litewave

The Paradise and the esoteric origin of mankind

WARNING: POSSIBLY STUPID QUESTIONS AHEAD

Okay, so I've looked up metaphysics on Wikipedia and followed the rabbit trail of links that article spawned. And I'm still totally confused.

What is metaphysics based on? What is the first thing that a Metaphysics 101 professor would say to brand-new metaphysics students, or students contemplating taking metaphysics? Where are you coming up with this stuff? To what extent is it intentionally speculative? Is there a sacred text, or is it just sort of a boiling down of all the sacred texts of human religions in an attempt to figure out what is in the collective unconscious, and thus to trace back the clues to the ultimate origins of mankind?

SPOILER ALERT:

And is the answer supposed to be, "aliens"? How does metaphysics relate to panspermia, if at all?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Okay, so I've looked up metaphysics on Wikipedia and followed the rabbit trail of links that article spawned. And I'm still totally confused.

What is metaphysics based on? What is the first thing that a Metaphysics 101 professor would say to brand-new metaphysics students, or students contemplating taking metaphysics? Where are you coming up with this stuff? To what extent is it intentionally speculative? Is there a sacred text, or is it just sort of a boiling down of all the sacred texts of human religions in an attempt to figure out what is in the collective unconscious, and thus to trace back the clues to the ultimate origins of mankind?

I think it's something like

PerennialPhilsophy.jpg

The metaphysic that recognises a divine Reality substantial to the world of things and lives and minds; the psychology that finds in the soul something similar to, or even identical with, divine Reality; the ethic that places man's final end in the knowledge of the immanent and transcendent Ground of all being — the thing is immemorial and universal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perennial_Philosophy

https://archive.org/details/perennialphilosp035505mbp

And is the answer supposed to be, "aliens"? How does metaphysics relate to panspermia, if at all?

It was all for you. She tells you all the time.

SPOILER ALERT:

I haven't studied philosophy in a systematic way but I have long been fascinated by some fundamental questions about reality, which I guess boil down to this one: Why is there something instead of nothing? Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that deals with such fundamental questions but today the word is also associated with study of a "spiritual world". I am interested in metaphysics in both senses.

Philosophy, unlike natural science, is not based on rigorous physical evidence but mainly on logic, thought, feeling and tries to come up with meaningful or plausible explanations not necessarily confirmed by physical evidence. It seems to be more about musing about possibilities than having a concrete definite answer. Philosophy and science should inform each other, and they often do. I am not a scientist either but I like to read popular literature especially on modern physics because modern physics is investigating pretty fundamental stuff too like the nature of matter, space, time and the origin of the universe. Another interesting area is parallels between religious and scientific concepts.

Regarding the origin of life, I can imagine that life is purely physical; whether it originated on earth or the seeds were transported here by a meteorite (theory of panspermia) is not particularly interesting to me. What is interesting to me is whether life, especially our human life, is really purely physical or if there is also a non-physical component as claimed by religious traditions (a consciousness or soul that survives the death of physical body) and where this comes from and goes to. It is conceivable that there may be other worlds than the physical one we know and this idea is now being pondered in physics too (string/M-theory, multiverse). Aliens (including ourselves!) may actually come from those other worlds.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

One studying Philosophy would first encounter Plato's Theory of Forms, in which it was posited that there exist certain pre-existent archetypes that are then realized in matter (burned into her brain are stolen images)

WARNING: ARCANE EGYPTIAN GNOSTIC HERESIES AHEAD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentinianism#cite_note-14

For the genesis of Apollo from Isis and Osiris that took place while the Gods were still in the womb of Rhea, is an enigmatical way of stating that before this [sensible] cosmos became manifest, and Matter was perfected by Reason (Logos), Nature, proving herself imperfect, of herself brought forth her first birth. Wherefore also they say that that God was lame in the dark, and call him Elder Horus; for he was not cosmos, but a sort of image and phantasm of the world which was to be.

