Elle

Next Music Video: White Mustang -- OUT NOW!!!

Ok.

My first thought was "whut?".

Because it starts great, the scene is filled with emotions and you don't know what gonna happen and then she squats over him like gurl I was NOT ready for that. The house and the city look amazing as well - it could actually be in some near future since it still looks similar to our world but the guildings are different.

But then when the guy sits at his desk and just ignores her... it screames Best American Record to me. It's so obvious that this video shooting was made for the song. Too bad she shared that video on her IG story, otherwise it would've been less obvious (for a little while at least).

But she's finally in power - she's dominant, she leaves him and she's ready to live her life the way she wants to. Maybe that's why they also added Get Free. "I wanna move, out of the black, into the blue" kind of feeling.

But man... that bar scene where he's gonna play live... it screams even more of BAR, even though I thought we would get a combo music video with Groupie Love when I saw the teaser footage.

And finally, as already stated in this thread: "All the roads lead to you" is PERFECT for that tunnel where they meet. However, I wonder why they chose to play this line form Get Free "[...] who never got to fly at night 'cause they were caught up in the dance". Does she imply on herself and this guy in the video for that part? Even though it makes no sense at all? And the trumpet solo makes no sense either, it just feels like a filler to make the video longer. It was great in the teaser clips, but here... with all the "flashbacks" (a.k.a. re-used footage as fillers) is just a nope from me.

And then she clearly leaves him.

The end.

But like... Lana. You look gorgeous. Love your earrings, heels, dress and makeup. And the futuristic city. But this video makes no sense at all since it's so obvious that it was made for BAR and all the mimic scenes are gone.

Nope. :crossed:

Although I have to say that this might have been one of her videos with the better production, along with Love.

Gurl, im glad the video told so much to you because all i got was some glamour shots and holding hands.

My 2 cents... this was absolutely the music video for BAR - I need someone in the Lanaverse to overlay the video w/ BAR audio, thank you in advance - I'm pretty sure there is no white mustang in the video, the lyrics of BAR match-up way more than the lyrics to WM, the fact that the length of BAR is way closer to the length of the video versus WM, Lana singing BAR in her Insta story, the video shows her driving on the highway (which she mentions driving on the 405 in BAR; a highway in LA - she does not mention her driving in WM), singing about her love interest being obsessed with writing the "next best American record" and in the video her love interest appears to be writing music - Everything points to this video being re-purposed for WM and not BAR (the intended single)

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

My 2 cents... this was absolutely the music video for BAR - I need someone in the Lanaverse to overlay the video w/ BAR audio, thank you in advance - I'm pretty sure there is no white mustang in the video, the lyrics of BAR match-up way more than the lyrics to WM, the fact that the length of BAR is way closer to the length of the video versus WM, Lana singing BAR in her Insta story, the video shows her driving on the highway (which she mentions driving on the 405 in BAR; a highway in LA - she does not mention her driving in WM), singing about her love interest being obsessed with writing the "next best American record" and in the video her love interest appears to be writing music - Everything points to this video being re-purposed for WM and not BAR (the intended single)

True :( And yes, we need to overlay the video with BAR to get a REAL EXPERIENCE of what it would be

I'm trying to make a video of the footage and the BAR song, but I can't find it on Picosong right now? I lost the link I think. :(

Edit: Found it!

Ok.

My first thought was "whut?".

Because it starts great, the scene is filled with emotions and you don't know what gonna happen and then she squats over him like gurl I was NOT ready for that. The house and the city look amazing as well - it could actually be in some near future since it still looks similar to our world but the guildings are different.

But then when the guy sits at his desk and just ignores her... it screames Best American Record to me. It's so obvious that this video shooting was made for the song. Too bad she shared that video on her IG story, otherwise it would've been less obvious (for a little while at least).

But she's finally in power - she's dominant, she leaves him and she's ready to live her life the way she wants to. Maybe that's why they also added Get Free. "I wanna move, out of the black, into the blue" kind of feeling.

But man... that bar scene where he's gonna play live... it screams even more of BAR, even though I thought we would get a combo music video with Groupie Love when I saw the teaser footage.

And finally, as already stated in this thread: "All the roads lead to you" is PERFECT for that tunnel where they meet. However, I wonder why they chose to play this line form Get Free "[...] who never got to fly at night 'cause they were caught up in the dance". Does she imply on herself and this guy in the video for that part? Even though it makes no sense at all? And the trumpet solo makes no sense either, it just feels like a filler to make the video longer. It was great in the teaser clips, but here... with all the "flashbacks" (a.k.a. re-used footage as fillers) is just a nope from me.

And then she clearly leaves him.

The end.

But like... Lana. You look gorgeous. Love your earrings, heels, dress and makeup. And the futuristic city. But this video makes no sense at all since it's so obvious that it was made for BAR and all the mimic scenes are gone.

Nope. :crossed:
Although I have to say that this might have been one of her videos with the better production, along with Love.

Let me also add that the missile was kinda off as well - I have no idead why it was added to the video. I know that Lana is worried, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the lyrics??

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

One detail that I liked was when the guy was standing in front of the mantelpiece, and you can see a framed picture of Bob Dylan behind him.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I had to go listen to BAR to see what you guys mean and yep, it fits the video way more than WM.

I don't know what is wrong with Lana. Seriously, she's so random sometimes. The video doesn't fit the song at all. And she made such a big deal about this video and it turned out like this.

The video looks good though. It just doesn't make sense using it with WM.

Fayyt7N.png