Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Original Album Titles

I was thinking just now about the original album titles, and noticed we don't have a thread comprising of them... So here it is

LANA DEL RAY

1. Nevada
  2. God Bless America

BORN TO DIE

1. G. B. A. (God Bless America)
  2. The Best of Lana Del Rey
  3. The Revenge of Lana Del Rey
  4. The World is Ours
  5. Do You Luv Me Yet?
  6. Born 2 Die

ULTRAVIOLENCE

• Lana said Ultraviolence was always the title, but I wonder what the original UV album was called

HONEYMOON

1. Music To Watch Boys To

LUST FOR LIFE

1. (The Next) Best American Record

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

also unconfirmed, but i wonder if lost for life was considered for a title at one point or if it has some other meaning

I think that was just a lil joke for the post, but that would be a really nice title. I also wonder at what point did Lana truly think of LFL as the title instead of BAR

also didnt Eclipse said that BAR was never a title track? and it was also renamed into Architecture

He never said either. After he learned that BAR was changed, then he said it's not the title. But he never said that it wasnt ever the title at a point

omg I love the album name for 'Nevada'

i never really thought about it but every song legitimately sounds like Nevada

"Music to Watch Boys To" was never confirmed as an album title. She said "I've got an idea for a record called Music to Watch Boys To", but she uses the word "record" interchangeably as a synonym for "song" and "LP album".

Yeah I think UV was always UV, but Black Beauty was like the "center" or the "essence" of that album originally, I don't remember where I read that though.

BORN TO DIE

1. G. B. A. (God Bless America)
  2. The Best of Lana Del Rey
  3. The Revenge of Lana Del Rey
  4. The World is Ours
  5. Do You Luv Me Yet?

Where are these titles from?

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

"Music to Watch Boys To" was never confirmed as an album title. She said "I've got an idea for a record called Music to Watch Boys To", but she uses the word "record" interchangeably as a synonym for "song" and "LP album".

I'd like to think that record is more of an album thing for her, I haven't really seen her use record in terms of a song a lot. I think if she was meaning song then she'd say track or just song as to not confuse everyone. Music To Watch Boys To also fits better as an album name than a song name  :fabcat: but thats just my opinion

Yeah I think UV was always UV, but Black Beauty was like the "center" or the "essence" of that album originally, I don't remember where I read that though.

Where are these titles from?

She said it in an interview in November 2011

I think if she was meaning song then she'd say track or just song as to not confuse everyone.

I think you're giving her a little too much credit. This is the same woman who said "I wish I was dead already" to a journalist and then expected him not to print it. I don't think she was thinking much before words came out of her mouth, around that time.