If Plutarch is not mistaken, Isis was the same with the self-existent Divine Wisdom . . . Apollo, or the elder Horus, born of Isis while yet in the womb of her mother Rhea, allegorises the ancient difficulty of accounting for the origin of matter, otherwise than by making it co-ordinate with the ideal forms that it should eventually take. This part of the Egyptian myth must certainly have suggested the idea of the Valentinian Demiurge; as Isis did of Sophia or Achamoth . . . "For Isis is the female principle of nature, the recipient of every Gnostic natural product, as the nurse and comprehensive principle (πανδεχής) in Plato. But by the many she is called the million-named, for moulded (τρεπομένη f. l. τυπουμένη) by reason she embraces all forms and ideas. And congenital with her is Love of the first and mightiest of all, which is one and the same with the Good; this she desires and follows after, but she avoids and repels all participation with Evil, being to both indeed as space and matter, but inclining always of her own accord to the better principle, occasioning in it the procreative impulse of inseminating her with emanations and types in which she rejoices and exults, as impregnated with produce. For produce is the material image of Substance, and the contingent is an imitation of that which IS."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeon_%28Gnosticism%29#Anthropos

As the world is an image of the living Aeon (tou zontos aionos), so is man an image of the pre-existent man of the anthrops proon. Valentinus . . . spoke of the Sophia as an artist (zographos) making this visible lower world a picture of the glorious Archetype . . . .

"I believe in the person I want to become" http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5098-ldr-interview-with-austrian-newspaper-krone/&do=findComment&comment=200510

LDR: Absolutely. I think that dreams are as important as reality. I learned that from the author Charles F. Haanel who wrote a book named “The Master Key System”. I still remember when I was really young and dreamt about my future. This imagined future kept manifesting itself to my reality/becoming more and more my reality. This manifestation (?) is very important for imagining your inner world and believing in your dreams.

Alchemical theurgy, as said, is a participation in the creation of the universe. Lana's Shadow is "a sort of image and phantasm of the world which was to be," living on the dark side of the American Dream. She as Sophia :pray2: has projected an archetype or aspect of herself, as a dream of the future, into the Kenoma, down on the West Coast, where the hylic eikons dwell. But we could go back to New York; back to the Pleroma where Heaven is her Brooklyn Baby.

Her videos are "archetypal visions" or further crystallizations of her Ideas in the field of space-time, as she hears the Sirens calling from the darkness.

The Swan and Shadow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenoma

The pleroma is the abode of the Æons . . . they are, or they comprise, the eternal ideas or archetypes of the Platonic philosophy. . . . Separated from this celestial region . . . lies the ‘kenoma’ or ‘void’—the kingdom of this world, the region of matter and material things, the land of shadow and darkness. . . . Here reside all those phenomenal, deceptive, transitory things, of which the eternal counterparts are found only in the pleroma. . . . All things are set off one against another in these two regions: just as

The swan on still St Mary’s lake
Floats double, swan and shadow.

. . . There is one Sophia in the supramundane region, and another in the mundane . . . The topographical conception of the pleroma moreover is carried out in the details of the imagery. The second Sophia, called also Achamoth, is the desire, the offspring, of her elder namesake, separated from her mother, cast out of the pleroma, and left ‘stranded’ in the void beyond . . . .

The two Sophias being Mary and Eve ...

So, aliens? "Compelled by burning desire ..."

Life imitates art...

"Art" is the Pleroma, the realm of perfect Platonic forms or concepts that transcends spacetime. These forms are abstract, general, like Tree, Beauty, 35 (a number) etc. They manifest in concrete worlds, in spacetime or Kenoma, as concrete, particular forms, like concrete trees, concrete beautiful things, 35 concrete things etc. This manifestation is "life", partial, incomplete representations of the more general forms, in particular locations of spacetime. Spacetime itself can be regarded as one of the general forms in Pleroma, in which other general forms have particular, differentiated representations (parts).

In other words, Pleroma is God, whose manifestation in spacetime is creation (both the activity and the product).

"Ultraviolence" video = the Subject (holding the camera) and Object approaching a state of Blessed Union; the Bride of Christ waiting for an absent (dead?) husband

As Pitchfork asked of Born to Die ... "Is that all there is?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAXm2aCRE8

Black leather wedding dress http://books.google.com/books?id=fcXuV_U_-LgC&pg=PT127&dq=isis+black+veil&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Wp3eU7uYJ6OKjALql4DQDQ&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=isis%20black%20veil&f=false

4mRFrmn.jpg

("Finite and short-lived": Born to Die)

IJvx6Zr.jpg

("The divine radiance": Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue)

b6RPmdO.jpg

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Binah (Isis) drawing and holding the fire of Chokmah

I note that Lana consistently inhabits Isiac archetypes http://lanasdaily.tumblr.com/post/86807175923/lana-del-rey-interviewed-for-intro-magazine-june-2014

But as well for Europe as the US it applies that beauty and youth are admired.

