Sign in to follow this  
latothemoon

Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen - Montreal, Canada | November 6, 2017

Lana, Feist, Elvis Costello, Sting and more will all be performing at "Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen", a concert to honor Leonard Cohen a year after his death. It will take place at the Bell Centre in Montreal, where Lana has previously performed twice.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lana-del-rey-elvis-costello-to-lead-leonard-cohen-tribute-w503652

Tower-of-Song-Poster.jpg

Already made hotel reservations in walking distance. 

(and have already seen Lana there in the past.)

I kinda figured both that it would be after one year, and that it would be in Montreal.  Which is where it belongs.

and I will go, regardless of whether artist list changes (as I am not positive the artists are signed up officially)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

She must be fangirling so hard right now :flutter:

She keeps it cool but I bet she's actually screaming on the inside

Yeah, and I would feel so honored to be sing something of someone I love for lots of people who loves him/her too... I know Lana's gonna do great. ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

btw it won't happen, but-

wouldn't it be great if the family sanctioned a legit duet on Chelsea #2 (or perhaps the complete Chelsea #1 and #2)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

O...M...G...!

First, Lana talked about the tribute in her NYC second show before singing Chelsea Hotel #2. "And all of that jiving around" has been changed for "And all of that messing around" which is cool, she really gonna sing it her way. 

Second, Courtney Love has been added to the list of performers and I'm fucking happy because I like her, I was a fan when I was a teenager. Lana will be more comfortable being with artists she already knows/click with.

Additional artists announced earlier today: Seth Rogen, Courtney Love, Coeur de Pirate, Ron Sexsmith, Bettye LaVette and BØRNS. 

ECLECTIC!!! My faves: Lana, Coeur de Pirate, Courtney, Sting and BØRNS.

22769766_10155909308807422_3416068940539

OMFG when I saw the second poster I almost screamed because I didn't see Lana's name in the same place and thought this bicth had cancelled.....turns out I was just being dramatic and she has in fact moved up the billing yassss queeeeen  :hooker:

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

I bought nosebleed tickets and out of the blue, a lady approached us to upgrade us, now we're fucking close on the players bench, it worth like $250 lol! Best day of my life. Bye for now!