw the videos for that and omg adorable

I'm not surprised. It's definitely not her best era. At least she knows herself that Ultraviolence was her best album.

you guys wanted another bop album, you got it.

we all know from UV and HM that that's probably not what she wants to sing...........tbh

LOL. he vocals are amazing.

Her behaviour makes me cringe so hard sometimes :/ especially when you think there are other artists there to watch her. No wonder she became a singer, can't get away with that shit in any other profession. She shouldn't now....

you realize she has anxiety right?

people talked shit about Marilyn Monroe doing the same thing..thinking she was just being a diva but really she was having a hard ass time leaving the dressing room because she was terrified she was going to mess up.

ahh my bad then it was probably for cruel world or ultraviolence sorry last night was a bit of a blur for me because I was so dehydrated in that pit  :toofunny:  but she 100% said it since all the crowd next to me and my boyfriend were very happy she said that and were like "queen has good taste!" lol

WHY DID NONE OF YA'LL GO BUY SOME FUCKING WATER lol it's not that hard??

Yes she has problem hitting some high notes but for me it's not the biggest problem...her voice isn't very stable anymore even in the middle notes...it's like she can't control it..she needs some lessons or a better warm up it's not a bad idea imo

1) she smokes.

2) i honestly suspect those puffy cheeks are bulimic cheeks (swollen glans - look way too familiar too me...) - she dropped a lot of weight too fast.

3) both mess with your vocal cords = good luck singing high notes

no one just enjoys concerts anymore. it's really annoying. people should just be allowed to bring a tripod and set up a camera and then be allowed to enjoy the show without watching it via cell phone - if you're just going to do that watch it from home on your phone and give your tickets to someone who will enjoy the show

yes i'm salty.

girl we were stood still because we had NO energy like I love lana with all my heart but me and all the people near the front couldn't even sing along because of how dehydrated we were like people were fainting and had to be given sugar sachets, can you imagine standing for 4 and a half hours with hardly any water cramped shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of people while some were waiting in line at like 6 am also. I wanted to dance and have fun but like we were all focusing on not fainting  :ohno:

SERIOUSLY WHY DID NONE OF YALL GO BUY SOME WATER AT ALL...??!! AT ANY PERIOD OF TIME?!?

~INSTA1.gif

we all know from UV and HM that that's probably not what she wants to sing...........tbh

people talked shit about Marilyn Monroe doing the same thing..thinking she was just being a diva but really she was having a hard ass time leaving the dressing room because she was terrified she was going to mess up.

1) she smokes.

2) i honestly suspect those puffy cheeks are bulimic cheeks (swollen glans - look way too familiar too me...) - she dropped a lot of weight too fast.

no one just enjoys concerts anymore. it's really annoying. people should just be allowed to bring a tripod and set up a camera and then be allowed to enjoy the show without watching it via cell phone - if you're just going to do that watch it from home on your phone and give your tickets to someone who will enjoy the show

yes i'm salty.

SERIOUSLY WHY DID NONE OF YALL GO BUY SOME WATER AT ALL...??!! AT ANY PERIOD OF TIME?!?

Lol I'm not joking, it is a vocal mess but this one has way more emotion than the recent ones, like she's actually portraying her Lolita character here.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Yes! I hate that too! I don't take pictures or film at a show since I'd miss out on the actual live experience.

Problem is - if you drink you have to go to the toilet at some time and then you lose your place in the crowd... (But I'd rather drink and watch the concert from a few rows behind than dehydrating and suffering.)

1) she smokes.

yes i'm salty.

You're not allowed to bring any food or drink items into the actual venue. I didn't see any food or drink stands in the venue either and if there was there was no way to get to them with the amount of people there.

You're not allowed to bring any food or drink items into the actual venue. I didn't see any food or drink stands in the venue either and if there was there was no way to get to them with the amount of people there.

there HAD to have places to get food and drinks? what about people with illnesses? or like this situation? that makes zero sense? lol. def wouldn't be IN the stands though, you'd have to leave the area to get it...but would be worth it so you'd have a good time.

Lol I'm not joking, it is a vocal mess but this one has way more emotion than the recent ones, like she's actually portraying her Lolita character here.

true...fair lol i mean i def have them downloaded on my phone and cringe but i know she's having fun so it's chill lol

Yes! I hate that too! I don't take pictures or film at a show since I'd miss out on the actual live experience.

Problem is - if you drink you have to go to the toilet at some time and then you lose your place in the crowd... (But I'd rather drink and watch the concert from a few rows behind than dehydrating and suffering.)

SAME! the only time i really get video is if my fiance comes and he just simply doesn't like the band we're seeing. like if i dragged him to a Lana show I could probably make him live stream the whole thing unless she did West Coast or High By the Beach (which we know won't happen) cause those are the only songs he likes lolol well he likes off to the races lol. other than that..he'll take a clip and put the phone away and be like "memories okay gotta make sure my fiance doesn't die" (we mostly go to  metal shows and i have panic disorder so crowds in general can cause me to have a bad panic attack so he goes into protective mode lol)

the only other time i've gotten show video was at Flyleaf because i dragged my sister and she HATES rock so i was like here take videos and pics and she was like "okay just warn me when she's gonna be loud" lololol

usually people are nice though (from my experience) - if you talk to them before the show, they'll save your spot while you go get food or drinks and you can rotate. that's what i do at shows or festivals. then you just have to be forceful to get your spot back, because well, you had it and people usually get out of your way when you have your game face on lol.

~INSTA1.gif

That "you guys" won't include me. I never wanted another "bop" album. NEVER. :fact: 

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

there were loads of places to get food and drinks from outside the actual stage/seating area lol