Elle

Next Music Video: White Mustang -- OUT NOW!!!

Oh honey... what post count has to do with anything..?  :um: leaked_version for example has more posts/online time than you yet everyone hated him. Not exactly a "trusted" person don't you think? Hmm... 

I don't need "your trust" anyway, go back to your cauldron.

I can't EVEN @ the unleaked reference:rip:

I personally dont like the video, i feel like your can stick almost any of her songs in there and thats it, i dont like it, i am bit disappointed because WM is my fav song and the video is just no.. But thats just mine opinion 

Well maybe if she does release an EP or something next year with a few left over tracks shell do a video for one, Yosemite?......who knows.

At this point it very much feels like WM is the last video, so if she releases another i'll just consider it a bonus.

The tour is all im interested in now anyway x

Best case scenario: we get an EP with BAR, Yosemite, maybe RBFY and Wild One

Worst cast scentatio: this is the last vid and the era is effectively dead

:,(

What about all that instagram stuff last year, about shooting a video?  There was a witch's broom-stick involved, and Chuck was there.  Anything ever become of that?

drivn_AAA.gif

KaUp1u5.png

What about all that instagram stuff last year, about shooting a video?  There was a witch's broom-stick involved, and Chuck was there.  Anything ever become of that?

drivn_AAA.gif

I was wondering this too. Maybe it was meant for Yosemite? But of course that song got scrapped so...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Whilst the blissful beach sounding instrumentation plays out at the end of Get Free, i'd love to see a close up shot of Lana's face, full of emotion. A tear of joy dripping down her cheek and a beautiful scenery of the ocean reflecting from her eyes, then it fades into white.

Honestly there's so much visual potential in her discography but not much ever comes out of it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Whilst the blissful beach sounding instrumentation plays out at the end of Get Free, i'd love to see a close up shot of Lana's face, full of emotion. A tear of joy dripping down her cheek and a beautiful scenery of the ocean reflecting from her eyes, then it fades into white.

Honestly there's so much visual potential in her discography but not much ever comes out of it

All the journalists would be like "are you finally happy now Lana??" lmao :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

"C’est mon plus grand rôle jusqu’à présent", a confié Edvard Egilsson au magazine islandais mbl.is"Un ami m’a tagué sur un post Facebook. La personne recherchait un mec d’un certain style, avec des longs cheveux et une barbe, pour un vidéoclip. Le lendemain, je mixais dans un club au moment où j’ai reçu un appel de Lana, elle m’a demandé de venir chez elle pour discuter du projet. C’est ce que j’ai fait, on a bavardé, et elle m’a fait écouter plusieurs sons inédits."

from http://www.konbini.com/fr/entertainment-2/video-lana-del-rey-clip-futuriste-white-mustang/

so this guy found the job via a friend through facebook and it's his biggest gig yet (i'm sorry for him that the video had to be so MEH  :$ wish this random guy the best tho) and she had him listen to a lot of unreleased/unleaked sounds. i'm looking at the internet and the french press seems quite warm towards this video given the circumstances with stuff like "lana del rey - an independent woman" i'm pretty sure journalists reacted positively towards coachella mainly because of the sweet sentiment behind it  :crossed:  hummm

An interesting benchmark with which to view anything is nothing. So I can comfortably say the video is better than nothing as it still has some beauty and languor to it. Another interesting benchmark is to compare it to somebody else's video which might have a similar theme. I would nominate Green Light (Lorde). So yeah, Lorde performs the actual song rather nicely, but still nothing really happens. I really think it's the (honesty?) issue about BAR that makes people think it's her worst video, not the execution, per se. And about that, this reviewer makes an interesting point (but doesn't bring up the BAR hypothesis):

As for the meaning of the video, while the "record drop" line of the song seems relevant, given the song also says she didn't phone him (and the song is about regretting that?), I tend to an interpretation where the video's events just occurred inside her head to show her what would have happened if she had. The missile/space launch and Get Free reference ("never got to fly at night because they were caught up in the dance") aren't clear; however, the "Taking roads less traveled" comment on her 2nd WM teaser on her instagram makes me think (aka, imo) the video is intended as feminism-related. 

As others do, I wish the Mariachi-like trumpeting music at the end were better attributed. It would be cool if that were part of a future song that we know nothing about. There may also be a pasodoble reference (though admittedly weak, so I'm stretching here), where the song ends and then the trumpeting begins --pasodoble is a kind of martial dancing patterned after a bullfight, and often used to signify a kind of war of sexes (at least according to a show I used to watch on TV).

i love that while she's showcasing all the drama about herself and her boyfriend the mv showcases another storyline in the back about imminent nuclear war. Or what looks like launching nuclear missiles. I wonder if this is the reason we're getting the video now but i'm probably wrong ... 

The video has grown on me but it would have been great - once she'd decided to use WM instead of BAR - to have filmed some horses, maybe her and a beautiful white horse juxtaposed against a backdrop of the futuristic cityscape? At least that would have tied the song & video together more cohesively.

For the ones who didnt understand the missile - like me, tbh - I think this is the explanation: 

I've read words like Sullen or gloomy associated with my new video. Just wanted to say I find the end scene hopeful because I stand strong. Strong in the midst of outside factors that can't be controlled-symbolized by the missile- and strong because I choose to push him away.

Best case scenario: we get an EP with BAR, Yosemite, maybe RBFY and Wild One

Worst cast scentatio: this is the last vid and the era is effectively dead

:,(

I thought it was a given that this is the last video for the era

Why would she make more

For the ones who didnt understand the missile - like me, tbh - I think this is the explanation: 

I've read words like Sullen or gloomy associated with my new video. Just wanted to say I find the end scene hopeful because I stand strong. Strong in the midst of outside factors that can't be controlled-symbolized by the missile- and strong because I choose to push him away.

I told y'all that she was strong and independent in this video! Finally choosing the right thing, leaving a lousy guy and not sticking with him anymore. :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png