Not only in our culture. A beautiful woman is archetypical, that also applies for the ages of the old Egypt.

cOn9qDp.jpg

The High Priestess = Isis http://books.google.com/books?id=ac8XpyUuTIUC&pg=PA22&dq=%22high+priestess%22+isis+tarot&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TJHeU5zYL5DwigL0sICYDw&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=%22high%20priestess%22%20isis%20tarot&f=false

The Rider waits ...

i3MQ3ym.jpg

The "National Anthem" video = Isis (Jackie in alchemical gold) mourning Osiris (JFK) slain by Set (Oswald)--this song is immediately followed by "Dark Paradise" on BTD--"I wish I was dead, dead like you"

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3023186/the-director-of-lana-del-reys-tropico-film-helps-us-make-sense-of-it-all

Mandler, whose “National Anthem” video for Del Rey reimagined both Kennedy’s “Camelot” and his assassination with Del Rey as Jackie and rapper A$AP Rocky as JFK, says that Tropico is inspired by the assassination, and the way it shattered American culture.

“The Americana vision of the last 50 years obviously starts with Kennedy,” he says. “For so many people, it’s almost like the first page of a new Bible--a new testament--when it comes to the idea of pop culture, which was kind of the death of the American icon, and the shattering of the kingdom, and what that spawned.”

The Garden of Eden (Dark Paradise) of Tropico is the Egyptian First Time (Zep Tepi) where the eternal archetypes of the gods dwell (Elvis being the archetypal Sun King); it is here that Osiris-JFK is slain as part of the primordial creative act--please refer to Mircea Eliade's Cosmos and History where this is elucidated: https://archive.org/details/CosmosAndHistorytheMythOfEternalReturn

This is layered in macrocosmic and microcosmic dimensions; i.e. the creation of the universe is re-enacted in the psyche of the individual. There is an apple and a strawberry. In wishing to be "like the gods," the Gnostic Eve as Sophia plucks the forbidden fruit down on the West Coast and shatters the illusory Garden ruled by the Demiurge. (This is difficult to explain ...)

Cause I'm your jazz singer
And you're my cult leader
I love you forever,
I love you forever

With his ultraviolence
(lay me down tonight)
Ultraviolence
(in my linen and curls)
Ultraviolence

G3wwQwa.jpg

Elizabeth Wool-ridge is made an Isiac initiate through the actions of her Cult Leader-Hierophant, and thus embodies a Priestess of Isis in her linens and curls and flower crowns

"Ultraviolence" video = the Subject (holding the camera) and Object approaching a state of Blessed Union; the Bride of Christ waiting for an absent (dead?) husband

As Pitchfork asked of Born to Die ... "is that all there is?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JAXm2aCRE8

Black leather wedding dress http://books.google.com/books?id=fcXuV_U_-LgC&pg=PT127&dq=isis+black+veil&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Wp3eU7uYJ6OKjALql4DQDQ&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=isis%20black%20veil&f=false

4mRFrmn.jpg

("Finite and short-lived": Born to Die)

IJvx6Zr.jpg

("The divine radiance": Life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue)

b6RPmdO.jpg

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Binah (Isis) Drawing and holding the fire of Chokmah

I note that Lana consistently inhabits Isiac archetypes http://lanasdaily.tumblr.com/post/86807175923/lana-del-rey-interviewed-for-intro-magazine-june-2014

cOn9qDp.jpg

The High Priestess = Isis http://books.google.com/books?id=ac8XpyUuTIUC&pg=PA22&dq=%22high+priestess%22+isis+tarot&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TJHeU5zYL5DwigL0sICYDw&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=%22high%20priestess%22%20isis%20tarot&f=false

The Rider waits ...

i3MQ3ym.jpg

The "National Anthem" video = Isis (Jackie in alchemical gold) mourning Osiris (JFK) slain by Set (Oswald)--this song is immediately followed by "Dark Paradise" on BTD--"I wish I was dead, dead like you"

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3023186/the-director-of-lana-del-reys-tropico-film-helps-us-make-sense-of-it-all

The Garden of Eden (Dark Paradise) of Tropico is the Egyptian First Time (Zep Tepi) where the eternal archetypes of the gods dwell (Elvis being the archetypal Sun King); it is here that Osiris-JFK is slain as part of the primordial creative act--please refer to Mircea Eliade's Cosmos and History where this is elucidated: https://archive.org/details/CosmosAndHistorytheMythOfEternalReturn

This is layered in macrocosmic and microcosmic dimensions; i.e. the creation of the universe is re-enacted in the psyche of the individual. There is an apple and a strawberry. In wishing to be "like the gods," the Gnostic Eve as Sophia plucks the forbidden fruit down on the West Coast and shatters the illusory Garden ruled by the Demiurge. (This is difficult to explain ...)

Cause I'm your jazz singer

And you're my cult leader

I love you forever,

I love you forever

With his ultraviolence

(lay me down tonight)

Ultraviolence

(in my linen and curls)

Ultraviolence

G3wwQwa.jpg

Elizabeth Wool-ridge is made an Isiac initiate through the actions of her Cult Leader-Hierophant, and thus embodies a Priestess of Isis in her linens and curls and flower crowns

HOLY SHIT I love you and want to have your babies... I just realised TWO things from your post:

1) Lana Del Rey = Wool of the King =Woolridge... like whatever! :suicide: How did I not catch that before???

and

2) Lana being a lone bride marrying an unseen man (or her absentee cult leader?) is so similar to the Source yet again! Isis Aquarian considers herself to still be a wife to Jim Baker aka Yahoweh as an "Aquarian Nun" It seems like Isis is the one to coin that phrase as there really isn't much when you google, but interesting nonetheless...

2) Lana being a lone bride marrying an unseen man (or her absentee cult leader?) is so similar to the Source yet again! Isis Aquarian considers herself to still be a wife to Jim Baker aka Yahoweh as an "Aquarian Nun" It seems like Isis is the one to coin that phrase as there really isn't much when you google, but interesting nonetheless...

Yessss ... to reiterate, Isis is Binah and the "Father Yod" is Chokmah, so the symbolism works perfectly http://books.google.com/books?id=k8IhDd70eG0C&pg=PA55&dq=isis+binah+yod+chokmah&hl=en&sa=X&ei=M8bfU86cCKaWigKFpIC4Cw&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=isis%20binah%20yod%20chokmah&f=false

vNhog94.jpg

A1hL6WD.jpg

Sad Girl

rZvJCSh.jpg

Back to New York / Source (America = the New Jerusalem as the Bride)

Goddess is coming for the sacred marriage but god is still caught up in his video games and she can't break through that virtual world.

hijoeputa concha tu mae se me derritió el cerebro  :defeated:  I wonder if Lana is really into all this stuff :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

Imagine Lana really being in to all this  stuff!! I don't get why people ask her dumb shit but won't ask her this :teehee:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

I know it's fun to analyze Lana's music like this, but c'mon, even Lana has referred to herself as 'simple' in the way that she just likes the look of certain things like the American flag. I'm sure many of the symbols she uses do mean a lot to her in a personal way (e.g. religious symbols due to her Catholic upbringing) but I don't believe for a second that she's consulting esoteric literature and carefully placing symbols of archetypcally psycho-spiritual significance in her own work. And why would she take something as banal as video games to be a metaphoric reference to the soul's relation to the ego, only to repeatedly state that it's about a boyfriend she had who played a lot of video games? Some of the interpretations, like Carmen representing the charm of the material/sensory world and the loss/enslavement of the ego are valid from an unconscious perspective, but the same applies for any song or artistic work relating to substance addiction and dependency on fame.

Unless I totally misunderstood this thread and you're not trying to claim that Lana is consciously making any of these references?

I know it's fun to analyze Lana's music like this, but c'mon, even Lana has referred to herself as 'simple' in the way that she just likes the look of certain things like the American flag. I'm sure many of the symbols she uses do mean a lot to her in a personal way (e.g. religious symbols due to her Catholic upbringing) but I don't believe for a second that she's consulting esoteric literature and carefully placing symbols of archetypcally psycho-spiritual significance in her own work. And why would she take something as banal as video games to be a metaphoric reference to the soul's relation to the ego, only to repeatedly state that it's about a boyfriend she had who played a lot of video games? Some of the interpretations, like Carmen representing the charm of the material/sensory world and the loss/enslavement of the ego are valid from an unconscious perspective, but the same applies for any song or artistic work relating to substance addiction and dependency on fame.

A lot of this was "just for fun" I admit. But in Tropico she uses these themes in an overt way -- i.e. Adam and Eve as Subject and Object are lost in the land of Gods and Monsters after falling away from Paradise; Eve dons her red party bikini and goes Go-Go Dancer as Adam eats the apple of sensory oblivion, before ultimately passing into a state of regeneration. And what she said of "Video Games" was that the verses were about one relationship, while the chorus was about another relationship altogether. A progression from particular to general. But still wild speculation in the dark.

"If you don't get it, then forget it / 'Cause I don't have to fucking explain it" http://www.brainpickings.org/2015/07/09/flannery-oconnor-mystery-and-manners-art/

They say the reader knows nothing about art, and that if you are going to reach him, you have to be humble enough to descend to his level. This supposes either that the aim of art is to teach, which it is not, or that to create anything which is simply a good-in-itself is a waste of time. Art never responds to the wish to make it democratic; it is not for everybody; it is only for those who are willing to undergo the effort needed to understand it. 

"Obviously the quest for peace, the quest for knowledge of something bigger is…that’s the end game. That’s what I’m really interested in."

The texts are guideposts to archetypal realities written by other Seers but are not necessarily indicative of what she has read. Jane Leade and Ibn Arabi may not have read each other, either.

​Running parallel with the first Adam that was planted in Paradise; who had his Virgin in himself, and should have brought forth a God-like Off-spring; but that he turned his Eye from the Divine Essential Virgin within himself to speculate the Outward Creation, and so his desire being captivated therein, he fell into a slumber, losing thereby the Supercelestial Element and his true Virgin; so that God saw it necessary to give him a Terrestrial help. Thro’ which all low mortal Births have sprung forth, which a Death (at least) Mystical must pass upon, till the Second Adam, which is the Lord from Heaven in a new Principle of Light and Life, shall put forth as a Paradisiacal Plant again by a renewed Virgin-Generation: that shall be out of all danger of being deflowered. Because it is secured as being now no more twain, but one Spirit with God and the Lamb: so fast tied in this Matrimonial Union, as that no subtlety or wiles of the Serpent and all his Hierarchy shall ever nullifie or make void. For the Paradisiacal Property which was in Locality, no place for it is found: but the Inward and Mystical rising from another Fund or Ground shall remain Inviolable; as arched about with flaming Seraphims for a glorious defense. Wherein Inclosed is the Second Adam with his Virgin Spouse, the Eternal Wisdom, who without any molestation shall bring forth the children of the New Creation: so multiplying and replenishing the New Earth and Heavens, Gen.1.28, Rev. 21.1. To these new modelled and God-formed Creatures, the lost and disappeared Angelical Image, with Soveraignty and dominion shall be Restored again. 

~hunnymoon~

Unless I totally misunderstood this thread and you're not trying to claim that Lana is consciously making any of these references?

For me it's an open question to what extent Lana consciously/rationally employs esoteric symbolism in her songs and videos. Much of it may be based on feelings, which seems to be generally the way of artists. And there are parallels between exoteric and esoteric meanings, like the relationship between man and woman and the relation between ego and soul or masculinity and femininity within oneself. For Lana, the exoteric meaning may be primary or sometimes even the only one but she seems to at least unconsciously intuit also the more subtle, spiritual dimension of it, judging from her poetry, haunting music and religious imagery in videos. She lifts the mundane to that higher level.

She has also explicitely stated her interest in metaphysics both in the academic/philosophical sense (which she actually studied at university) and in the popular/spiritual sense. Which too may influence her art, even if not in a direct or fully conscious way.

At the bottom it is quite simple: masculine and feminine, analysis and synthesis, differentiation and unification, definiteness and ambiguity, individuality and collective, part and whole... It is the implications that follow from this dichotomy that make reality complex.

After reading this whole thread, being really into what y'all are talking about yet not being able to understand anything because of the big ass words and ideas you guys are using I've decided I'm going to read philosophy for dummies 3 times and come back here when I'm ready  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

A lot of this was "just for fun" I admit. But in Tropico she uses these themes in an overt way -- i.e. Adam and Eve as Subject and Object are lost in the land of Gods and Monsters after falling away from Paradise; Eve dons her red party bikini and goes Go-Go Dancer as Adam eats the apple of sensory oblivion, before ultimately passing into a state of regeneration. And what she said of "Video Games" was that the verses were about one relationship, while the chorus was about another relationship altogether. A progression from particular to general. But still wild speculation in the dark.

The themes in Tropico aren't exactly 'esoteric' though, seeing as anyone with a basic education knows the story of the fall of man from the book of Genesis. I doubt even Lana herself remembers the last time she sat down with her Bible, she simply referenced the most iconic and prominent figures/themes in Christianity just as she referenced the most iconic Hollwood figures of the 20th century.

Lana did say the chorus of Video Games was about another relationship, but not with someone else, rather the ideal relationship she fantasized about having with that boyfriend.

I realize Lana isn't an airhead who can't see beyond red party dresses and pretty flags waving in the wind, it's just obvious to me that her interests in philosophy and metaphysics aren't strongly reflected in her music, seeing as a good majority of her work focuses on romantic relationships, and the lyrics she chooses are almost always intuitive, i.e. she states her thoughts/feelings, as opposed to creating symbols or metaphors to describe them. This is why I wouldn't call Lana a 'poet' even though I consider her to be a superb lyricist at times.

Seeing as Lana knows the power of dramatic value in art on a level that most of her pop contemporaries don't, I can see why it would be more interesting to do an analytical breakdown of her work than someone else's, but it can really be done with just about anyone. If you don't believe me, you have only to look up the esoteric interpretations of popular videos created by Illuminati conspiracy theorists.

Seeing as Lana knows the power of dramatic value in art on a level that most of her pop contemporaries don't, I can see why it would be more interesting to do an analytical breakdown of her work than someone else's, but it can really be done with just about anyone. If you don't believe me, you have only to look up the esoteric interpretations of popular videos created by Illuminati conspiracy theorists.

It would be strange if Lana was the only musician with esoteric messages. Such information can be accessed from books, internet, other artists or from within oneself. I can see it in the work of Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, Rihanna etc. Personally I am not into paranoid interpretations like those of Illuminati/conspiracy theorists. I think they don't go deep enough into the nature of reality and derive their worldview from arbitrary fragments they feel threatened by.

Personally I am not into paranoid interpretations like those of Illuminati/conspiracy theorists. I think they don't go deep enough into the nature of reality and derive their worldview from arbitrary fragments they feel threatened by.

I'm not into them either, but they're a great example of how you can deduce just about anything you want depending on what it is you're looking for, which I think is very much applicable here (as is the disproportionate focus on 'arbitrary fragments' of artists' work).

tumblr_njhh2aRxW11u3u0jjo1_540.jpg

A Bible? Probably around this time http://biblehub.com/psalms/146-3.htm

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/5121-lana-del-rey-covers-rolling-stone-august-2014/page-2

MvICtNU.png

http://www.livereal.com/spiritual_arena/perennial_philosophy_evidence.htm

It's popular nowadays to talk about "de-construction" - taking any belief or worldview and tracing it back to it's origin, explaining it in terms of the influence of one's historical period, culture, gender bias, etc, etc.

But the question comes up: in regards to religion and spirituality, is there any aspect of it that can't be "deconstructed"?

Many folks speak of an ageless "Perennial Philosophy," a tradition of truth seekers (and finders) that survives, in one form or another, throughout practically all ages, times, and cultures, a system that practices a type of empirical theology - based not on theory, rumor, speculation, or imagination, but on direct experience.

yTKQY0z.png

8LvPUzu.png

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/21/323209791/lana-del-rey-i-dont-have-other-people-in-mind

hDAd1XK.png